This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
    ^Indeed Ohh and it's spelled There not Their!
    Please don't edit my posts like that. Use a strike tag
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
      Who is this Jelgate of which you speak? I only know of the jelgate!

Yo! jel! I think you've got a doppleganger
      not more of them!

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Done

Comment

Spoiler:

BOOM!

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
        Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
          I really cannot understand this whole S9 was a reset talk, so just to clear it up...

Would you say season 9 was more:

1) A new turnaround for SG1, change of feel to the show... character changes, change of direction, new enemy etc.

Or,

2) Certain aspects of the story build up in the prevous 8 seasons were erased, kind of like the show was 'reset' to a point in it's past removing some of the set 'continuity' that was built up and present at the end of S8? ('Moebius' not withstanding as that was a reset in itself).
          IMHO Number 1.
          SPOILERS]If it's this second answer then whatever I cannot see it and to me S9 was in now way an actual reset, it might have had that feel to it but no continuity was lost... the Goa'uld were still pretty much defeated and all the events that led upto S9 still had happened and were recognised as to have happened in S9 and 10...
          Spoiler:
          The reason why this irritates me a bit is because I saw it said elsewhere about the last 2 seasons of Stargate and the point was basically:

"SG1 S9-10 are not true to what made stargate great and the show should have ended at S8, too many things changed and it went downhill ruining the series".

...More or less that's what I read, and I completely disagree with it... There was change and it took a while to get used to the new feel to the show but I accepted it and the last two seasons (to me) are part of SG1's saga, they fit in well with the feel of the show and kept the Stargate essence... I will not pick S1-8 over S9-10 or the other way round like some will... to me it's all great with the exception of a few ok eps here and there throughout the whole series.

The way I see it, calling S9 a reset is like saying it took something from the previous seasons and again I cannot see that. RDA left of his own accord, the only real real thing was S8 closed alot of stories like the replicators and the goa'uld as a major threat...

If anything S9 was more a 'Restart', bringing in a new enemy and cast

Sorry but if you haven't aready worked it out, a negative opinion that completely shunned the last two seasons of stargate I read on another site got to me on this perticular subject, facts/truth was twisted to support thier opinion and you might find that sounding familiar
          [/SPOILERS]
          I agree with you 100%.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Is someone grumpy today?

Comment

Hey Mitchell82, did you like my little TMNT tribute in this thread? Just for you buddy!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                Is someone grumpy today?
                Was that suppose to be funny because I'm not laughing. One thing that angers me is when people delete your words and add their own. That and people having no respect for other people opinions.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Since we cannot rebuttle or debate in the Complaints thread, I am going to quote what someone said and post it here. They said "The Shrine" looks to be like a mix of Tao of Mckay and Tabula Rasa. LOL, like that is a bad thing? Those were two great episodes!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Hey Mitchell82, did you like my little TMNT tribute in this thread? Just for you buddy!
                    Yeah I saw it good job.

Comment

Was that suppose to be funny because I'm not laughing. One thing that angers me is when people delete your words and add their own. That and people having no respect for other people opinions.
                      Sorry. I know what you mean I meant no offense.

Comment

Yeah I saw it good job.
                        Makes me want to buy some of the old cartoons and movies. I actually have Volume one of the original TV show. I don't care for the newer series.
                        sigpic

Comment

That and people having no respect for other people opinions.
                          I was talking to a mod the other day in regards to that. We should respect people's opinions. Now I am not talking about you or what happened here but what I've seen on other threads. People insist their opinion is fact. That pisses me off. Why? Because, just because you hate the show, and you hate the direction, doesn't mean it's bad writing or the show has gotten bad and Joe M has ruined the show. It makes me laugh that people cannot simply use the words "I think" and "IMO". It's not that hard. Sorry that is just something that gets on my nerves.

Just a little 101 for people..

Opinion

I think Joe M is doing a great job this season.

Opinion posted as a fact

Joe M is doing a great job, there is no doubt, anybody else who disagrees has no idea what they are talking about.
                          sigpic

Comment

Makes me want to buy some of the old cartoons and movies. I actually have Volume one of the original TV show. I don't care for the newer series.
                            Agreed. I can't stand the newer series.

Comment

I was talking to a mod the other day in regards to that. We should respect people's opinions. Now I am not talking about you or what happened here but what I've seen on other threads. People insist their opinion is fact. That pisses me off. Why? Because, just because you hate the show, and you hate the direction, doesn't mean it's bad writing or the show has gotten bad and Joe M has ruined the show. It makes me laugh that people cannot simply use the words "I think" and "IMO". It's not that hard. Sorry that is just something that gets on my nerves.

Just a little 101 for people..

Opinion

I think Joe M is doing a great job this season.

Opinion posted as a fact

Joe M is doing a great job, there is no doubt, anybody else who disagrees has no idea what they are talking about.
                              Agreed. I am actually sorry I ventured into the Shep and the team thread.

Comment

Agreed. I am actually sorry I ventured into the Shep and the team thread.
                                Posting on SCI FI.com has made me a good debater and keeping things civil. I challenge people, and will rain a lot of postive aspects about the eps, when I feel they will be great. You saw what I've been posting, so that is just the way I post. I think it's also why a certain small faction here hates me. I am just too damn optimistic sometimes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X