Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want them to keep the Wraith. They did introduce a new race that was the travlers. They didn't impress me. It has to do with Larren I think that's how you spell her name. I don't know if the PTB will go anywhere with them in season five.

How about a race that is older than the ancients. A race that orginally seeded the galaxy than went away maybe due to a plague or some other reason. Then they come back reclaiming the galaxy. Just a thought on introducing yet another new race. in PG. Just don't get rid of the Wraith.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by coolguy55220 View Post
      i hate the geni, i dont enjoy ne of the episodes with them in it... when i see the preview of next weeks episode having anything to do with the genii, my enthusiasm just goes away lol dunno y..
      we need to have a new mini enemies.. I really like the Bob and Michael as sub group of the Wraith, adds something different... Just like how the gou'ld started breaking into different groups during the progression of SG1.

Spoiler:
      Although, season 5 is supposed to introduce the travelers so that'll be cool to see.
      Really? My enthusiasim spiked especially if Koyla was there.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
        How about a race that is older than the ancients. A race that orginally seeded the galaxy than went away maybe due to a plague or some other reason. Then they come back reclaiming the galaxy. Just a thought on introducing yet another new race. in PG. Just don't get rid of the Wraith.
        "Hi, we're the Precursors. We want your little galaxy. Get out."

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
          ooooooh lucius just annoys me he was a bad charatcher

Yeah, and no one on the show was like "Hey this guy is a serial rapist, let us bring him to justice post haste." Nope they just let him go.

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post

LS
          Yes! I like that, and they should be really alien with like tentacles and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaeth View Post
            Yeah, and no one on the show was like "Hey this guy is a serial rapist, let us bring him to justice post haste." Nope they just let him go.
            Because it wasn't. They still had free will.

Yes! I like that, and they should be really alien with like tentacles and everything.
            Personally I'd love an enemy race like the Xindi from Enterprise. Not just one enemy but a race that is built on more than one species.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Because it wasn't. They still had free will.

No they were drugged, if you take away someone's ability to say 'no' that's rape. He was using that chemical like a mass effect rufie. On the DVD commentary they even admitted that hadn't occurred to them.

Comment

Their ability to say no wasn't taken away, it was influenced. They still had free will.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Their ability to say no wasn't taken away, it was influenced. They still had free will.
                  So everyone willingly allowed Lucius to do all that stuff on Atlantis? Ronon willingly held Rodney down so Lucius could affect him with the drug.? Dr Weir willingly wanted to marry him? The chemical Lucius used overrode their normal cognizant function, they weren't in their right minds because of that chemical. Rohypnol doesn't just knock you out, it impairs motor skill and cognition before you go unconscious. Having sex with someone under these conditions prior to unconsciousness is still rape, it can be hard to prove in a court of law but it's still rape. Lucius's chemical effected their minds and judgment in a similar matter. Lucius didn't talk his way into Atlantis, he wasn't some charismatic cult leader he got what he wanted by poisoning people.

Comment

So everyone willingly allowed Lucius to do all that stuff on Atlantis? Ronon willingly held Rodney down so Lucius could affect him with the drug.? Dr Weir willingly wanted to marry him?
                    At the time? Yes.

The chemical Lucius used overrode their normal cognizant function, they weren't in their right minds because of that chemical. Rohypnol doesn't just knock you out, it impairs motor skill and cognition before you go unconscious. Having sex with someone under these conditions prior to unconsciousness is still rape, it can be hard to prove in a court of law but it's still rape. Lucius's chemical effected their minds and judgment in a similar matter. Lucius didn't talk his way into Atlantis, he wasn't some charismatic cult leader he got what he wanted by poisoning people.
                    No one's saying what he did wasn't immoral, but on the other hand he can consume whatever he likes, there's no way in hell he'd be convicted of rape for this in a court of law.

Comment

well i was thinking. maybe just have a race thats very remote, and is like sg1, but then mainly ancient tech combined with theirs, not asgard. they have prometheus/deadalus like ships, utilize ancient shields, ancient stunners, ancient personal shields, ancient pulse weapons, and have an arctic superweapon. they posses 5 auroras. now, that'be fun

Comment

I agree with some of the posts in here: the Stargate franchise needs a new big, bad enemy. My preferences and ideas:

1) A totally new, original species, preferably alien. I'm getting just a little tired of all the human species. In case of the Jaffa and the Goa'uld, it was a very interesting explanation and I think we can all live with the fact that the Ancients seeded the Pegasus Galaxy with human life aswell, but come on. This is still sci-fi! Something truly alien would be appreciated!

2) Very powerful but they must have a flaw that keeps them from wiping everyone out. Again, it was handled well with the Goa'uld in the past as they were all too arrogant to consider us a threat and were far too pre-occupied with bashing each other's heads in rather than ours.

3) I believe they should be technologically advanced to the point that their standard cruisers are equal to or a shade better than our Asgard-upgraded 304's, but they'd come in far greater numbers and have motherships that are just too big to do any considerable damage to (which makes it obvious that Earth could never ward off an assault should they choose to attack).

My idea for a good new bad guy: an alien race that was either cast out of their galaxy/part of the universe by another species or had to leave for other reasons. They take a massive fleet to move their entire people (or what's left of them) and find the Pegasus Galaxy, which they begin to colonise. They don't have any bad intentions per se, but their presence complicates things for the Pegasus Galaxy's inhabitants. Some strike back against them and are subsequently wiped out. The Atlantis crew could understand their need for a new home but there's just not enough room for them. It would be a very fragile balance as the crew wouldn't want to piss off their whole race, but don't want them take over the Pegasus Galaxy too much either.

Comment

At the time? Yes.
                          No, it was because of the chemical he could do all that.

No one's saying what he did wasn't immoral, but on the other hand he can consume whatever he likes, there's no way in hell he'd be convicted of rape for this in a court of law.
                          Wow, that's what I already said. I already said it would be hard to prove in a court of law (understatement). But rape is often a hard crime to prove anyway, especially date rape. However, everyone in that village and on Atlantis knew he was using that chemical (after the fact) so if the villagers had decided to punish him they'd have plenty of cause and empirical evidence. Perhaps he did get imprisoned and he managed to get out....Hopefully we never see him again.

Comment

That's really the crux of the matter, isn't it? How is that chemical truly different from our own natural pheromones (except a lot stronger), or those Axe bodysprays that, according to the commercials, can have girls running at your anywhere you go?

It depends on how you think about attraction. Some think it has to do with emotions, some think it's all biology. If it's the latter, then Lucius is just...making natural selection choose him a lot more than everyone else.

Comment

Yes, but their free will was influenced, not taken away.

Comment

Where is there any indication that the people affected by the drug still had free will to deny Lucius? Show the proof, and please put more effort into it than "because I said so."

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                That's really the crux of the matter, isn't it? How is that chemical truly different from our own natural pheromones (except a lot stronger), or those Axe bodysprays that, according to the commercials, can have girls running at your anywhere you go?
                                Um, because Axe body spray, outside of smelling like cheap crap, does not actually have the ability to remove free will. If it did it would be classified in the same category as GHB or rohypnol and banned. Come on now.

Comment

Working...
                                X