This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    I think the Hudson River is cleaner than his mind.
    The Ganges River is cleaner then my mind
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

At SciFi.com, their schedulebot has been updated with the complete June schedule -- and it appears Stargate Atlantis is returning to the 5pm Weekday Rotation beginning June 29 with season five episodes! Plus -- we get a mini-marathon of SGA season five episodes on June 12!
      Last edited by morjana; 04 May 2009, 01:17 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        At SciFi.com, their schedulebot has been updated with the complete June schedule -- and it appears Stargate Atlantis is returning to the 5pm Weekday Rotation beginning June 29 with season five episodes! Plus -- we get a mini-marathon of SGA season five episodes on June 12!
        Thanks Morjana.

Comment

SGA - MGM Stargate: NEW Video: Finale Visual Effects:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=615

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            SGA - MGM Stargate: NEW Video: Finale Visual Effects:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=615
            Does anyone besides me think this whole mgm video thing is so dumb. I mean really, all she says is, Eatg is a good episode where the wraith find earth and we stop them. Oh, and we had to hear that from rachel(no offense Rachel) to fully grasp the situation.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              Welcome to the 'Season Five: Compliments and Praise 'thread.

To lay out a few ground rules:

This thread, and its mate, 'Season Five 'Complaints and Misgivings'' thread are to be the ONLY season specific limited focus threads. Any other, what we would have termed as general 'pro' or 'anti' threads will not be allowed and will be closed down.

The rules of this thread are simple. This is a 'safety zone' for people to express the stuff they like about season five without feeling like they are being forced to defend those opinions. As such, if you disagree with a post, comments such as 'you stupid idiot, how can you not like this' or 'oh look, more mindless fans' will NOT be tolerated.

ANY AND ALL COMPLIMENTS ABOUT SEASON FIVE ARE ON TOPIC HERE.

Bear in mind, you may be lpraising that Sam is gone, but someone else's praise may be that she's back for a couple of episodes. Both comments are on topic. And both comments MUST be respected and tolerated. We do not want to see things like 'This is only for praise about (one certain aspect/character) go away.' People do not have to justify their praise.

While you are free to talk about any aspect of the SHOW that you like, you are NOT allowed to complain about other fans, other forums or members of the cast and crew.

For example:

'Joe Mallozzi is a twit' is inappropriate.
              'I don't like Joe's writing' is okay.

'I'm glad that Amanda has been gotten rid of' is inappropriate.
              'Thank goodness Sam has been written off the show' is okay.

Characters are not real people, they are fictional representations, therefore are not availed the same protection as real people. I know that, as a fan of a particular character or actor, it can be difficult to see people making unkind remarks about the character; however it is not against the rules, so you must accept it.

Terms like 'TIIC' (the idiots in charge) are not permissible. Anyone making remarks with terms such as this, even hiding it under spoiler tags, will be a candidate for moderation.

If you see a post that is inappropriate, your job, as it is, is to REPORT THE POST or ignore it and move on. It is not your job to police others and there is nothing wrong with using the report post feature.

We will also not tolerate things such as fans spying on fans. Can we stop you from spying? No. But we can stop you from talking about it. Comments like 'that serves those stupid chuck fans' are inappropriate. It falls under talking about other fans and is not allowed.

To put the rules in a nutshell….express your likes about the show to your hearts' content. But do it while respecting others.

Do not disparage another's opinion.
              Do not mock or belittle others.
              Do not call others names.

That stuff is off topic. The topic is 'I like how the show is going', and it will be enforced.

How will we enforce it?

Glad you asked.

We will be using the infraction system. For those of you that have received infractions, until this point in time, we simply used them to communicate issues with posters in a way that allowed us to document the original post, as well as what we say to you in our PM's. The infraction system has a point system linked to it, that, until this point, we've ignored.

But we will be using it now.

Anyone breaking the on topic rules in the Complaints or Compliments thread will be given an infraction. You all know the rules, thus there will not be warnings issued. This post is your warning.

On the rare occasions that we see brand new posters misstepping in the limited focus treads, they will receive ONE warning. This warning does not apply to our current and active members. You folks that have been here for months and years and have hundreds of posts, you know better.

Infraction One: You are 'gagged' for three days. Which means that you will be placed on read only status. You may make posts, but those posts will be held in the mod queue until your three days are over.

Infraction Two: You are gagged for six days and any posts you make while you are gagged will be deleted.

Infraction Three: You are gagged for two weeks and you will be counseled by a member of the mod team. You will discuss with them what the issues are and see what the problem is. This is also the point where the other mods will get involved. We'll discuss this particular poster's issues amongst ourselves and see what we can do to help.

Infraction Four: You are gagged for a month.

Infraction Five:
              You are permantly gagged. If you are found to be creating a sock puppet to circumvent the gagging, it will be banned.

While infractions – to this point – have not been cumulative, in the Complaints or Compliments threads, they WILL be cumulative. Any behavior infractions earned in these threads will never expire.

It does sound harsh, however those of you that have never had a post snipped or deleted, you likely won't notice anything different. Those of you that have gotten to know the mods well, you will need to be making adjustments to your behavior.

