This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I keep getting reminded by MS that BSG although pulled in the same total viewers as SGA's Season 4 finale, had 30% higher numbers than SGA in the 18 to 49 demo. So bascially folks, only old people watch Atlantis?
    So I'm an Ancient? cool ...That doesn't really makes much sense to me, I thought SGA did quite well within that age range

I truly am getting sick of the ratings talk, I truly need to stop and not give a crap anymore. I just don't want to see Season 5 being the last season. There is so much potential from Season 4 and from what I read for Season 5 to carry many more seasons. The numbers that actually matter are up by 30% from last season. So lets leave it at that.
    If you're really getting sick of it then just drop the whole thing completely, I would ...and I'm sure you know that the facts don't always mean the same to others as they do you... all that should really matter is that you're enjoying the show and can see that it is successful

Why do I continue? Because of people in general, who either distort facts or negative spin the numbers. I am not just talking about GW, but everyone on the internet. Someone on another site forum was saying BSG's ratings were bad for the premiere, I was like WHA? How the Frak can you negative spin a 1.6 with 2.1 million viewers? WTF? We don't know what's good or bad, only the network does. What we do KNOW is that the numbers are a lot better from before. That has to mean something, when they go up.

This is how I feel at the end of the day.......

Spoiler:
    To save giving yourself a headache, just ignore it... I got a bit annoyed the other day, just pointing something out to someone and they completely missed my point, I'm not sure why I bothered now but I thought it was the right thing to do... it's best just to move on if it isn't really effecting you then why should it matter that much, right?

So, I am going to try and stay out of the ratings discussion. If you guys have questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

I just want to praise and anticipate Season 5 oh and enjoy BSG now, instead of pinning it's ratings against SGA's!
    If the whole thing is getting you down then that is a wise choice No doubt you have better things to think about (Pro SGA ) than trying to prove a point... It has already been said by JM that if need be they'll do 40 eps a year again (save cutting SGA short for SG:U) and really comparing SGA to BSG is problematic at best, I've seen it said many times and I agree: a fair amount of people are either more towards one show than the other and a sizable number probably look at the other as complete rubbish... After loosing interest in S3 I did, good thing I decided to give the series another chance really otherwise i'd still think like that....

Best just to sit back, let all that stuff go and enjoy BSG while waiting for S5... It's not that far off now if you think about it and with both BSG and DW airing (at least for me) there is enough to be content with watching until july

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
      Spoiler:
      So I'm an Ancient? cool ...That doesn't really makes much sense to me, I thought SGA did quite well within that age range

If you're really getting sick of it then just drop the whole thing completely, I would ...and I'm sure you know that the facts don't always mean the same to others as they do you... all that should really matter is that you're enjoying the show and can see that it is successful

To save giving yourself a headache, just ignore it... I got a bit annoyed the other day, just pointing something out to someone and they completely missed my point, I'm not sure why I bothered now but I thought it was the right thing to do... it's best just to move on if it isn't really effecting you then why should it matter that much, right?

If the whole thing is getting you down then that is a wise choice No doubt you have better things to think about (Pro SGA ) than trying to prove a point... It has already been said by JM that if need be they'll do 40 eps a year again (save cutting SGA short for SG:U) and really comparing SGA to BSG is problematic at best, I've seen it said many times and I agree: a fair amount of people are either more towards one show than the other and a sizable number probably look at the other as complete rubbish... After loosing interest in S3 I did, good thing I decided to give the series another chance really otherwise i'd still think like that....

Best just to sit back, let all that stuff go and enjoy BSG while waiting for S5... It's not that far off now if you think about it and with both BSG and DW airing (at least for me) there is enough to be content with watching until july
      Dude, the numbers according to that press release are up by 30%! That is huge. That will most likely get our 6th season. People need to chill, seriously. It is just giving me a huge headache, to have to defend the show like this.

Oh and yes you are old, according to the network.
      sigpic

Comment

Anyway, enough of this crap.

Do you guys think they will have an entire new opening credits? I hope they change it all around and not just add the new cast to the same theme.

