Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All right, this is a big of a logistical problem- but if they do use a permanent timeline change for anything- how are they going to be able to explain that it's a timeline change?

The characters won't know. Everyone's timeline is reset so no one will be able to explain it. Are they just going to put up a big disclaimer at the start of the episode? Find old journal entries? A tape buried in the sand?

I would be mightily ticked off if they erased Carter's year as commander.
    Spoiler for Continuum:
    Spoiler:
    And though Wright did say the "permanent change" was "subtle"- that's in the movie. What if it isn't so subtle on Atlantis?

But I'd like another kind of AU or timeline change episode- I just don't want it to come from the movie, because that's permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
      Weir was just an example of how they could use it as an in-universe excuse for different inconsistency and problems.
      ok I guess I misread your post

Another could be McKay and Brown didnt break up etc. or Woolsey has hair or Heightmeyer being alive etc. They can use it as a cop out for any change they made and just say, well the timeline changed and this small thing happened.
      that's true however I doubt it will have anything to do with Atlantis since it's more of an SG-1 movie

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      All right, this is a big of a logistical problem- but if they do use a permanent timeline change for anything- how are they going to be able to explain that it's a timeline change?

The characters won't know. Everyone's timeline is reset so no one will be able to explain it. Are they just going to put up a big disclaimer at the start of the episode? Find old journal entries? A tape buried in the sand?
      maybe only the viewers will know

I would be mightily ticked off if they erased Carter's year as commander.

you're not the only one! however I can't believe TBTB would even consider doing that. also Joe confirmed that certain arcs will be continued in s5, they wouldn't be able to do that if events during s4 never happened
      Spoiler for Continuum:
      Spoiler:
      And though Wright did say the "permanent change" was "subtle"- that's in the movie. What if it isn't so subtle on Atlantis?
      Spoiler:
      I don't think they even considered what the slight change could mean for Atlantis, it's an SG-1 movie after all

But I'd like another kind of AU or timeline change episode- I just don't want it to come from the movie, because that's permanent.
      I'm ok with an AT ep that has no connection with Continuum
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Jumper One

It may be an SG-1 movie, but they're using it to do something with Carter, and that's got to do with Atlantis. I don't trust 'em.

Comment

Jumper One

It may be an SG-1 movie, but they're using it to do something with Carter, and that's got to do with Atlantis. I don't trust 'em.
          oh you're absolutely right, this will certainly affect Sam somehow but I don't believe she will step down as base commander due to a change in the timeline. and regarding the rest of my post, I meant the outcome of Continuum won't affect the Atlantis expedition. Sam yes but it won't have an effect on any major event in the PG imo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            well I seriously doubt this might happen. TBTB wouldn't just erase an entire season. but hey if you think about it: the Asurans would still be there, there'd be no baby, Midway wouldn't have been destroyed etc nah I don't believe it
            Yes they are not that stupid.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                I agree they wouldn't be stupid enough to erase the entire season, but I wouldn't put it past them to use it as an excuse to change things.
                sigpic

Comment

I agree they wouldn't be stupid enough to erase the entire season, but I wouldn't put it past them to use it as an excuse to change things.
                  That assumes they believe there is something to change.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think something may change that will affect Sam. only her though, not
                    Atalntis itself or the rest of the expedition. that's definitely possible imo however I don't think it'll be anything major like a reason to leave the base
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X