X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - The Hachiko: Review of 'The Lost Tribe':

At The Hachiko:

(Please follow the link for the complete review. The review author rated this episode with a 3 out of 5.)

'Stargate Atlantis' (5.11) "The Lost Tribe" - Review

Mon, 10/13/2008 - 09:39 — Vrej Hezaran

If there's one thing at which Stargate Atlantis excels, it's disappointing me after cliffhangers. At the end of the last episode, the gate room on Atlantis blew up with Zelenka and Sheppard inside. We all knew they'd survive, of course, but the fun is speculating on how they survived and seeing if you're right when the conclusion airs. So how did they survive? Beats me. They apparently...just...did. They took cover or something...I'm not quite sure. It was a completely meaningless cliffhanger to build some artificial suspense that went nowhere. But on to the real plot.

**snippage**

The reveal that the suited aliens are Asgard wasn't nearly as satisfying as I had hoped. I was really waiting for some new badass aliens that would stir up so much trouble and basically replace the defanged Wraith as the new baddies, but no such luck. We'll see where the writers can take this revelation with only nine episodes left in the series, but I'm not too hopeful. Their suits did allow for good Star Wars-style let's-wear-their-armor escapades by McKay and Jackson, though.

Even though I have some gripes with the episode, I found the action to be quite entertaining, with lots of gunplay and ship battles, and the use of one hyperspace window to pass two ships was pretty inventive. Also, the fact that so many gates are now wiped off the face of the Pegasus galaxy will surely have an effect in the Stargate TV universe.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate Atlantis - New episodes in December?:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....99&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From SciFi.com's schedulebot, SciFi Channel's SciFi Friday line up for October 17 '08:

8:00P STARGATE ATLANTIS - THE LOST TRIBE

9:00P STARGATE ATLANTIS - OUTSIDERS - NEW episode. Paul McGillion guest stars!

11:00P STARGATE ATLANTIS - OUTSIDERS

01:00A STARGATE SG-1 RECKONING - PART 1 - Guest starring: Tony Amendola as Bra'tac, Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter, Cliff Simon as Ba'al, Mel Harris as Oma Desala and Isaac Hayes as Tolok

02:00A STARGATE SG-1 RECKONING - PART 2 - Guest starring: Tony Amendola as Bra'tac, Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter, Cliff Simon as Ba'al, Mel Harris as Oma Desala and Isaac Hayes as Tolok

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I was noodling around at TV Guide Online, and clicked on their Most Popular TV Shows section:

http://www.tvguide.com/Top/tvshows.aspx

And by golly -- Stargate Atlantis is on the list.

It's the very last listed series, # 100 on the list -- but we're there!

I wonder how often they update that list, though, because they're still listing 'Moonlight.'

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Yahoo! TV: Tonight's Picks Friday Oct 17 '08:

At Yahoo! TV:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Tonight's Picks Friday Oct 17 '08

**snippage**

Stargate: Atlantis

Friday at 9pm on Sci Fi

The Wraith may do to the Balarians what the Hoffan plague couldn't, while the refugees from the lethal plague discover their biggest threat comes from one of their own.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Pink Raygun: Recap and Review - 'The Lost Tribe':

At Pink Raygun:

(Please follow the link for the complete LENGTHY recap and review of 'The Lost Tribe.')

Stargate Atlantis: The Lost Tribe

By Wolfen Moondaughter

This ep, as I suspected, proved a fairly strong follow-up to the first half of the story arc; bravo, Gero! Lots of cleverness all around, from Todd’s decision to use the Daedalus itself as a weapon, to John’s idea to save the Daedalus, to Rodney’s idea to save the galaxy! I’m proud of our guys!

There’s only three points that I’m really disappointed/annoyed on: the fact that Sheppard and company are so slow on the uptake in the scene with Todd regarding the Attero Device; the lack of closure regarding this recent development with Wraith (but I can forgive that, as it adds tension to the story and, if there had been another season, would have given us something to look forward to); and the implosion of the Ronon/Keller ship (which, unfortunately, is a huge point — although not quite for the reason you may be thinking at the moment — so I’ll get into that at the end of the column). Well, okay, four points: there was no mention by Daniel of Vala, or even any of the rest of SG-1. But I think Ill get over that. And there are a few other little logic hiccups here and there, but I can forgive those, too.

** major snippage**

Ah well. As unhappy as I’m finding myself regarding Keller in general and McKeller in particular, I won’t stop watching the show over it or anything — I enjoy McShep, and the stories as a whole, far too much. And I can be gracious enough to be happy for my McKeller-loving friends. (I just hope they keep an airsickness bag handy for me!) And I can pray that Staite’s performance in the future finally changes my mind regarding the lack of chemistry on Keller’s part towards Rodney.

See you all next week, for “Outsiders”!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA/Sanctuary - Clique Clack: Tonight on the Tube:

At Clique Clack:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Tonight on the tube

October 17th, 2008 by Jason Hughes

**snippage**

8:00p/7:00 Central

* SciFi repeats last week’s Stargate: Atlantis while Cartoon Network throws down the third Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

9:00p/8:00 Central

* Following up those repeats is the new Stargate: Altantis, in which plague refugees face new dangers from the Wraith.