What do you think?
        sigpic

Comment

Dude, the numbers according to that press release are up by 30%! That is huge. That will most likely get our 6th season. People need to chill, seriously. It is just giving me a huge headache, to have to defend the show like this.
          Yup, I hope so S5 looks so far to be heading in a slightly new direction.. depending on the nature of this new enemy another season at least for that alone would work well for the show... but like you say 30% is huge and that has got to count for something

I don't think we have anything to really worry about anyway

Oh and yes you are old, according to the network.
          Then the war with SCI FI will continue...

Comment

Do you guys think they will have an entire new opening credits? I hope they change it all around and not just add the new cast to the same theme.

What do you think?
            I think changing the opening credits would be good (just update it abit and perhaps make it a little different)... nothing wrong with the old opening sequence but it never hurts to change a few things here and there showing that the series is moving forward... DW S4 has changed the opening music slightly, I like it (actually the music was changed in the last Christmas Special).

..A little change never hurts and could give S5 a more fresh feel to it

Comment

I think changing the opening credits would be good (just update it abit and perhaps make it a little different)... nothing wrong with the old opening sequence but it never hurts to change a few things here and there showing that the series is moving forward... DW S4 has changed the opening music slightly, I like it (actually the music was changed in the last Christmas Special).

..A little change never hurts and could give S5 a more fresh feel to it
              They should never change the music for SGA. They never did for SG-1. They just might need different scenes and different ways of showing the cast. The whole head thing is getting old, imo.

Remember we need fresh and young like the network wants.
              sigpic

Comment

They should never change the music for SGA. They never did for SG-1. They just might need different scenes and different ways of showing the cast. The whole head thing is getting old, imo.
                Indeed, the music is alright IMO but working on the opening scenes and images would be nice

Remember we need fresh and young like the network wants.
                LoL, yup

Comment

Indeed, the music is alright IMO but working on the opening scenes and images would be nice

LoL, yup
                  I wonder when we will start to see promo pics and ads for Season 5. My guess is likely around the end of may to june.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wonder when we will start to see promo pics and ads for Season 5. My guess is likely around the end of may to june.
                    I cannot wait for that, hopefully we'll have a date by then for S5 aswell

...then the countdown can begin

Comment

I cannot wait for that, hopefully we'll have a date by then for S5 aswell

...then the countdown can begin
                      I hope it's when the last few eps of BSG's first half airs. That will be the best time to start airing them.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope it's when the last few eps of BSG's first half airs. That will be the best time to start airing them.
                        Yeah I expect so... I hope we get a date for S5 before that though, I miss counting down

Comment

I posted this on Joe M's blog...

Spoiler:
                          Hi Joe,

Will there be new opening credits for Season 5? When I mean new, will there be a whole new theme, or will it just add Richard’s and Jewel’s name to the credits?

Also, when do you think we will start to see ads/promos for Season 5 on SCI FI ?

On another note, just read a press release on Multichannel news. Atlantis had around a 30% increase from last season in certain demos for Season 4.5, like age 18 to 49, and 25 to 54 yo. Do you think that will increase the chances for a Season 6 pickup?

Thanks!

Squall78

I need some pro thoughts here.
                          sigpic

Comment

What do you think?
                            I think the theme's ok, they don't have to change that. the scenes are getting a bit old so I'd be happy to see something different (and there have been pretty spectacular scenes in s4 )

I hope they've learned from their mistakes. the promo pics for SG-1 s9 and s10 were awful imo, s4 of Atlantis was slightly better

yeah that'd be around may/june
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Hi Joe,

Will there be new opening credits for Season 5? When I mean new, will there be a whole new theme, or will it just add Richard’s and Jewel’s name to the credits?

Also, when do you think we will start to see ads/promos for Season 5 on SCI FI ?

On another note, just read a press release on Multichannel news. Atlantis had around a 30% increase from last season in certain demos for Season 4.5, like age 18 to 49, and 25 to 54 yo. Do you think that will increase the chances for a Season 6 pickup?

Thanks!

Squall78

Cool, I hope he answers it

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Hi Joe,

Thanks!

Squall78

great so I don't have to ask Joe
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X