This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Über View Post
    I was a Lieutenant Major in the United States Marine Force so I don't understand the problem.

Shep is a Lt. Colonel now. And, does Lt. major come directly before Lt. Colonel?
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I was a Lieutenant Major in the United States Marine Force so I don't understand the problem.

you were a Lt Mj in the USMC?
      Spoiler:

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      So basically there was one day on which she worked 19 hours as "The Queen"?
      yup that's what she said
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Well, Major comes before Lt. Colonel in the USAF, right?

They can never promote Major Lorne to Lt. Colonel, because that would mean he's as high as Sheppard.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Well, Major comes before Lt. Colonel in the USAF, right?
          yup

They can never promote Major Lorne to Lt. Colonel, because that would mean he's as high as Sheppard.
          true. unless they promote Shep to Col
          sigpic

Comment

Slice of SciFi Interview With Paul McGillion
            Posted by Sam on Monday, 7 Jul 2008

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/07/...aul-mcgillion/

Comment

SGA - The Media Pundit: Stargate Atlantis week:

From The Media Pundit:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Stargate Atlantis week

July 7, 2008 in Television

I hope everyone had a good weekend and that a lot of you are looking forward to the 5th season premier of Stargate Atlantis this coming Friday. I've got a week full of SGA stuff planned out and I figure this post would be a good place to keep track of it all (for you) as we progress throughout the week.

Click on through to see what I have planned and bookmark this post as it will be continually updated throughout the week as each piece of published.

As I sit here munching on a deliciously evil breakfast sausage biscuit (yeah, you know exactly what I'm talking about too) I'm also looking over my calendar to make sure everything is in order. Here is what I've got planned so far.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Monsters & Critics
                July 7 2008

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/sm...rgate_Atlantis

excerpt:

I’m anticipating this hotly discussed script in the upcoming season, Whispers. It’s got a horror tinge and I was wondering if you could elaborate?

Joseph Mallozzi: I’ve always been a big fan of horror and one of the things that - , one of the great things about Stargate is that we can do such a variety of different types of stories.

I mean, we do our funny episodes. We do our serious episodes, the off world episodes, the ship based episode. I just realized that we’ve never really done a horror episode.

We’ve done monster movies but never really kind of a scare fest. So I pitched stuff to the guys and they really liked the idea.
                I spoke to Will Waring, our Director who directed the episode and he’s also a big fan of horror movies.

We actually did a little mini horror movie for the episode, Whispers. What we did, Joe Flannigan and Paul McGillion -- two of our regulars -- joined an all female team on an off world adventure.

I mean, one of the things about TV, episodic television in general is at the end of the day you kind of know that your heroes are going to come out of it in one piece, more or less, unless you happen to be Carson Beckett (and trend A) or what have you.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

From Web Comics Nation:

(Please follow the link for the full-size, high-resolution graphic.)

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Entertainment Weekly Online: Tonight's Best TV July 11 '08:

From Entertainment Weekly Online:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

TONIGHT'S BEST TV

A DAILY GUIDE TO NOTABLE SHOWS by Jessica Shaw

10-11PM

Sci Fi, TV-PG

Season Premiere
                    Stargate Atlantis

Col. John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) and Ronon Dex (Jason Momoa) find themselves trapped under the rubble of Michael's compound. Will Col. Samantha Carter be able to fight off Michael and his Wraith hybrids? And what will become of Teyla and her baby?

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

TV Guide

A fan scanned the latest from TV GUIDE at

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/0...ide-scans.html

Nothing new in text but new picture with the cast

Comment

MeeVee

http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/200...g-with-ro.html

July 8 2008
                        Talking With Robert Picardo of "Stargate: Atlantis"

Excerpt:
                        About replacing Amanda Tapping:

Robert Picardo: In the same way that when I got my role on Voyager as the artificial intelligence character in that cast, I was concerned that I would be measured against Brent Spiner’s character because he’d been the android on the Next Generation and now I was the hologram on Voyager.
                        But nonetheless, we were going to mime some of the same issues and story lines. And I thought he had done that so successfully and was so popular that I would inevitably be measured against him. Fortunately in that case, I was defined by the writers and as much as I could by my own work as differently as I could be from him, and it turned out to be a non-issue, I think.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

SGA - UGO: Stargate Atlantis Season Premiere:

From UGO:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Stargate Atlantis Season Premiere

By K. Thor Jensen

SCI FI's Stargate Atlantis has enjoyed considerable success for a spin-off of a spin-off of a mostly forgettable movie. Entering its fifth season, the show has developed a number of memorable characters and engaging plots, and last season's cliffhanger finale had the faithful waiting in suspense to see what happens next. The series takes place in a rich, interesting universe, well-developed with a number of distinct civilizations. The primary plot arc of the show has been the war against the parasitic Wraith, but things have grown more complex with the introduction of Michael, a strange hybrid of Wraith and human who considers himself a more evolved lifeform than either.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Um there is no such rank in the military.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              that's what I thought too
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                I'll have you know that is a lie. I was one a lieutenant major until I was promoted to captain colenial

Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X