• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    Originally posted by PG15
    *Head explodes*
    I second this
    Me three
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      Or instead of being negative you could say that its nice to have characters from the parent show step in now and then for a little ratings boost so we can have a little extra ratings oomph now and then so we can continue enjoying our sga characters who are always gonna be here.

It is pandering to sg1 fans and it is pandering to the ratings devils at the company, but if it helps cement the show i say sure! Give us a sg1 guest spot now and then.

O and btw all of sg1 one has not been to atlantis at the same time even once.
      If SGA was a strong as it should be, we wouldn't need the SG1 characters for a ratings boost. I love SG1, but they've gone on to make movies and are now doing other projects. I want TPTB to boost our own SGA characters, like Teyla, Ronon, Lorne, Zelenka. I want to know more about everyone I've seen in Atlantis, not waste episodes with characters I already know inside out, who are just brought in for ratings.

I'm not being negative. SG1 did its time and its gone. Now I want to see SGA stand on its own two feet without help from a dead show.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Yes, because a ratings boost is the only possible reason they could have for bringing an SG-1 character over for an ep or two.

I didn't hear a single person complain when Atlantis characters guest starred on SG-1 in TPP. Those people must have realised it was realistic for this sort of thing to happen every now and then. It's a shame others can't take a step back and see this is one big Stargate universe...
        Last edited by SGFerrit; 23 February 2008, 01:05 PM.

Comment

A ratings boost is always good; it doesn't matter what the usual ratings are for the show.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
            If SGA was a strong as it should be, we wouldn't need the SG1 characters for a ratings boost. I love SG1, but they've gone on to make movies and are now doing other projects. I want TPTB to boost our own SGA characters, like Teyla, Ronon, Lorne, Zelenka. I want to know more about everyone I've seen in Atlantis, not waste episodes with characters I already know inside out, who are just brought in for ratings.
            I think whatever the PTB's motives ,the ratings weren't their only reason.I always wondered how much they wanted to draw from the entire SG Universe cast/characters back when Rising ,then LFP was aired.
            I would have preferred Atlantis to keep it's own identity ,but since Siege P1,that was never going to happen imo.
            I liked some of Carter's input,but I preferred SG-1 Sam .Moot anyway as AT/Carter are leaving in S5.I still don't know if I'll like Woolsey as Commander.
            Spoiler:
            I enjoyed seeing Teal'c in Midway.He and Ronon played off each other well,in my opinion ,and I'm hoping the Daniel eps will be good in S5 too.If I have any criticisms though,I intend to air them once I've watched.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            I'm not being negative. SG1 did its time and its gone. Now I want to see SGA stand on its own two feet without help from a dead show.
            I don't see you as negative either,as you explained your reasons for your feelings ,and you are perfectly entitled to air them .
            I don't think SGA will ever be separated from SG-1,but it's a given thing for me now,that the direction changed after S1 ,and I don't see it changing back to "Atlantis alone against the Pegasus Galaxy " ,which was how I felt about the show back then.
            I'm hoping to see plenty development for the Atlantis characters in upcoming eps and next season though.
            I'm just maybe more optimistic than some,and less critical than others here .

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
            Yes, because a ratings is boost is the only possible reason they could have for bringing an SG-1 character over for an ep or two.
            Not the only one ,I'd agree ,but it may have been a significant factor.None of us fans know every last detail ,do we ?

Originally posted by SGFerrit
            I didn't hear a single person complain when Atlantis characters guest starred on SG-1 in TPP. Those people must have realised it was realistic for this sort of thing to happen every now and then. It's a shame others can't take a step back and see this is one big Stargate universe...
            Oh ,I heard (or rather read) plenty criticism of TPP.I think we just read different threads .
            This forum is full of diverse opinions and almost every POV is welcomed.I prefer to post on GW for that very reason.
            If fans change their minds or soften on some issues like this topic ,after they see S5,then that's up to them,and no amount of discussion will prevent them from deciding for themselves.
            In the meantime ,some will agree with crossover cast members and others won't .

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            A ratings boost is always good; it doesn't matter what the usual ratings are for the show.
            ITA.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'll never understand some people, we have two brilliant crossovers TPP and Midway, which most of the fans praise on here then we're told we could have more of these brilliant crossovers and people moan. Seriously in SGA's entire run we've only had a few crossovers not including Sam's S4 stunt, I really don't get what people are moaning about.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
                Oh no, more crossovers from another show that the vast majority of us love! Oh, the humanity!

