X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - SyFy Portal: Review of 'The Lost Tribe':

At SyFy Portal:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Review: 'Stargate: Atlantis' - The Lost Tribe

By WAYNE HALL
    Source: SyFy Portal
    Oct-11-2008

**snippage**

What Worked

As I said previously, this had all the earmarks of a great "SG-1" episode -- action, humor, multiple storylines, character-based situations. Honestly, I have missed this kind of breakneck pacing and action. But I am a big action fan.

I knew Todd the Wraith was not to be trusted, and he deserted the humans to save his own people. There should be consequences for that, and soon.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Access Atlanta: TV Best Bets Oct. 17:

At Access Atlanta (Atlanta, GA):

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

TV

TV Best Bets

By RODNEY HO
      The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
      Monday, October 13, 2008

FRIDAY

• “Stargate Atlantis” 9 p.m. SciFi — Refugees the Atlantis team relocated are not as grateful as they had hoped.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Science Fiction Stuff: Review 'The Last Tribe':

At Science Fiction Stuff:

(Some nice screen caps at the site. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Stargate Atlantis "The Lost Tribe" Review

Sunday, October 12, 2008

**snippage**

Overall I thought it was great. Good action and the usual quirky dialogue from McKay, especially in his interactions with Jackson.

I did think that some of the space battle effects at he end with the Travellers ship v the Asgard were a bit dodgy. It looks like the FX department were experimenting with some new angles but I didn't think it worked, the rest however including the FX where the Daedalus enters the planetary atmosphere were pretty cool.

On a soapy note, we discover that Keller is not interested in Ronon. She has her eye ion someone else.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Total SciFi: Review of 'First Contact':

At Total SciFi:

(Please follow the link for the complete review. The review author rated this episode with a 10 out of 10.)

Posted on Monday 13 October 2008

Stargate Atlantis: First Contact (season 5, episode 10)

TV episode review
          US airdate 26 September 2008 (Sci Fi Channel)

**snippage**

What an absolutely brilliant mid-season cliffhanger episode! This is one of the best yet. It has everything – action, suspense, surprises, intrigue, great visuals. It is just about a case of you name it, it’s got it.

**snippage**

Yet it also manages to convey real emotion, character and drama. Most of all, the mystery of this new ‘race’ - just who they are inside those suits and what they ultimately want - creates genuine excitement and a sensation of not being able to wait for the second part. Perfection indeed.

-- Brigid Cherry

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Total SciFi: Review - 'Tracker':

At Total SciFi:

(Please follow the link for the complete review. The review author rated with episode with a 6 out of 10.)

Posted on Monday 13 October 2008

Stargate Atlantis: Tracker (season 5, episode 9)

TV episode review
            US airdate 19 September 2008 (Sci Fi Channel)

**snippage**

After ‘Whispers’ two episodes before it, this is another instalment with a reduced regular cast - this time it is McKay and Ronan, along with Keller - and a limited location shoot. This is obviously a filler between the set-up in 'The Queen', and future developments on the Todd/gene therapy season-arc.

**snippage**

It is gratifying that Keller is not quite the weak female stereotype she was in season 4, but there is still a lot lacking in the character. It’s quite intriguing, then, to see a potential love triangle emerging, but one wonders if it will have a point, or if it will – as indicated here – just be played for laughs.

-- Brigid Cherry

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA / Sanctuary - Aced Magazine: This Week on TV - Oct. 13 '08:

At Aced Magazine:

This Week on TV

ACED Bloggers - Television Blog

Written by Jenna Bensoussan
              Monday, 13 October 2008

Friday rounds out the prime-time week with Starter Wife, Stargate Atlantis and Sanctuary. In Sanctuary, the team follows a probe of unusual robberies that lead Helen and Will to a group of strange criminals (to say the least). This show has really tightened up since its premiere, and this and the previous week's episodes prove it. Stargate Atlantis is another SCI FI series which airs before and after Sanctuary (in case you missed it the first showing), with this episode following Beckett and Sheppard as they come to the aid of villagers being attacked by the Wraith.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Mania: TV Wasteland week of Oct. 13 '08:

At Mania:

TV Wasteland

By: Stephen Lackey
                Date: Monday, October 13, 2008

**snippage**

Friday

STARGATE ATLANTIS (SCIFI, 9PM EST) OUTSIDERS

Refugees are imperiled when the Wraith threaten to destroy their village sanctuary, forcing Sheppard and Beckett to intervene.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - IGN: Review 'The Lost Tribe':

At IGN:

(The review author rated this episode with a 9.2 out of 10. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Stargate Atlantis: "The Lost Tribe" Review

The mysterious new aliens are revealed, and it's a doozy.

by Tory Ireland Mell

October 13, 2008 - After watching this episode, and the one prior to it, it makes one wonder why they can't make whole seasons this fantastic. Picking up where the mid-season finale left off there was not a beat skipped. The pacing, action and story were still perfectly intact and helped take me back to the glory days of Stargate.