These infractions will apply ONLY to the limited focus threads. Thus, if you get gagged for 3 days in a limited focus thread and then get a sig rule violation in another thread, it won't add up to six days of gagging.

However, if we do see people taking their bicker matches out of the limited focus threads and into others, we will react. Talking about other fans behind their backs, calling them names and the like is against the rules of this forum and will be dealt with.

We don't want to lose people. However, over the past several months, the nastiness has gotten so horrible and so pervasive, that we really have no other choice. Posters are welcome as long as they follow the rules, however, out of fairness to the majority of our posters, if posters will not behave and respect others, they will need to find somewhere else to play.
              Thanks SGA, for a amazing final season to a ground breaking show.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                Be nice or I'll take my gift to you away.

*Drool*

If he were just to show Sam that, she might not break his nose anymore.

Question: at what point does BSG become interesting? We had Starbuck falling toward that planet together with that Cylon ship yesterday, but I entirely do not think that show could ever pwn SGA or SG-1... Not at all. Way too action-less and stretched out for that...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  Question: at what point does BSG become interesting? We had Starbuck falling toward that planet together with that Cylon ship yesterday, but I entirely do not think that show could ever pwn SGA or SG-1... Not at all. Way too action-less and stretched out for that...
                  You mean the episode where Starbuck gets a Cylon raider? If you're not finding it interesting by the end of season 1 or beginning of S2 then you might not get into it.

Episodes like 'Daedalus Variations' are more enjoyable for me than the average ep of BSG, with that show being so serialized the story makes more sense if you're really into it or watch a few episodes back to back.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I am still alive, was not banned or suspended, lol. I've been a good boy. I have been so busy with work and whatnot have not had time to really stay and post. I have just grown tired of some of the conversations on the forum as a whole, not this thread but, well you know other threads. Just tired of the broken records with the SGA movie, and I really have lost interest in SGU. Some real life news, I am most likely getting my new Camaro next week, so will be cruising along the open highways in my state. I am not sure how much time I am going to have to stop by with the summer coming near and things being hectic. Just wanted to say I have always enjoyed your conversations here and it has been fun. So talk to you soon.

Best,

B.G.
                    sigpic

Comment

FoXy, that's what I thought. 1 ep a week is way too little to get decently into it. You're supposed to search yourself who the other Cylons are, but with one ep per week at midnight that's rather difficult.

I also enjoy SGA way more than the slower going BSG. Well, it's slow going for me...

I'm finally watching SGA season 4 on DVD (next ep is Quarantine) and I'm also rewatching Buffy season 5.

Bought ST:VOY S1, 2, 4 and 7 on sales from the UK. They have Dutch subs. Gonna get the rest after I watched S1 and 2 too.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I am still alive, was not banned or suspended, lol. I've been a good boy. I have been so busy with work and whatnot have not had time to really stay and post. I have just grown tired of some of the conversations on the forum as a whole, not this thread but, well you know other threads. Just tired of the broken records with the SGA movie, and I really have lost interest in SGU. Some real life news, I am most likely getting my new Camaro next week, so will be cruising along the open highways in my state. I am not sure how much time I am going to have to stop by with the summer coming near and things being hectic. Just wanted to say I have always enjoyed your conversations here and it has been fun. So talk to you soon.

Best,

B.G.
                        THE DOG IS IN DA HOUSE........AND NOW HE'S AWAY AGAIN

FoXy, that's what I thought. 1 ep a week is way too little to get decently into it. You're supposed to search yourself who the other Cylons are, but with one ep per week at midnight that's rather difficult.

I also enjoy SGA way more than the slower going BSG. Well, it's slow going for me...

I'm finally watching SGA season 4 on DVD (next ep is Quarantine) and I'm also rewatching Buffy season 5.

Bought ST:VOY S1, 2, 4 and 7 on sales from the UK. They have Dutch subs. Gonna get the rest after I watched S1 and 2 too.
                        I signed the petition Spikey I hate these blood sports
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

I signed the petition Spikey I hate these blood sports
                          Are you a vegeterian?

I kid. I eat meat and will occasionally hunt stuff like deer or squirrel but when you do that the death is fast and usually merrcifull.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Hey Everyone,

Best,

B.G.
                            The white dog lives.

The identities of the human-form Cylons is revealed throughout the show, but in S3 it moves to 'the final five' and in the second half of S4 (aired as S5) the last of 'the final five' is revealed.

I prefer the episodic nature of Stargate but also other elements of the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Are you a vegeterian?

I kid. I eat meat and will occasionally hunt stuff like deer or squirrel but when you do that the death is fast and usually merrcifull.
                              Actually no i'm not

I don't mind people shooting game for food or to cull them which is sometimes necessary but I hate when they hunt them for so called sport!
                              sigpic

Comment

Wow this place died. So good news with the SGA movie. We got a working title and it seems all the actors are excited to get on board. Was at my SCI FI meeting earlier in the week, and asked about the SGA movie. They said they were good to go and just waiting for MGM. Whatever that means.

BTW...

Who saw Carson last night on 24?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X