• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=115

Close-up: Remnants

excerpt; rest at link above......

The character of Richard Woolsey has come a very long way since his first appearance in Stargate SG-1’s seventh season episode ‘Heroes pt 2’. In fact, he’s almost become accepted by the inhabitants of Atlantis, having leapt in at the deep end to take over command of the City at the beginning of season five. But let’s face it, he’s still a bit of a straight-laced, by-the-book stick-in-the-mud. Certainly not the sort of man you’d expect to lose his head over (or heart to) a pretty woman. But that’s exactly the situation Woolsey’s faced with in ‘Remnants’. And, because this is Stargate Atlantis, this can’t be a straight-forward tale of attraction. Oh no – there has to be something kooky going on!

Comment

SGA - SciFi.com Updates for Remnants/Brain Storm:

From the SciFi Channel's Stargate Atlantis site, updates for November 17, 2008:14

Remnants

* Episode Synopsis

* Episode Photos

NEW Alex Levine blog update for Remnants

NEXT new episode: Brain Storm airs Friday November 21 at its NEW time -- 9pm -- on the SciFi Channel (US).

Things heat up when Dr. Keller and Dr. McKay journey to Earth for a top-secret scientific demonstration by McKay's former rival, who claims to have the remedy for global warming.

Trailer for Brain Storm at SciFi.com

Also embedded on my google blog

NEW Season 5 Quiz!

Food and Drink

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - The Hachiko: Review - 'Remnants':

At The Hachiko:

(Please follow the link for the complete review. The review author rated this episode with a 4 out of 5.)

'Stargate Atlantis' (5.15) "Remnants" - Review

Mon, 11/17/2008 - 11:09 — Vrej Hezaran

I knew once I saw the name of (former Bond villain) Robert Davi in the opening credits that Kolya would be making an appearance on this week's episode. That is rather bizarre, seeing as how he's dead but on a scifi show, there are ways to get around a stiff corpse. Even though the surprise of seeing Kolya was blown from seeing the actor's name, that didn't detract from a very enjoyable episode that seems (to me) that it might serve as the basis for the new Stargate series starting up in 2009.

**snippage**

It seems that with the show ending in the next few weeks, the producers decided it would be nice to revisit old characters. They've made the extra effort to include Beckett this season. Last week, they finished off the Michael story. This week, they brought back Kolya, even though it was a trick. I know that due to behind the scenes problems, Weir won't be back, but wouldn't it be great if we finally got some closure on Lt. Ford?

One last thing: Woolsey's imaginative lady mentioned the movies Mad Money and Kangaroo Jack. Since she's in his mind, does this mean that Woolsey is actually familiar with those movies? He doesn't seem to me the type to know movies, terrible or otherwise, but if those movies are on his mind, I think that's hilarious.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Critical Myth: Review - 'Remnants':

At Critical Myth:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Episode 5.15: “Remnants”

On November - 19 - 2008

Written by Joseph Mollazzi and Paul Mullie
          Directed by William Waring

Writing: 1/2
          Acting: 2/2
          Direction: 2/2
          Style: 1/4

Final Rating: 6/10

The previous episode was fairly intense, even as predictable as it was, so it’s a bit of a letdown to see the writers stray back into less interesting territory. Episodes like this make me wonder if the studio wasn’t right to put an end to “Atlantis” and option a new series with a broader premise. It’s getting harder and harder to tell stand-alone stories with genuine surprises. Much like the Star Trek franchise, it may be time to shake things up a bit.

**snippage**

Which brings me back to where I started. I think that my growing dissatisfaction with this season is not simply a matter of wishing the series had ended on a higher note. I think it’s the feeling that the cancellation has placed the remaining episodes under a more critical eye, as I hope for a strong sendoff, and it’s not measuring up to expectations. If anything, I might even say there’s a hint of complacency in the material. With another season and all the time in the world, that might have been ignored, but now I fear it’s glaring. Perhaps shifting to a new series will give the franchise a fresh start and a chance to reshape our expectations.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - TV Squad: Dave Foley & Bill Nye visit Stargate Atlantis:

At TV Squad:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Dave Foley and Bill Nye visit Stargate Atlantis this week

Posted Nov 19th 2008 10:02AM by Mike Moody

Do you know what a dilithium crystal is? Ever use the term "cosplay" when discussing your weekend plans? Own more than two non-Star Wars action figures? If you answered "Affirmative!" to any of these questions, then you'll be staying home this Friday night, because you're a nerd. It's cool. That means you'll be able to catch this week's ep of Stargate Atlantis, with guest stars Dave Foley, Bill Nye the Science Guy and astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson. All nerds, by the way.

