• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    where's are the Shep eps?

I was really glad that TH replaced JS
    me to

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

where's are the Shep eps?

I was really glad that TH replaced JS
      Well shep teams up with Carson in "Whispers".
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Well shep teams up with Carson in "Whispers".
        yup. I'm really looking forward to Whispers, not so much because of Shep and Carson though. the new female team sounds very interesting and of course it's supposed to be creepy I'm telling you this will be one of the most anticipated eps of the first half
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

yup. I'm really looking forward to Whispers, not so much because of Shep and Carson though. the new female team sounds very interesting and of course it's supposed to be creepy I'm telling you this will be one of the most anticipated eps of the first half
          'Whispers' looks to be good all round, but it being a horror ep is more interesting to me that the all woman team thing... Yeah that's interesting aswell but it isn't going to be that big in the episode I would imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            IDK I'll never understand how it was a reset to some. And while I loved seasons 9 and 10 yeah it was a reset and a new direction but still great. Season 4 was great as well but not a reset. Really off topic but I'm rewatching one of my favorite movies Armageddon and look who I found in it
            Spoiler:
            Weir sure haas many talents.
            I really cannot understand this whole S9 was a reset talk, so just to clear it up...

Would you say season 9 was more:

1) A new turnaround for SG1, change of feel to the show... character changes, change of direction, new enemy etc.

Or,

2) Certain aspects of the story build up in the prevous 8 seasons were erased, kind of like the show was 'reset' to a point in it's past removing some of the set 'continuity' that was built up and present at the end of S8? ('Moebius' not withstanding as that was a reset in itself).
            Spoiler:
            If it's this second answer then whatever I cannot see it and to me S9 was in now way an actual reset, it might have had that feel to it but no continuity was lost... the Goa'uld were still pretty much defeated and all the events that led upto S9 still had happened and were recognised as to have happened in S9 and 10...
            Spoiler:
            The reason why this irritates me a bit is because I saw it said elsewhere about the last 2 seasons of Stargate and the point was basically:

"SG1 S9-10 are not true to what made stargate great and the show should have ended at S8, too many things changed and it went downhill ruining the series".

...More or less that's what I read, and I completely disagree with it... There was change and it took a while to get used to the new feel to the show but I accepted it and the last two seasons (to me) are part of SG1's saga, they fit in well with the feel of the show and kept the Stargate essence... I will not pick S1-8 over S9-10 or the other way round like some will... to me it's all great with the exception of a few ok eps here and there throughout the whole series.

The way I see it, calling S9 a reset is like saying it took something from the previous seasons and again I cannot see that. RDA left of his own accord, the only real real thing was S8 closed alot of stories like the replicators and the goa'uld as a major threat...

If anything S9 was more a 'Restart', bringing in a new enemy and cast

Sorry but if you haven't aready worked it out, a negative opinion that completely shunned the last two seasons of stargate I read on another site got to me on this perticular subject, facts/truth was twisted to support thier opinion and you might find that sounding familiar

Comment

Didn't Joe say that two of the first 3 eps were Teyla-heavy? I think he did...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                Not sure... I expect Teyla will play a big part in the first couple of eps though

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                  Not sure... I expect Teyla will play a big part in the first couple of eps though
                  Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  I hope so.

I also heard that in the"The Seed"...

Spoiler:
                  Carson is the one who helps save the day, or he does something for them to get the upperhand.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope so.

I also heard that in the"The Seed"...

Spoiler:
                    Carson is the one who helps save the day, or he does something for them to get the upperhand.
                    Yup, the moment Carson's back in the game he's playing a big part

Comment

Yup, the moment Carson's back in the game he's playing a big part
                      Yup, I am anticipating Season 5 alot. I think the 2nd half will be even more anticipated after the outcome of the mid-season finale.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yup, I am anticipating Season 5 alot. I think the 2nd half will be even more anticipated after the outcome of the mid-season finale.
                        Yeah no doubts about that, I'm expecting a really good cliffhanger there

Comment

Yeah no doubts about that, I'm expecting a really good cliffhanger there
                          Cliffhanger?

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Cliffhanger?

Spoiler:
                            LoL...

...not so literal

Comment

LoL...