Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Furlings are a great concept, this missing fourth Great Race. After '200' and their 'introduction', I don't think tptb will bring them back. But I live in hope that it's done and done well.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by wraith form Replicator View Post
      Furlings are dead and never coming back, deal with it.
      Blasphemers!!!!!!
      That is not dead which can eternally lie, and, with strange eons, even death may die!
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Yeah, but truly bad civilizations don't last that long. They turn on themselves.
        but there could be two sides like the ori and the ancients so then hey could last for quite some time...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
          Well, no. But the best bet would be that it belongs to the new alien race that is to be introduced in season 5. I doubt they're Furlings, but...

As for the OP...I can see them changing their names:

Huge ship arrives in orbit around the planet Atlantis is on.
          Sheppard: What the...?
          Alien: We are the glux'clau.
          Ronon:.......
          Glux'clau alien: *sigh* Blig'gla, I told you this is a stupid name. I mean, "glux'clau"?!
          Blig'gla: We were known as the Furlings once...
          McKay: Wait...THE Furlings? Part of the alliance of four races in the Milky Way? That's amazing. But...why'd you change your name?
          Glux'clau alien: Ugh...Several months ago, we recieved a video signal coming from the Milky Way galaxy...Earth to be more exact. What we saw convinced us to change our name to something more...menacing. "Glux'clau"...*sigh* For cryin' out loud...
          McKay: Really? What signal?
          Glux'clau alien: Return of the Jedi.
          hahahaha that was awesome..

on that note however the Furlings could be more like Wookies than Ewoks one would hope.. if they did indeed have fur which is obviously not necessarily true just because of their name. I do kind of like having this mystery there though, I wouldn't mind them finding out more about them, perhaps some ruins, old tech left behind, some kind of story to explain where they went, if they died off..etc.. but actually meeting them would remove alot of what makes them interesting. thats just me though.

Comment

If they are introduced, I hope they will be anything BUT furry or fluffy. Make them look reptilian or something like those dudes from V.

Comment

The furlings should be saved as an ace in the hole. Wait till fandom needs a shot in the pants to rile up them up.

announcer voice "For 13 years weve wondered who they were, where they came from and what sort of Unspeakable Nightmares could have erased almost every trace of them... coming this fall from SCIFI.... STARGATE:FURLINGS, learn the truth. BUM BUM BUM <picture of planet exploding>"

^.^

Comment

Ehat they should do is give some clues to the furlings in an ep or two in season 5 and later down the line to 6 or 7 or when they hit season 34 address the Furlings!

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

The Furlings
                  sigpic
                  Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Working...
                  X