**snippage**

This episode, titled "Brainstorm," looks to be one of the goofier entries for this final season. And if there's one thing the Stargate franchise gets right, it's goofy. So, take a break from "Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe" on Friday and tune in to Sci Fi Channel at 9 p.m. (8 p.m. Central). Make sure to check out this preview clip first [SciFi Channel episode trailer embedded at the site].

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - SYS-CON: Autodesk Tools:

At SYS-CON (via PR Newswire):

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

House, True Blood, Bones, CSI, Californication and More Shaped With Autodesk Tools

By: PR Newswire
              Nov. 19, 2008 08:30 AM

Majority of This Season's Most Popular Shows Benefit from Visual Effects Technology

SAN RAFAEL, Calif., Nov. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- This year's fall television schedule features content created with the full range of Autodesk, Inc. entertainment solutions. From Mad Men and Sons of Anarchy; to NCIS, Entourage, Smallville, Pushing Daisies and Stargate: Atlantis; TV programs are advancing creativity through Autodesk Media & Entertainment technology.

**snippage**

Other studios that worked with Autodesk solutions to create content for the 2008-2009 TV season include:

* Encore Hollywood relies on the Autodesk Inferno visual effects system, Autodesk Fire editing finishing system and Autodesk 3ds Max to shape House (FOX), Mad Men (AMC), My Name is Earl (NBC), NCIS (USA) and Entourage (HBO) to name a few.

* Entity uses Maya, Flame and Inferno for their work on Smallville (CW), Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (FOX) and episodes of Entourage.

* CIS Vancouver utilizes a combination of Flame, Inferno and/or Maya for its TV work on Stargate: Atlantis (SciFi), The L Word (Showtime) and Gemini Award-nominee Canadian hit The Guard.

* The Jim Henson Company relies upon Maya and mental ray for Sid the Science Kid (PBS).

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - TV Guide Magazine: Dec 5 Highlights:

From TV Guide Magazine, Nov 24 - Dec 7 double issue, page 65:

TV HIGHLIGHTS

Friday, 12/5

STARGATE ATLANTIS

9/8C, SCI FI

You think the Wraith are ugly now? Wait until you see one without his mask when Sheppard and some Marine buddies board his vessel.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA/Sanctuary - NEW Episodes Fri Nov 21 '08:

From SciFi.com's schedulebot, the SciFi Friday line up for November 21, 2008:

06:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 6) PARADISE LOST

07:00 PM STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION THE SURVIVORS

08:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS (SEASON 5) REMNANTS

09:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS (SEASON 5) BRAIN STORM - NEW episode - Guest stars include Dave Foley, Bill Nye, and Neil deGrasse Tyson

10:00 PM SANCTUARY EDWARD - NEW episode

11:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS (SEASON 5) BRAIN STORM

12:00 AM SANCTUARY EDWARD

01:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 10) DOMINION

02:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 10) UNENDING

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - DigiGuide (UK): Remnants - Tue Nov 25 '08:

At DigiGuide (UK):

Tuesday 25th November 2008

Stargate Atlantis: Remnants, Sky1, 8:00pm

The sterling sci-fi drama continues. Lt. Col. John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) is abducted and awakens in a forest at the heart of Atlantis's new home planet. Although his hands and feet tightly bound, he manages to free himself and stumbles back to the puddle-jumper, where a familiar, but far from friendly face is waiting for him.

Sheppard's captor is none other than Acastus Kolya (Robert Davi) the former Jgenii commander and torture master who he thought he'd shot dead two years ago. The fearsome foe has not been resting in peace and is hell-bent on exacting revenge. Can Sheppard escape his captor's clutches?

In addition, Richard Woolsey is smitten by scientist Dr Vanessa Conrad, and Atlantis discovers the existence of an ancient alien race.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Pink Raygun: Recap and Review - 'Remnants':

At Pink Raygun:

(Please follow the link for the complete LENGTHY recap and review.)

Stargate Atlantis: Remnants

By Wolfen Moondaughter

So Mallozzi’s last episode, while not as shining or explosive as “Broken Ties”, let him go out of the season with a fairly good bang! It feels good that I’ve been able to, thanks to the writers and Picardo’s talent, around so thoroughly on Woolsey’s character, that I enjoyed the use of him here — thanks, guys, for proving my fears unwarranted. (Now if only you could do that with McKeller — I really would like to enjoy her characters again). I was happy to see Kolya again, too (Interesting, the last appearance for their other major villain right after the last appearance of their other major individual bad guy, Michael ….) There were lots of great little Sixth Sense-y sort of twists here as well (something I’ve come to expect from Mallozzi) — every time I thought I knew what was going on, some new little clue would throw me off again! Lots of great angst for both Woolsey and Sheppard, and some great Sheppard-whump — both physical and emotional. Too bad there was no one there to witness said whummpage, though, as, for me, that’s the best part of a character getting whumped: the sympathy from others. Well, I guess there’s sympathy from the AI, so that’s something. I do lament that it wasn’t a team ep (really, I always will lament episodes that aren’t), but at least we had those beautiful team moments at the beginning and end of the episode — especially the end, since Sheppard was there that time. (By the by, Mallozzi offers some interesting insights to the ep in his blog .…)

