X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    New Season 5 opening credits...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQhJDUKxtY

After you watch then click on Spoiler tag...

Spoiler:
    Ron D. Moore is going to be sueing someone!
    I love that. They did a great job.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

If you guys read the complaint thread. I am going to post my rebuttle here..

It doesn't have similar ratings Season 3 and 4. The amount of viewers is similar that is what is important. People have to understand that if the show pulled in a 1.2 average for Season 4, it was like a 1.4 a year and a half ago (Season 3)! What did Season 3 average? Yup a 1.4! This is just for live ratings.

Yes, people don't want to hear this but when you add up the total numbers of Season 3.0 ,3.5, and 4.5, Season 4.5 had the highest Viewer average since Season 2. Whether they count towards revenue is another story.
      *Sigh* So much for laying low in the ratings discussion.
      sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, Brian, most people are incapable of viewing raw statistics as they are. They need to spin it. Those who are disappointed in the show will spin the facts so that they support their view, while you and Gateworld will spin the numbers to support our pro view. You can't help it. Yes, it is very frustrating, but it's important to realize that the numbers are not important. It's the story that you make out of the numbers that count.

Yes, I know this sounds a little disheartening, but it's the way it is.

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
        Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
          Unfortunately, Brian, most people are incapable of viewing raw statistics as they are. They need to spin it. Those who are disappointed in the show will spin the facts so that they support their view, while you and Gateworld will spin the numbers to support our pro view. You can't help it. Yes, it is very frustrating, but it's important to realize that the numbers are not important. It's the story that you make out of the numbers that count.

Yes, I know this sounds a little disheartening, but it's the way it is.

That's the issue Tardis, we are not spinning the numbers. They are in fact better.
          sigpic

Comment

It's a good show... I rather like it. Jack Carter seems to channel the spirit of a certain other Jack with great frequency, or at least that's what it seems like to me...

But yeah, it's a very quirky show. Fun, irreverent... not like most of the other Sci Fi shows on now...

Like So...
            It's funny about Jack Carter. He holds the name of two of my favorite SG characters. Jack O'neill and Sam Carter!
            sigpic

Comment

That's the issue Tardis, we are not spinning the numbers. They are in fact better.
              By our criteria, yes they are. The number of viewers is up, that is a fact. Another fact is that SGA's share of viewers was down earlier in the season (as represented by the lower Neilson ratings).

Both are facts, are they not. You can choose to focus on one or the other (such as you and I do, on the raw number of viewers, which is up, which means that there are more people out there watching Atlantis now then there was in the previous 2 seasons), but the numbers are inherently neutral, and need some spin, some interpretation (even if it is yourself doing the spin) to give them meaning

I'm not disagreeing with you here, Brian. I'm fully behind your ratings crusade (). But other people can and will use the numbers to support their own views, their own agenda, just as you are using them to support yours. And I can't believe I'm getting into a rant on perception and journalistic neutrality here on Gateworld when I'm despising the course in real life...DEAR GOD! I NEED COFFEE!

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

By our criteria, yes they are. The number of viewers is up, that is a fact. Another fact is that SGA's share of viewers was down earlier in the season (as represented by the lower Neilson ratings).

Both are facts, are they not. You can choose to focus on one or the other (such as you and I do, on the raw number of viewers, which is up, which means that there are more people out there watching Atlantis now then there was in the previous 2 seasons), but the numbers are inherently neutral, and need some spin, some interpretation (even if it is yourself doing the spin) to give them meaning

I'm not disagreeing with you here, Brian. I'm fully behind your ratings crusade (). But other people can and will use the numbers to support their own views, their own agenda, just as you are using them to support yours. And I can't believe I'm getting into a rant on perception and journalistic neutrality here on Gateworld when I'm despising the course in real life...DEAR GOD! I NEED COFFEE!
                Well yeah networks are the biggest Spin Doctors. I just like to compare the most recent season half with last season. Since season 4.5 will be looked at in the decision process for a 6th season pickup, not Season 4.0, which I think was a fluke some of those lower ratings.
                sigpic

Comment

Well yeah networks are the biggest Spin Doctors. I just like to compare the most recent season half with last season. Since season 4.5 will be looked at in the decision process for a 6th season pickup, not Season 4.0, which I think was a fluke some of those lower ratings.
                  Agreed. The shows in 4.0 as a whole were excellent, in my opinion. Much more cohesive and driven then the necessary fillers in 4.5 (until, of course, the last 4 episodes, which deserved every point they got)

As for season 6, Brian, you know my response already! BRING IT ON!!!

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

It's funny about Jack Carter. He holds the name of two of my favorite SG characters. Jack O'neill and Sam Carter!
                    I noticed that too. Do you think it was an intentional nod to Stargate? I've always wondered if the creaters of Eureka were fans and it was a tribute. A number of Stargate people have guest starred too, MS and David Nykl come to mind.

EDIT: And maybe I will make it over to the BSG forum tonight, we'll see.
                    Last edited by marielabbott; 11 April 2008, 08:48 AM.

Comment

If you guys read the complaint thread. I am going to post my rebuttle here..

*Sigh* So much for laying low in the ratings discussion.
                      knew u wouldnt last long

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                        I noticed that too. Do you think it was an intentional nod to Stargate? I've always wondered if the creaters of Eureka were fans and it was a tribute. A number of Stargate people have guest starred too, MS and David Nykl come to mind.

EDIT: And maybe I will make it over to the BSG forum tonight, we'll see.
                        Yeah I know they got a lot of guest stars who were on Stargate, so who knows. I think both shows are similar, but SG-1 and SGA is more action /adventure, imo. I would love to see someone like Colin Ferguson(Sheriff Carter) or Salli Richardson (Allison Blake) guest star on Atlantis.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                          knew u wouldnt last long
                          Hey, I do what I have to do. I don't rub the higher numbers in people's faces. I am just trying to prove that SGA is doing better or is doing really good now. It gives the fans like us some reassurance that the show will keep going on strong.

Also, with the people who are looking for the show to fail, it would not matter if the show was pulling in 3.2's and SCI FI's biggest show ever. They will still have their opinion of the show and a ratings point or two will not change their view of the show.

The fans who want the show to go on and still love the show, are more biting their nails because we want the show to continue and we celebrate higher ratings. When they dip we get a little upset. I mean it's just a TV show. Actually, no sorry, it is a fandom to me, I have met some real life friends because of this franchise. I plan to go to conventions this year as well and meet even more people. So it is more than a TV show to me.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh come on, Brian! Don't invalidate my sig!

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Oh come on, Brian! Don't invalidate my sig!
                              Wait, are you saying the Stargate is not real?
                              sigpic

Comment

Wait, are you saying the Stargate is not real?
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X