This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    We did a poll on SCI FI for best season opener, and it was interesting The pilot, Season 2, and Season 4 and Season 5 were all pretty neck and neck. Season 3's "No Man's Land" had the lowest count by far.
    Cool, there's diversity in the season openers so I'm not surprised by the results, each one has it's strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
      Cool, there's diversity in the season openers so I'm not surprised by the results, each one has it's strengths.
      Here were those results...

Which would you consider as the best premiere to date?
      Series premiere "Rising" [ 16 ] [23.88%]
      Season 2 Premiere "Seige part 3" [ 18 ] [26.87%]
      Season 3 Premiere "No Man's Land" [ 4 ] [5.97%]
      Season 4 Premiere "Adrift" [ 15 ] [22.39%]
      Season 5 premiere "Search and Rescue" [ 14 ] [20.90%]
      sigpic

Comment

That doesn't surprise me. No Man's Land to me is the weakest premiere
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I can understand why 'The Siege III' scores high, IMO that was one of the highest points of S2.

Comment

Well i just think Adrift was way too slow for my liking....I was bored watching it,even with Weir's predicament!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Well i just think Adrift was way too slow for my liking....I was bored watching it,even with Weir's predicament!
              Spoiler:
              I actually really liked the premiere for season four - but 'Search & Rescue' is so much better - on the one had it is more of a season four finale episode, as it ties off everything from season four pretty well, yet, sets up season five with the departure of Samantha Carter and the ever so soon arrival of Woosley. I liked the story of John wanting to save Teyla, with the back story of him not being able to save Ford - McKay helping Teyla give birth was very unexpected - I figured that with Dr Jen. Keller being a regular this year she would have helped bring Teyla's baby into the world. There was a lot of nice character moments as well, so hopefully, it S&R is anything to go by, then Season 5 good be the best season yet. The bigest compliment I can give season five so far is that they have sucessfully moved Teyla's arc on very well, and one can only guess what twists and turns will happen this season.

Comment

Originally posted by mckay's momma View Post
                Spoiler:
                I actually really liked the premiere for season four - but 'Search & Rescue' is so much better - on the one had it is more of a season four finale episode, as it ties off everything from season four pretty well, yet, sets up season five with the departure of Samantha Carter and the ever so soon arrival of Woosley. I liked the story of John wanting to save Teyla, with the back story of him not being able to save Ford - McKay helping Teyla give birth was very unexpected - I figured that with Dr Jen. Keller being a regular this year she would have helped bring Teyla's baby into the world. There was a lot of nice character moments as well, so hopefully, it S&R is anything to go by, then Season 5 good be the best season yet. The bigest compliment I can give season five so far is that they have sucessfully moved Teyla's arc on very well, and one can only guess what twists and turns will happen this season.
                I'm more of an action and angsty kinda girl Everyone has different tastes so i guess not everyone is gonna like Adrift just like not everyone is gonna like S & R

The Teyla/Rodney scene is one of my fave scenes of the ep...It was pretty funny and his face was priceless

I didn't like S4 Rodney at all but if this is the Rodney we got in S5,the one we got in S & R then i might just start to like him again...I hope he doesn't revert back to S4 Rodney....

I don't want Teyla's baby and this whole thing with Kanaan taking up most of S5,the sooner they finish with this arc the better IMO And i can get my kickass Teyla back I don't want domesticated Teyla

But the way Sam got the heave was rather brutal...She deserved so much better than that....I'm gonna miss Sam...

Anywho if the rest of the season is as good as S & R then it is gonna be the best season to date
                sigpic

Comment

Adrift was a great opener because of the drama with Weir. That was very powerful. Everything else was interesting but not as excited as the well hence The "Search and Rescue". Sheppard's situation was the drama that we got in Adrift. So the payoff was good, but I felt we got even more excitement with "S&R".
                  yup well said

interesting results. seems as if people enjoyed S&R

But the way Sam got the heave was rather brutal...She deserved so much better than that....
                  true but I thought it was ok. this was a political decision. the IOA thought they needed Sam in Reunion to handle the threats in the PG but the replicators are gone and the Wraith numbers have been severely reduced due their war with the Asurans. their decision to replace Sam kinda makes sense. not that I like it but hey they're in charge

I'm gonna miss Sam...
                  me too!

Anywho if the rest of the season is as good as S & R then it is gonna be the best season to date
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

So what do you guys think about Ford returning? Do you think they might have another ep with him down the road? It would seem Rainbow was on set, so anything is possible.
                    sigpic

Comment

So what do you guys think about Ford returning? Do you think they might have another ep with him down the road? It would seem Rainbow was on set, so anything is possible.
                      hm I'm not sure. yes he appeared in S&R but Joe also said that TBTB have no intention to revisit the Ford storyline. I guess it's possible but still very unlikely imo
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        hm I'm not sure. yes he appeared in S&R but Joe also said that TBTB have no intention to revisit the Ford storyline. I guess it's possible but still very unlikely imo
                        Joe could of also said that to throw people off before the Cameo happened.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the chances have gone up for Ford's story to be resolved but it all depends on S6, RSF availability and TPTB's willingness to give some closure to the character... I hope fan response to Ford's appearance in 'S&R' gets TPTB to consider it because that would be a good thing to conclude IMO.

I thought JM said there was no plans to revisit Ford's story 'in S5'?

Comment

true but I thought it was ok. this was a political decision. the IOA thought they needed Sam in Reunion to handle the threats in the PG but the replicators are gone and the Wraith numbers have been severely reduced due their war with the Asurans. their decision to replace Sam kinda makes sense. not that I like it but hey they're in charge
                            I understand they had to replace her but the way they done it,right in the gateroom is what i have a problem with!
                            sigpic

Comment

Joe could of also said that to throw people off before the Cameo happened.
                              Yup, but I do remember reading one of his blog posts where JM dismissed Ford returning in S5 (I wouldn't count Sheppard's dream as an actual return) so for this season I doubt Ford will be back, there is always S6 though.

Comment

It was a tad slow but was still an exciting season premire. Persoanlly it doesn't have to be action packed to be a great premiere. Search and Rescue was definitely better though. Personally all the preimere eps were great but in order from best to worst would be
                                Siege III
                                Rising
                                Search and Rescue/Adrift
                                No Mans Land.
                                I actually really loved No Mans Land but compared to the others it is the weakest one.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X