• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    This is true
    yes yes rub it in

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    Oh I didn't realise people weren't allowed/able to communicate without it turning into a bickering match.
    Well usually it starts out as as friendly deabte and ends up a free for all That's why alot of folks don't get involved in certain threads
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
      Yup.

LOL, check my last post.
      ahh ok, you are off the hook then. I sent you a PM.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      They can't

They can read though.
      sigpic

Comment

They can't

hehe yeah i know but i just couldn't resist it....It was just crying out for that reply I know,i'm weak
        I was going to say 'Donkey' but that wouldn't have been on topic.

Comment

Well usually it starts out as as friendly deabte and ends up a free for all That's why alot of folks don't get involved in certain threads

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          ahh ok, you are off the hook then. I sent you a PM.
          Cool, thanks... Interesting.

They can read though.
          Amongst quite a few other things.

Comment

Cool, thanks... Interesting.

Among quite a few other things.
            It goes back to the old saying. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
            sigpic

Comment

Comment

yes yes rub it in Well usually it starts out as as friendly deabte and ends up a free for all That's why alot of folks don't get involved in certain threads
                It depends who is involved who the debate. We all know who the trolls are and what posters think their word is law. Once that happens I walk away. Your (not Linda, the trolls) not worth my time
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

It depends who is involved who the debate. We all know who the trolls are and what posters think their word is law. Once that happens I walk away. Your (not Linda, the trolls) not worth my time

Yeah i don't mind having a descussion with anyone but as soon as someone starts ramming it down my throat and saying their right and i'm wrong that's what gets me

I tried saying on numerous occasions that we all see what we want to see but some can't accept that for some reason *shrugs*
                  sigpic

Comment

Flying monkeys.
                    monkeys? what about pigs?

This is true
                    haha I sooo expected you to say that

LOL that's what they keep saying in the Enemy at the Gates thread
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      monkeys? what about pigs?

haha I sooo expected you to say that

LOL that's what they keep saying in the Enemy at the Gates thread
                      I have not read any spoilers, and I think i am going to stay away for the time being. I really have no idea about the next several eps, and plan to stay that way. I enjoy the eps more when I am surprised.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's unlikely to happen now as the arc looks to be finished with, though you never know about Weir and if she'll be brought back.
                        MM can someday come back again if it's a GOOD episode.

I liked GitM very much. Maybe because I didn't tend to keep up with all the spoilers, and I didn't watch the previews, this time?

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                        Given the tendency for people to escape ice worlds, time dilation fields and orbital bombardment in Stargate it's possible we'll see Weir again. Of course if TH continues to turn down opportunities to come back then I agree that it's still unlikely.
                        I don't think they'd consider TH again, especially not now that they have found such a replacement.

I don't think Fran's body will suddenly have the ability to turn into Weirs', after the events of GitM. That would be no continuation at all.

I think their is a good chance MM will play Weir again but their is a slim to none chance TH will reappear as Weir
                        My thoughts exactly, Jelly!

I'm interested to find out what intel Weir uploaded into the city database.
                        I kind 'o think the next episode should start with Rodney reading up on things? That would be great for continuation as it's the logical next step...

Maybe we'll/he'll have read up on the bad guys from FC/TLT before the ep, and that's how they'll be 'pushed back' easily before the end of the episodes?

I was hoping for something more final in 'Ghost in the Machine' but as things are now that could be the end of it.
                        Maybe season 7? Lol.

I think Ronon is the closest to '2D' but even he has had some development and past history revealed.
                        Bummer there's not always continuation on that... Meaning that I think it wouldn't be a bad thing if he got an extra line here and there, same for Teyla. She's had more luck this season, so far, with her Woolsey and Kanaan scenes, but that's not really true for Ronon, just yet.

BT had nice Ronon scenes, but they could do more with his character, no?

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                        Yeah. Though I still don't get why they waste their time watching a show they don't like or reading and posting on the Gateworld forum. Just sounds really stupid to me.
                        Same to me.

Urm, what does that mean?
                        *g* = *grin* to the best of my knowledge.

Colorful way of putting it, but I do agree.

Oh, I should probably say that I didn't trick the language filters, but that I put the *-thingies in there, myself.

Well Keller is in 15 eps this season and in a couple at least she's going to have a good sized role, 'Tracker', 'Brain Storm' and 'Identity' to mention a few.
                        That can't 'judge before you see' is a bit excessive, I look at spoilers and decide whether an ep looks good or could be awesome, just wondering though, how is Keller a key part of the episode in 'Brain Storm'? 'Identity' I can understand but then that does look like it could be a good ep.
                        Well, sometimes people tend to focus on things that are so out of proportion for the time they'll take in the actual episode...

Though I must admit that I didn't like reading what I read for "Identity", I might have even made a post or more about it in the thread, but after that it's kinda done for me, and further bashing isn't necessary, it's just to get you first doubts out of you, and then you just have to flip a switch and say that you'll make the best of it, and that you'll judge further when you've seen the ep. All is probably taken so much out of proportion... It's not healthy, and probably not worth all the fuss, either.

