This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Did you see the most recent article on GW? It would seem that most people loved SGA season 4!
    You can't trust those poll at all. At the same you can't trust the polarizing view of the episode threads. Only episode that are extreme successes (BAMSR) or extreme failures (Irresponisble) can really be judged accurately. Even ratings have their flaws.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      You can't trust those poll at all. At the same you can't trust the polarizing view of the episode threads. Only episode that are extreme successes (BAMSR) or extreme failures (Irresponisble) can really be judged accurately. Even ratings have their flaws.
      I disagree. The SCI FI polls tend to be very similar to what happens on the GW polls. I think they are accurate, but they only make up a small percentage of the total fan base. Ratings are flawed because well they are just flawed period.
      sigpic

Comment

I disagree. The SCI FI polls tend to be very similar to what happens on the GW polls. I think they are accurate, but they only make up a small percentage of the total fan base. Ratings are flawed because well they are just flawed period.
        Polls can be fixed but they are fairly accurate. As per ratings flawed is too generous a word.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Polls can be fixed but they are fairly accurate. As per ratings flawed is too generous a word.
          I think the polls are accurate because, take an episode like "Midway". It did well in ratings, got a postive buzz on the forums, was rated 4 stars by GW, and it did well in the GW and SCI FI polls. I bet if you went to any site the results would be similar.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            Rules? What rules? *runs and hides from mods*

July will officially rock......

July is officially going to be Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
            July 8th - Season 4 of SGA is released on DVD
            July 11th/18th(TBD)- Season 5 of SGA premieres on SCI FI
            July 15th - Season 2 DVD of Eureka will be released
            July 29th - Stargate Continuum is released on DVD
            July 29th - Eureka Season 3 premieres on SCI FI
            woohoo

maybe but did you read the article?
            The first ten episodes averaged a 1.05 rating in the Nielsens, while the final ten averaged a rating of 1.24. [live +sd]

The season finale, "The Last Man," earned the highest rating of the year with a 1.5.

The show premiered with lower numbers than expected, but it quickly became clear that Atlantis -- and the rest of the television landscape -- was suffering from the impact of DVR-delayed viewing. Digital video recorders such as TiVo are now in many more homes than during the 2006-2007 season. SCI FI Channel is among the most DVR'ed networks on television, and Stargate Atlantis is one of the most DVR'ed television shows.

Despite the lower numbers, SCI FI quickly renewed the show for a fifth season. In the months following, Season Four of Atlantis still managed to keep up with Season Three's viewer numbers.
            http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...atings_w.shtml
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think the polls are accurate because, take an episode like "Midway". It did well in ratings, got a postive buzz on the forums, was rated 4 stars by GW, and it did well in the GW and SCI FI polls. I bet if you went to any site the results would be similar.
              Agreed.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Indeed. You only have to adjust the 'adverage' rating to be about an 80, instead of a 65. Not that big of a jump

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

*wonder how long Jumper will take to answer the call*

Comment

I need some pro thoughts. So bad news SGA was not mentioned in SCI FI's 1st quarter press release.

Spoiler:
                    Nope, they were mentioned for their outstanding performance in the big NBCU press release. Oh my!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post

*wonder how long Jumper will take to answer the call*
                      whoa! *cough* 30 mins sorry *cough* thanks dude, it's awesome!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        LOL, you are late.
                        sigpic

Comment

Where is my signal

*is jealous*
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I need some pro thoughts. So bad news SGA was not mentioned in SCI FI's 1st quarter press release.

Spoiler:
                            Nope, they were mentioned for their outstanding performance in the big NBCU press release. Oh my!
                            LoL, well good news then

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            Yeah, I tried several different things.. that one worked out the best so far, it's difficult to manip a jumper without the right background

I think it may be a bit big but resizing wil be easy... 30 minutes, not bad I think I'll add Carter to the pic and see if that speeds up your response time

Comment

LOL, you are late.
                              yeah I know well let's be fair, you've had your signal for quite some time. I still need to adjust
                              sigpic

Comment

LOL, you are late.
                                Yup, maybe adding Carter to the pic will do wonders

Where is my signal

*is jealous*
                                I was thinking of doing you one too... bit short on ideas though, will a prior do?

Comment

Working...
                                X