This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I was talking to a mod the other day in regards to that. We should respect people's opinions. Now I am not talking about you or what happened here but what I've seen on other threads. People insist their opinion is fact. That pisses me off. Why? Because, just because you hate the show, and you hate the direction, doesn't mean it's bad writing or the show has gotten bad and Joe M has ruined the show. It makes me laugh that people cannot simply use the words "I think" and "IMO". It's not that hard. Sorry that is just something that gets on my nerves.

Just a little 101 for people..

Opinion

I think Joe M is doing a great job this season.

Opinion posted as a fact

Joe M is doing a great job, there is no doubt, anybody else who disagrees has no idea what they are talking about.
    well, I can't really say what kind of job JM is doing for season 5. We only get his viewpoint, and he's really not going to say "well, just finished shooting epsiode #xxx and it sucked big time." I do take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt as I've read his blogs and posts over the years and he might say "oh, the shippers will love this episode!" but then it airs and the shippers go "where's the ship??!" and his idea of "a lot" could vary greatly from fan perception. So, I'll wait to see the episode before I pass judgement, but since I've already seen Woolsey's uniform, I can pick at it (actually, I'd rather a pack of voracious mutant moths just ate it).

I find it weird when someone says 'in my opinion,' because well, who's opinion would it be if you're writing it?? I don't mind differneces of opinion, but don't care when someone rams their opinion down my throat (as in the show sucks sucks suck or the show is the best thing since cheese whiz; honestly, I can take the naysayers better than the people who , well, worship the show a bit too much...

But, so far, no sign of Lucius Lavin returning, so I take that as a big leap in the right direction
    Last edited by prion; 27 April 2008, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
      Will Carson have freezer burns when he is defrosted?
      well, hmmm. he went in barefoot so they'd notice right away

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        well, I can't really say what kind of job JM is doing for season 5. We only get his viewpoint, and he's really not going to say "well, just finished shooting epsiode #xxx and it sucked big time." I do take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt as I've read his blogs and posts over the years and he might say "oh, the shippers will love this episode!" but then it airs and the shippers go "where's the ship??!" and his idea of "a lot" could vary greatly from fan perception. So, I'll wait to see the episode before I pass judgement, but since I've already seen Woolsey's uniform, I can pick at it (actually, I'd rather a pack of voracious mutant moths just ate it).

I find it weird when someone says 'in my opinion,' because well, who's opinion would it be if you're writing it?? I don't mind differneces of opinion, but don't care when someone rams their opinion down my throat (as in the show sucks sucks suck or the show is the best thing since cheese whiz; honestly, I can take the naysayers better than the people who are like the cultists of Stargate and the show can do no wrong ...

You are right. It is when someone shoves their opinion down your throat as if it was a fact and not an opinion. That does irk me a lot. I also agree about what Joe M says. Well he did say some eps were tear jerkers or powerful, and I felt he was right for Season 4. Eps like "The Last Man" and "Kindred" truly delivered, imo. He said BAMSR would be an epic space battle. Well he was right on the money with that, imo.

Hey Prion, good to see you posting here.
        sigpic

Comment

There goes the shipping chances for Carson. LOL!! OMG I went too far.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh my. Well I did want to say that every concern I had for Season 5 so far has been answered and reassured. But I do have one concern left.
            which is?

Awsome
            yeah I know

sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              which is?

Will there be a guest spot for Brian and Stewie.
              sigpic

Comment

LOL

Comment

someone should ask Joe
                  sigpic

Comment

Well I think Stewie could be there, dunno whether the IOA will let a dog go to Atlantis though

Comment

LOL

Remember Austin Powers?

I can picture Carson being thawed out and him turning to Keller...

Carson: So do you want to shag now or later baby

Keller: (In an offended tone) Excuse me

Carson: I have been frozen for months, I have to see if my twigs and berries are working, Hello lads are you awake..

Sorry, I could not resist.
                      sigpic

Comment

Remember Austin Powers?

Carson: I have been frozen for months, I have to see if my twigs and berries are working, Hello lads are you awake..

OMG!
                        sigpic

Comment

Remember Austin Powers?

LMAO! ...That would be so funny

Comment

You are right. It is when someone shoves their opinion down your throat as if it was a fact and not an opinion. That does irk me a lot. I also agree about what Joe M says. Well he did say some eps were tear jerkers or powerful, and I felt he was right for Season 4. Eps like "The Last Man" and "Kindred" truly delivered, imo. He said BAMSR would be an epic space battle. Well he was right on the money with that, imo.

Hey Prion, good to see you posting here.
                            It's just an aberration, posting here Kidding. I must admit I look more for character development than space battles (which all sorta look the same after a while<G>) I agree on the 'opinion as fact.' seen a lot of it on GW over the years. But I'm still on the fence on season 5 until I actually see it. Sorta like the chef making a pizza and teling you you're going to love it when you haven't had a single taste yet

Comment

It's just an aberration, posting here Kidding. I must admit I look more for character development than space battles (which all sorta look the same after a while<G>) I agree on the 'opinion as fact.' seen a lot of it on GW over the years. But I'm still on the fence on season 5 until I actually see it. Sorta like the chef making a pizza and teling you you're going to love it when you haven't had a single taste yet
                              I had my doubts about Season 4, but I loved it even with one of my favorite characters leaving. I am still cautious with Season 5 but I am also very optimistic as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

I had my doubts about Season 4, but I loved it even with one of my favorite characters leaving. I am still cautious with Season 5 but I am also very optimistic as well.

1norriski writes: “Speaking of Paul/Carson have the odds of him being back for more than 5 episodes increased yet as the back half of the season continues to be discussed? Or will that depend on the fan reaction to having Carson back?”

Answer: The number of Carson appearances will be totally story dependent. At present, 5 seems about right.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X