**snippage**

Overall this was a near perfect part of a sure to be classic SGA
                  two-parter. Great acting, good visual effects and a fun storyline kept
                  me on the edge of my couch the whole time, and leaves me wondering A)
                  Will we get to see anymore of the Asgard before the end of the series?
                  B) What is the fate of the Janus device? C) Why the hell was Atlantis
                  cancelled?

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Answers:

Spoiler:
                    A) Nope.
                    B) Dead
                    C) Idiots

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

SGA - MGM Stargate: Behind The Scenes: First Contact and The Lost Tribe:

At MGM Stargate:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Behind The Scenes: First Contact and The Lost Tribe

October 13, 2008 (Episodes)

Writer Martin Gero takes us behind the scenes on the making of Stargate Atlantis’ tumultuous two-parter!

As far as most fans are concerned, Atlantis is where Daniel Jackson belongs. After all, he knows the Ancients arguably better than any other living human, and so you’d think that establishing a colony in one of their cities – in another galaxy, no less – would be right up his alley. He thought so too, and it became something of a running joke that the character has never really had time to explore the city as much as he’d like.

Setting out to rectify that, writer Martin Gero put together a mid-season two-part episode that saw Daniel spending plenty of time unearthing Atlantis’ secrets – and finding more than he bargained for in the process. Gero describes ‘First Contact’ and ‘The Lost Tribe’ as “One of those big swash buckling episodes that we do right,” and putting Daniel Jackson into the middle of all that action was just part of the fun.

“It was definitely something that I had wanted to do for quite some time, and was finally afforded the opportunity to do,” says Gero of Daniel’s arrival. “My favorite Daniel stories were always the ones where he was on the treasure hunt, with puzzles and figuring out this and that. We hadn’t done that in forever.”

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Critical Myth: Review - 'The Lost Tribe':

At Critical Myth:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Episode 5.11: “The Lost Tribe”

October - 13 - 2008

Written by Martin Gero
                        Directed by Andy Mikita

Writing: 2/2
                        Acting: 2/2
                        Direction: 2/2
                        Style: 2/4

Final Rating: 8/10

**snippage**

This was a good resolution, but I don’t think it was as impressive as it could have been. The intention was to set up another shift in the status quo for the Pegasus Galaxy, leaving plenty of room for future exploration, so a number of elements were left wide open. I wouldn’t say that it was sloppy, but with so little left to the series proper, it does increase the chances of major dangling plot threads.

**snippage**

In the end, was this a bad episode? Not at all. But I think the loose ends are more glaring in the light of the series cancellation. It’s felt like the past few seasons have often squandered opportunity, and I don’t want to see the final season fall into the same unfortunate pattern.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

It would seem the critics are taking a liking to "The Lost Tribe" Now that's what I'm talking about.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            It would seem the critics are taking a liking to "The Lost Tribe" Now that's what I'm talking about.
                            yeah even the guys at SyFy liked it
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              yeah even the guys at SyFy liked it
                              This person could not have said it better...

Overall this was a near perfect part of a sure to be classic SGA
                              two-parter. Great acting, good visual effects and a fun storyline kept
                              me on the edge of my couch the whole time, and leaves me wondering A)
                              Will we get to see anymore of the Asgard before the end of the series?
                              B) What is the fate of the Janus device? C) Why the hell was Atlantis
                              cancelled?

Edit: I just read the SyFY portal one. Wow he had nothing to say for the "What didn't work". I think the only issue and dissapointment with this episode is that the show is being cancelled and will not be able to be resolved as a TV series, because MGM is a word I cannot post on the open forum.
                              sigpic

Comment

This person could not have said it better...

Edit: I just read the SyFY portal one. Wow he had nothing to say for the "What didn't work". I think the only issue and dissapointment with this episode is that the show is being cancelled and will not be able to be resolved as a TV series, because MGM is a word I cannot post on the open forum.
                                I know!
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X