Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As per Carson it would seem they are writing him back into the show. It seems like it will not be like " here are a couple of eps with Carson and then never to be heard from again." I think they will have some nice focused eps on the Scottish Doctor and will likely double his role for season 6 if they get the renewal.
    sigpic

Comment

A benefit will be that he won't seem as forced as he was in S2 and S3.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        A benefit will be that he won't seem as forced as he was in S2 and S3.
        I agree. However 5 eps is sorta under what I was hoping for. But a healty 7 or 8 would be perfect as long as he is a main part of the episode and story. "The Kindred Part 2" being a perfect example. I can name a lot of eps in Season's 1 through 3, where he was sorta forced into the episode. One example, Irresponsible? What was Carson's point of being there? To test if Lucius was on the drug? I mean anyone could of done that.

It also makes me realize how much Weir was forced into the episodes. She had some great eps, but some were just forced. I think Season 4 has been a great season because they truly utilized the characters better. You had Harmony where there was no Ronon or Teyla, or even Carter. So it made you anticpate seeing these characters more for the next episode. Funny how the next episode was Ronon and Sheppard, with no Mckay, well 20 secs of Mckay. Then there was Trio, which was Mckay, Carter, and Keller all the way and no Sheppard except for a small scene.

I do hope Season 5 goes back to more eps with the 4 member team with a possible 5th member with either Carson or Keller. I liked the duo or trio eps, but I also love when the team is together.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
          I agree, so far Michael has to be one of the best badguys ever in stargate... I would like to see him carry on into S6 *if it comes to pass* but like you said if he has to die this season then his death should be epic
          Agreed though I much prefer him not dieing.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i really don't care how many episodes he's(beckett) in 5 or more'll do it, i missed 'im. i dont think he'll be back for good, because Keller is now going to be a regular...but seeing Beckett back is good for now

Comment

Originally posted by Beckett(: View Post
              i really don't care how many episodes he's(beckett) in 5 or more'll do it, i missed 'im. i dont think he'll be back for good, because Keller is now going to be a regular...but seeing Beckett back is good for now
              Yup, I expect the 5 eps with Beckett in to use that character quite well... so he wont be there as wallpaper or to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                As per Carson it would seem they are writing him back into the show. It seems like it will not be like " here are a couple of eps with Carson and then never to be heard from again." I think they will have some nice focused eps on the Scottish Doctor and will likely double his role for season 6 if they get the renewal.
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

WOOHOO FOR BECKETT!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    I agree. However 5 eps is sorta under what I was hoping for. But a healty 7 or 8 would be perfect as long as he is a main part of the episode and story. "The Kindred Part 2" being a perfect example. I can name a lot of eps in Season's 1 through 3, where he was sorta forced into the episode. One example, Irresponsible? What was Carson's point of being there? To test if Lucius was on the drug? I mean anyone could of done that.

It also makes me realize how much Weir was forced into the episodes. She had some great eps, but some were just forced. I think Season 4 has been a great season because they truly utilized the characters better. You had Harmony where there was no Ronon or Teyla, or even Carter. So it made you anticpate seeing these characters more for the next episode. Funny how the next episode was Ronon and Sheppard, with no Mckay, well 20 secs of Mckay. Then there was Trio, which was Mckay, Carter, and Keller all the way and no Sheppard except for a small scene.

I do hope Season 5 goes back to more eps with the 4 member team with a possible 5th member with either Carson or Keller. I liked the duo or trio eps, but I also love when the team is together.
                    The Doctor being a main part of 7 or 8 stories would kill SGA. Him being a major part in 2, and having minor minor roles in 5 or 6 more would be fine.

Comment

I really hope they don't make the same mistake with Keller that they did with Beckett. To me, Dr. Fraiser was the best written Stargate doctor.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I really hope they don't make the same mistake with Keller that they did with Beckett. To me, Dr. Fraiser was the best written Stargate doctor.
                        Agreed

Comment

DOCTOR FRAISER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beckett(: View Post
                            DOCTOR FRAISER!!!
                            Yeah that was a very sad ep...

Comment

I watching Season 5 of SG-1 right now, Meridian is a very sad episode
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I have to agree about Frasier, but Beckett is a close 2nd.

I think the worst doctor was Dr. Lam.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X