McKay and Keller's relationship built up over a couple of weeks on the Daedalus heading back to Earth, no relationship just happens and I don't thing TPTB have missed that is how S5 looks like it's going to play out.
                        Yeah, I think so too. And that's okay for me.

No, I believe they are full time Shep whumpers... jelgate on the other hand.

It gave away the event yeah but not the plot, so after seeing the ep I'm not too bothered by that.
                        Well, that's my 'you should only tell things about the first few minutes of an episode in a trailer, not about the other thirty, too', so...

I think Michael should be dealt with before the show ends or in a movie, as cool as he is as a badguy, Michael cannot be left to start again and at this point that is all he will do, beat him back and he'll get up and try again.
                        It's probably hoping for too much to have someone knock some sense into him, right?

Still, I'd love for him to succeed into parts of his plan that was shown in TLM. I hope they have the guts to partially follow on it,
                        Spoiler:
                        and that means that for me, Torren should get taken by Michael in The Prodigal.

'Dude, Where's My Hive' that would make a funny spoof movie.

If you are unhappy with the amount of anti comments then you should strike up a discussion with them and put your point across.
                        And then they **** on your opinion again, and blah blah blah same old same old pointless conversation happens again and again and again...

See? Back at the beginning.

I'm just trying to say that what used to be a fun event for me is now being ruined by 'their continued opinion about a character they have seen very little about by this point'. And with that I mean her growth.

And I just find that a sad thing, because I'm here to be entertained, to enjoy a program, and doing my best to not let things that I don't fully agree with ruin the experience for me. That's all, really.
                        Last edited by GoSpikey; 18 August 2008, 11:30 AM.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Holy Long Posts, Batman!

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                          I don't think Fran's body will suddenly have the ability to turn into Weirs', after the events of GitM. That would be no continuation at all.
                          Well, they were talking about recreating Weir's body with Nannites then transferring Wier from her copy of FRAn to the new Weir... that's one way to do it. All depends on if TH wants to come back at some point in the future, and if TPTB feel like continuing this story in any way, shape, or form

I kind 'o think the next episode should start with Rodney reading up on things? That would be great for continuation as it's the logical next step...

Maybe we'll/he'll have read up on the bad guys from FC/TLT before the ep, and that's how they'll be 'pushed back' easily before the end of the episodes?
                          Aye... that makes sense. Woolsey sending some of this info back to earth, Daniel poring over it and finding something that reminds him of something he read a while back. Continuity nods people! Makes the fans happy

Originally posted by =GoSpikey View Post
                          Well, sometimes people tend to focus on things that are so out of proportion for the time they'll take in the actual episode...

Though I must admit that I didn't like reading what I read for "Identity", I might have even made a post or more about it in the thread, but after that it's kinda done for me, and further bashing isn't necessary, it's just to get you first doubts out of you, and then you just have to flip a switch and say that you'll make the best of it, and that you'll judge further when you've seen the ep. All is probably taken so much out of proportion... It's not healthy, and probably not worth all the fuss, either.
                          Agreed, I felt the same way. At least it's not a Lucius episode, eh?

Besides, I was pleasantly surprised by Harmony last year, this episode could very well do the same.

Originally posted by =GoSpikey View Post
                          Still, I'd love for him to succeed into parts of his plan that was shown in TLM. I hope they have the guts to partially follow on it,
                          Spoiler:
                          and that means that for me, Torren should get taken by Michael in The Prodigal.
                          Well, if we want an SG-1 anology, Mikey is Anubis... which means that no matter how many times we kick his arse, he's gonna find another way to come back and haunt us. I don't think we'll be seeing the end of Mikey until they're ready to wrap up the show

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                          Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Lol, sorry about the long posts. I went away for like 3 days, man...

And yeah, not a Lucius episode, phew! The second one wasn't nearly as bad as the first, but I'd prefer not seeing him ever again. Ever.

Oh, I didn't see Harmony but a few weeks ago, and I actually liked it! It was a filler, but there were fun moments in it... I liked the girl getting away with stealing the candy, etc, and loved the reference to the Ancient tech in it.

I rewatched about all SG-1 eps in the past few months, and I actually though that they just pasted Fifth's dialogs behind Michael's name, sometimes. Especially the ep where Fifth made Sam think they were a happy couple living in a nice house in the middle of nowhere.

I do hope they'll keep him around for some time, still, as long as they can do original things with him. Same for Todd.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Oh I didn't realise people weren't allowed/able to communicate without it turning into a bickering match.
                              TBH this is the first fan forum I have been to where fans make a point of alienating or trying very hard to alienate everyone they disagree with. It's like having a political debate when all the participants are either very liberal or very conservative.

*g* = *grin* to the best of my knowledge.
                              Oh, thanks. *g*

Comment

I honestly think Mikey is reaching his last leg as a villian. I may be wrong but I think he will be killed of soon.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X