Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    or a hiatsus thing.

When in doubt blame Linda
    LOL, Linda is our offical Scapegoat.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

I support this nomination. Besides she will forget it in 3 minutes.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

LOL, poor Linda gets so much bashing.
        sigpic

Comment

You know I've been thinking more and more about Stargate Universe. And I really desperately want it to be good. There are really enough things that I don't enjoy on right now. A new sci-fi show i can get into would really do wonders. But I'm still not certain at this point. Info points to be really good and really bad indicators. The trailers are the same. The first one looked kinda good. But the second one made it seem disturbingly like one of those teen dramas, in space. I guess I will try to look positively at it.

*Sigh* Oh It'll probably somehow end up like the latest Star Trek film, where everyone I know of likes it except me. So many things seems to fit that mold lately.

For the record though even if it is very super-duper awesomely good. I'll still be unhappy that they canceled Stargate Atlantis for it. The show still wasn't rightfully finished yet!
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            You know I've been thinking more and more about Stargate Universe. And I really desperately want it to be good. There are really enough things that I don't enjoy on right now. A new sci-fi show i can get into would really do wonders. But I'm still not certain at this point. Info points to be really good and really bad indicators. The trailers are the same. The first one looked kinda good. But the second one made it seem disturbingly like one of those teen dramas, in space. I guess I will try to look positively at it.

*Sigh* Oh It'll probably somehow end up like the latest Star Trek film, where everyone I know of likes it except me. So many things seems to fit that mold lately.

For the record though even if it is very super-duper awesomely good. I'll still be unhappy that they canceled Stargate Atlantis for it. The show still wasn't rightfully finished yet!
            Actually I am predicting a decent amount of folks will not like SGU. I may not be in that group and may really like the show, but I will not lose any sleep over this new show if it is a bomb. When I disect everything, I feel SGA's audience getting older and/or losing younger viewers could of had that final decision for SCI FI to agree with MGM and Brad Wright and co.

I lost a lot of interest in the new series. I am actually really looking forward to Warehouse13 and the new season of Eureka much more than SGU. I actually like some shows that don't always take themselves seriously. Maybe that was one of the flaws with a show like BSG. At least SGA for a good amount of time became very serious and I loved that. Eps like The Shrine, Search and Rescue and The Last Man really brought out how serious the show could be. But then on the other note, SGA still had it's fun which I loved.

As per the SG-1 and SGA movie, at least we have those to look forward to if we are not feeling SGU.
            sigpic

Comment

or a hiatsus thing.

When in doubt blame Linda

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              hey dude what's up? how's the car?

LOL poor Linda
              Yeah the sympathy doesn't quite come across the same with a sticky out tongue guy next to it

The Car is awesome dude.

Yeah pick on the defenceless goldfish

Someone is cruising for a fish battering

LOL, poor Linda gets so much bashing.
              I know Just as well i'm thick skinned

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

I don't see why we should even bother getting into another show....It'll just get cancelled on us at the last minute anyways and on a cliffie so we won't know how it turns out What's the point in watching TV anymore....

Sorry i'm still angry at Primeval being cancelled, it was bad enough TSCC got canned
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Someone is cruising for a fish battering
                I have a nice case of Lobsters if you want to throw them at Jel.

I know Just as well i'm thick skinned
                Well that's good. We know you are a good sport.

I don't see why we should even bother getting into another show....It'll just get cancelled on us at the last minute anyways and on a cliffie so we won't know how it turns out What's the point in watching TV anymore....

Sorry i'm still angry at Primeval being cancelled, it was bad enough TSCC got canned
                Well Family Guy will be around for a long time.
                sigpic

Comment

TV has been like that forever not just recently. Very few shows make it past their first few seasons.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I have a nice case of Lobsters if you want to throw them at Jel.
                    *perks up* *grabs Lobsters*

Well Family Guy will be around for a long time.
                    Maybe I should start watching that then, at least I know it'll be around for a while

TV has been like that forever not just recently. Very few shows make it past their first few seasons.
                    Well when I was at school I didn't really watch that much TV, I was out playing football most of the time with my pals And i've been pretty lucky with The X-Files and SG-1...But lately it seems like every show I start to love gets cancelled, and not just cancelled but cancelled on a cliffhanger It gets to a point where you're scared to start watching a new show for fear of it being axed
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe I should start watching that then, at least I know it'll be around for a while
                      Family Guy has been a hit or miss this past season. They need to go back to their roots and implement new ideas with those classic roots.
                      sigpic

Comment

Family Guy has been a hit or miss this past season. They need to go back to their roots and implement new ideas with those classic roots.
                        I don't watch Family Guy but that seems to be a norm with a lot of TV shows. Over time they tend to venture away from thier roots. Sometimes that is good, sometimes not. Take Stargate. Look at its last few seasons. The storytelling vastly different from the early seasons of SG1. It some ways its better while in other ways its bad.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't watch Family Guy but that seems to be a norm with a lot of TV shows. Over time they tend to venture away from thier roots. Sometimes that is good, sometimes not. Take Stargate. Look at its last few seasons. The storytelling vastly different from the early seasons of SG1. It some ways its better while in other ways its bad.
                          Yup, totally agree with that. Sometimes change is good, and sometimes it is not.
                          sigpic

Comment

After allowing time to go by, and after much discussion, it has been determined by the moderating team that this thread is not salvageable. It will therefore be closed and a new thread, with strict guidelines in place, will be opened entitled

S5: Nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SGA

Please follow the link to read the new guidelines and begin posting in the new thread.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67148
                            Last edited by KatG; 18 June 2009, 10:06 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X