This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
    They could even alter the lyrics in the song and dance to fit Stargate. For instance, "Girl, I can do you more than any ghoul would dare try" could be changed to "Girl, I can do you more than any Goa'uld would dare try".
    LOL

Now I'm just waiting for someone to actually make a music vid of 'Whispers' to 'Thriller', what a way to butcher the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
      That would be evil and twisted.

They could even alter the lyrics in the song and dance to fit Stargate. For instance, "Girl, I can do you more than any ghoul would dare try" could be changed to "Girl, I can do you more than any Goa'uld would dare try".
      or Wraith
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

LOL

Now I'm just waiting for someone to actually make a music vid of 'Whispers' to 'Thriller', what a way to butcher the episode.
        Well if you take out the singing and dancing being cornered by creatures with blood dripping out of their mouths would have been very creepy and probably wouldn't butcher the episode. Though yeah I hope someone does make a "Whispers Thriller" or "Michael Jackson's Whispers" YouTube video.

Comment

Well if you take out the singing and dancing being cornered by creatures with blood dripping out of their mouths would have been very creepy and probably wouldn't butcher the episode. Though yeah I hope someone does make a "Whispers Thriller" or "Michael Jackson's Whispers" YouTube video.
          It would be funny to see anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            or Wraith
            Well the thing is that the common Earth mispronunciation of "Goa'uld" is "Ghould".

Comment

It would be funny to see anyway.

Comment

Well the thing is that the common Earth mispronunciation of "Goa'uld" is "Ghould".

true but this is Atlantis
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  true but this is Atlantis
                  Well I guess SG-1 needed a horror ep then.

Comment

What about Nightwalkers
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah that would have been cool.

Comment

LOL awesome idea
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          What about Nightwalkers
                          Now that is a "meh" ep. Just barely watchable the only saving grace is Jonas and Teal'c.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

LOL

Please don't give them ideas.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Hmm not me too hardcore for me. I prefer singers that don't scream their songs. No offense.
                              To each his own.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I've re-watched 'Whispers' and it is a lot better on a second watch.
                                Spoiler:
                                I still think Dusty was the best character in this ep, Porter really had that cute doctor thing going on and her reaction to the "sock on the door" comment was great , the Grudge-zombie hybrids were cool and definitely had a scary side to them, the fog just added to their creepiness and was a good plot device I thought helping the hybrids to hunt and blinding their prey, when the pod opened an the fog started coming out with the background music playing that reminded me of a zombie movie where the graveyard fills with fog and the zombies rise from the grave ('The Return of the living Dead'), didn't like Teldy and doubt I ever will, 'best and brightest' was the reason for the all female team or was it that she (as leader) thought that an all woman team would be superior?

Even though a lot of the horror / jumpy scenes were cliche of the genre I think they worked in the episode and it did have a sense of danger to it, shame the one and only redshirt was a meaningless death as I saw it and yet with how vicious the hybrids were another death would have served the episode in any one of a few scenes later on IMO. The 'are they / aren't they alive' moments were good and kept the sense of wonder as to who will survive the ep, that could have easily been over done if it had been played a couple of times more but as it is I think that was cool, really liked the hybrid climbing up the well and didn't mind the clear Grudge-like resemblance of that or the sound the hybrids made, 'The Grudge' is a cool movie and I think if it was the inspiration it was used in a good way, the well itself did remind me of 'The Ring' but I haven't seen it in a while so any other connections I've probably missed.

Overall 'Whispers' had some good concepts and story put into it, some nice character moments like Carson and Porter flirting, Dusty's reaction and comment to it "I just read something funny... and really obvious".

Maybe the ep will score higher when I've seen a few more episodes of S5 and then re-watch this but right now it scores slightly above average.

Comment

Working...
                                X