**snippage**

While it might not be a particularly spectacular episode, it was a fun little story nonetheless, with some really nice character development. As I said, the fact that it’s not a team ep is my only real regret about it. I think it’s cool that Mallozzi resurrected a character of his from SG-1, Shen, though. I’m also glad that we got to see Kolya one last time; odd as this may seem, since it wasn’t really him anyway, I’m especially glad we got to see a nice Kolya, if only to see the softer side of the actor. I was very happy with the Rodney/Radek moments, too — sure, it wasn’t really Radek, but after the sweet moment of kindness he showed Rodney at the end of another Mallozzi ep, “This Mortal Coil”, I can believe that Radek may at least think nice things like that about McKay, even if he wouldn’t necessary say it out aloud …. And of course I’m appreciative of even the tiny little McShep moments.

See you next week, for my review of “Brain Storm” — if I can stomach doing one! I’ll have to keep reminding myself that it’s a Gero ep, and a Rodney-centric one; I should be deliriously happy about that. Oh, how I wish I could look forward to it more — damn Keller! Well, perhaps Gero will manage to make McKeller believable and palatable to me. I certainly enjoyed the glut of Keller-lite/free eps so far the back half of the season, so I guess this Keller-heavy one and “Identity” are the price to pay for that ….

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate Atlantis - SciFi Wire: We Peer Into Atlantis' Future + Video:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....80&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate Atlantis / Universe / Sanctuary - Flick Filosopher: why does TV suck so much lately?:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....84&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - MSN TV: Tonight's Picks - Nov 21 '08:

At MSN TV:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Tonight's Picks - November 21, 2008

**snippage**

Stargate Atlantis

9:00 PM, SCIFI

Dr. McKay (David Hewlett) accepts an invitation to attend a
                            demonstration of a device touted as the solution to global warming.
                            Once there, he's shocked by the brazen claims that the instrument that
                            can cool the earth by venting excess heat from our space and time into
                            another -- an idea he pursued two years earlier. But when the device
                            is engaged and doesn't stop after achieving desired temperature, McKay
                            must work fast before everyone freezes to death. Brrrr.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Various Sources: Friday's Highlights Nov 21 '08:

At the Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, CA):

Friday's Highlights

November 21, 2008

SERIES

**snippage**

Stargate Atlantis: Dr. McKay (David Hewlett) accepts an invitation to attend a demonstration of a device touted as the solution to global warming (9 p.m. Sci Fi).

~~**~~**

At the Daily Press (VA):

Today's TV Highlights

November 21, 2008

**snippage**

9 p.m. SCI "Stargate Atlantis" Dr. McKay (David Hewlett) accepts an invitation to attend a demonstration of a device touted as the solution to global warming. Once there, he's shocked by the brazen claims that the instrument that can cool the earth by venting excess heat from our space and time into another — an idea he pursued two years earlier. But when the device is engaged and doesn't stop after achieving desired temperature, McKay must work fast before everyone freezes to death. Brrrr.

~~**~~**

At the Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA):

TV Today

Posted on Fri, Nov. 21, 2008

**snipapge**

Stargate Atlantis (9-10 p.m., Sci Fi) - Dr. McKay (David Hewlett) attends a demonstration of a device touted as the solution to global warming. But when the device is engaged and doesn't stop after achieving the desired temperature, McKay must work fast before everyone freezes to death.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - TV Guide Online: Tonight's Hot List Nov 21 '08:

At TV Guide Online:

Today's News: Our Take

Tonight's TV Hot List: Friday, Nov. 21, 2008

by TV Guide News

**snippage**

Stargate Atlantis - [Brain Storm]

9 pm/ET Sci Fi

In a misadventure set off of Atlantis, quirky astrophysicist Rodney McKay takes cute blond doc Jennifer Keller to Earth to observe a scientific demonstration designed to help cool off the planet. If you've ever watched a single episode of the series, you already know that most grand experiments tend to go terribly wrong, resulting in our Stargate heroes having to race against the clock to save the day. Kids in the Hall alum Dave Foley and Bill Nye the Science Guy guest star. — Michael Chant

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X