Seriously, just give it a [mod snip] break with all these anti-Atlantis+SG1 posts. I mean, I get it that you don't want SG1 characters overshadowing the Atlantis ones, but that's not what they're doing. Every time an SG1 character has been on Atlantis they have been nothing more than a supporting character.

I personally can't wait to see Daniel on Atlantis. Should be a great 2 episodes.

Seriously give me a break from all these posters like you who think everything Stargate does is spun gold, i like anyone else has a right to criticise and have an opinion on what is shown in SGA.

Heaven forbid we take a swipe at your perfect show!!!
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 February 2008, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
                  Seriously give me a break from all these posters like you who think everything Stargate does is spun gold, i like anyone else has a right to criticise and have an opinion on what is shown in SGA.

Heaven forbid we take a swipe at your perfect show!!!
                  When did I say everything Stargate does is "gold"? There are many things that I don't like about this show and on occasion I will post about it, but this? It's one thing to whine about a past crossover that you disliked or about a character you dislike crossing over, but why [mod snip] about an SG1 character coming to Atlantis for 2 episodes when you have no reason to do so?
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 February 2008, 05:32 PM.
                  Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    Yes, because a ratings is boost is the only possible reason they could have for bringing an SG-1 character over for an ep or two.

Heh, you got a good point. No one /wrists over all of SGA on SG1 but somehow the opposite is evil. LAWLZ

Comment

In my experience, crossover characters are usually poorly written, often dulled down and stilted. Part of what makes a character interesting is their interactions with other familiar faces, not being thrown in with a bunch of strangers.

O'Neill was far less interesting than he could have been in his appearance in The Return. Carter has been a horribly dull addition to the cast, and Teal'c didn't seem to fit at all.

I've rarely seen crossovers that work well. Mostly they serve as a novelty, or as a walk down memory lane for characters from a dead show.

Comment

I don't mind appearances by SG-1 characters, but with the plot similarities that have developed, Atlantis is feeling less like a spin-off and more like a sequel. There is a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                          In my experience, crossover characters are usually poorly written, often dulled down and stilted. Part of what makes a character interesting is their interactions with other familiar faces, not being thrown in with a bunch of strangers.

O'Neill was far less interesting than he could have been in his appearance in The Return. Carter has been a horribly dull addition to the cast, and Teal'c didn't seem to fit at all.

I've rarely seen crossovers that work well. Mostly they serve as a novelty, or as a walk down memory lane for characters from a dead show.
                          see I totally disagree with you. I thought Jack was great in The Return, Carter's been a very good leader und and they used her well. also TPP was a very cool ep imo aswell as Midway. I had a lot of fun watching Teal'c and Ronon and I'm really looking forward to the mid-season two-parter in s5 and Daniel's appearance
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Killjoy_Zero View Post
                            When the idea of an Atlantis SG-1 crossover comes up I have but one thought.

Two hour TV movie involving both crews, galaxies, locations, all that. I was a bit peeved that "The Pegasus Project" wasnt longer or better. If you're going to do a cross-over, you may as well make it a big one.
                            That is pretty much where I now stand on crossovers, if they have to pander to SG-1 fans then they may as well make it a big dam two part-er and do some serious writing, but imho The Return was lackluster, and kind of felt like RDA was walking through his lines *sorry but it did* and TPP although yes big, most of the crossover was not that SGA heavy, McKay aside we hardly saw anyone else from SGA once the meeting ended. They wasted time on a meeting!!!

So do them but do them bloody well. Make it a moment that lasts not just a grab for ratings.

Comment

without input from SG-1 Atlantis would have been destroyed by the Wraith at the end of season 1.

Lets face it Atlantis has hardly had much at all to do with SG-1, the writers have limited alot. Is it realistic for Daniel not to go to atlantis now and then???? Is it realistic for Carter not to want her good friend of Tealc of eleven years to come and visit her on Atlantis. Is it relatis that SG-1 never goes to atlantis and we never get to see me there after so much of SG-1 was about finding it?

This isnt two seperate shows its one franchise.

Comment

My opinion is that Stargate is Stargate, i would like a 2 hour long show every week and i don't care where it takes place, as long as it has the dynamic both shows have, i am happy watching it. And if Walter is in Atlantis and people go all crazy because it is a bit of a cross-over, well it takes place in the stargate universe and well they could have made Atlantis a non human stargate spin-off, but this isn't the case, so sg-1 and atlantis belong in the same universe and they also belong once in a while in the same episode, is my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X