10:00p/9:00 Central

* Or if creepy and “out of this world (but not literally probably)” action is more your style, find out what a folding man is on SciFi’s Sanctuary. I’ve known men who boasted they could fold … well, never mind. They were probably lying anyway.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - SciFi.com: Updates for Outsiders:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=372

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Clique Clack: Review of 'Outsiders':

At Clique Clack:

(Some very nice HD screen caps at the site. Thanks, Brett! Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Posted by Brett Love

Stargate Atlantis - Outsiders
                    (Season 5, Episode 12)

As we count down these last remaining episodes of Atlantis, episodes like “Outsiders” should be expected. It’s time to start looking back at the past and wrapping up some loose ends. And so we find ourselves being called back to the Hoffan drug of “Poisoning The Well.” It seems that the Wraith have decided just how to deal with the drug, and it’s not an unexpected decision. That’s not to say that the episode was predictable. The story brought with it some complicated morality questions, and at least one of the answers was rather unexpected.

**snippage**

It’s not one that’s going to go down in the SG annals as one of the can’t miss Atlantis entries, but certainly worth the time. I was left with a couple of nagging questions, however. First, did anyone else find it odd that Teyla didn’t sense a whole group of Wraith walking into the town? And second, what happened to Novo (Agam Darshi)? Given how close she was to Beckett, it struck me as strange that there was no followup with her after the first group of Balarans was dropped off. All things considered, I’d call it a good episode.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Sci Fi Chicks: Review - 'Outsiders':

At Sci Fi Chicks:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Stargate Atlantis: “Outsiders”

Posted on October 18th, 2008 by Sandy

**snippage**

Unfortunately, the script seemed to go with what was expedient, rather than what was plausible. For instance, did it not occur to the villagers who wanted to turn the plague survivors over to the Wraith that as soon as they did, the Wraith would know who left in the village was safe to feed on? Also, collapsing a mine on the platoon of Wraith was a great way to take out an enemy who greatly outnumbered his own people, but when Sheppard set off the charges, he also buried the villagers who wanted to turn over the plague survivors. These villagers were just human beings whose only crime was to be short-sighted regarding their own survival and inconvenient to Sheppard’s plan. Not one word was spared for the moral quagmire represented there.

For the most part, the same writers who wrote the last five seasons of Stargate SG-1 have also now written five seasons of Stargate Atlantis, and the strain is starting to show. An infusion of fresh blood onto the writing staff could only help Stargate Universe when it comes out.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SciFi.com updated their incomplete preliminary December schedule through December 19 '08, and it does NOT look like SGA is getting a new episode on the 19th.

12/19/2008 06:00 PM STARGATE SG-1
                        12/19/2008 11:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS
                        12/19/2008 01:00 AM STARGATE SG-1
                        12/19/2008 02:00 AM STARGATE SG-1

It looks like SciFi is airing a Sanctuary marathon that evening:

12/19/2008 07:00 PM SANCTUARY
                        12/19/2008 08:00 PM SANCTUARY
                        12/19/2008 09:00 PM SANCTUARY
                        12/19/2008 10:00 PM SANCTUARY
                        12/19/2008 12:00 AM SANCTUARY

I can't see getting new SGA episodes on the holiday weekends of Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.

As Battlestar Galactica returns Jan. 16 at 10pm (Sanctuary's time slot), it's possible that the final two episodes of Sanctuary could air on Jan. 9th., leaving SGA's final two episodes to premiere on Jan. 16 with Vegas and Enemy at the Gate on Jan. 25th.

(All speculation on my part, of course.)

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I think we've heard 'people' state already that it was going to end in January, so this could indeed be how it's done.

Isn't Vegas on the 12th? Oh wait, when is Thanksgiving, so when will a new ep day be skipped?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

[U]
                            Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            I think we've heard 'people' state already that it was going to end in January, so this could indeed be how it's done.

Isn't Vegas on the 12th? Oh wait, when is Thanksgiving, so when will a new ep day be skipped?
                            Here's the schedule so far:

"Inquisition" airs Friday Oct 24-- at its new time -- 9pm!

No episode on Oct. 31 because of Halloween.

"The Prodigal" airs Nov 7.

"Remnants" airs Nov 14.

"Brain Storm" airs Nov 21.

No episode on Nov. 28th because of Thanksgiving Holiday.

"Infection" airs Dec 5.

"Identity" airs Dec. 12.

No episode on Dec. 19th because of Sanctuary marathon.

I'm guessing no episode on Dec. 26 because of Christmas.

No episode on Jan. 2 because of New Year's Holiday.

No episode on Jan. 9th for Sanctuary finale episodes (I'm presuming).

"Vegas" January 16

"Enemy at the Gate" January 25th - Edit: Jan. 23rd
                            Last edited by morjana; 19 October 2008, 11:59 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Excuse me if my math is off, but isn't the difference between Jan 16th and Jan 25th more than 7 days?

Typo, or rescheduling thing?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                                Excuse me if my math is off, but isn't the difference between Jan 16th and Jan 25th more than 7 days?

Typo, or rescheduling thing?

Uhm...Jan 23rd. Possibly a typo, more likely, old age!

(Math? LOL!)

Thanks, Spikey, for catching that.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X