X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    * raises personal shield with ribbon device *

Did I say something heretic thing?

Jelgate: I thought the stars follows his taste, but I think Infection could have 3. 3 and 1/2 or 4 star. Only the landing animation and death of the red shirt were weak, but we got team scenes with Beckett, Todd and Lorne ; metaplot connected story; good music and some awesome CGI effect. I won't say it is the top what the series could reach, but it was really good and better than "** = average".
    No I was telling Brian to attack Darren

But seriously (yes I can be serious at times contrary to popular belief ) I don't pay much attention to the scores he gives....He did after all give The Prodigal 2 and a half stars and I thought that was the best ep of the entire series....And also he gave The shrine and The lost tribe 4 stars and 3 and a half stars respectively and I thought they were pretty bad eps
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Do you want Brian to be put down?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
        No
        sigpic

Comment

No
          Then you should not push him to attack Darren.

Comment

If I watch an episode, than I give points for such reason:

- story : a stand alone could work if it is original, but I like better the plot related adventures
            - actors : how the character were used and motivated in the plot
            - special effects : sound, music and CGI animations

Ok, I like math, but I never made difficult counts. If I watch an episode, than I always can decide how many point it deserves.

1. - terrible - it never happened in the 15 season
            2. - weak - a so-so episode, what I didn't like and I will re-watch it after months only
            3. - average
            4. - good - it was a very entertaining episode, but something was missing
            5. - perfect - it was the best of the season, where every minutes was a gift

So, if I have to point this season, than I could give:
            5x01 - 5
            5x02 - 4
            5x03 - 4
            5x04 - 5
            5x05 - 5
            5x06 - 5
            5x07 - 2
            5x08 - 5
            5x09 - 3
            5x10 - 5*
            5x11 - 4
            5x12 - 4
            5x13 - 3
            5x14 - 5
            5x15 - 3
            5x16 - 3
            5x17 - 5
            5x18 - 3
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Why does First Contact get an *
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

He didn't??? Ohhh....BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAN......ATTACK...
                LOL, yeah then I'll be banned from GW.........thinks............hmm may not be a bad thing, lol.

But seriously (yes I can be serious at times contrary to popular belief ) I don't pay much attention to the scores he gives....He did after all give The Prodigal 2 and a half stars and I thought that was the best ep of the entire series....And also he gave The shrine and The lost tribe 4 stars and 3 and a half stars respectively and I thought they were pretty bad eps
                There was only one episode I disagree with Darren and I told him straight out. Prodigal should of gotten 3 stars and perhaps even more. It was in a lot of people's top 3 for the season. Some scenes dragged a little, but there were a lot of epic scenes to make up for that one like...

1.) Ronon and Michael fight
                2.) Sheppard and team breaching the gateroom
                3.)Ronon and Woolsey escaping and trying to save Teyla and both get knocked out
                4.) Teyla and Michael in Woolsey's office, some intense drama there

and last and certainly not least..

5.)The fight on the outskirt of Atlantis with Teyla ending Michael's reign with one kick.

LOL, Geez talk about using the Dog analogy there, lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Why does First Contact get an *
                  It means in the Hungarian education system, that it is above the best. Technically it is a "6" on an 1-5 scale. FC had very complex CGI effects, MS as guest star, good story. FC was such episodes (with BAMSR, Crusade, The Quest, WoO, Reckoning-Threads, Rising, Siege and Lost City) which had absolute positive fan reactions in every poll. These episodes could be "DVD films", because they had enough money to make them as a movies (sets, effects, story, actors). Every episode should be similar.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yay! I had a cultural lesson today. I personally use a 10 point system when rating
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, the 1-10 system is better for rating and better than * - **** .

Comment

Then you should not push him to attack Darren.
                        Ok

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        LOL, yeah then I'll be banned from GW.........thinks............hmm may not be a bad thing, lol.

There was only one episode I disagree with Darren and I told him straight out. Prodigal should of gotten 3 stars and perhaps even more. It was in a lot of people's top 3 for the season. Some scenes dragged a little, but there were a lot of epic scenes to make up for that one like...

1.) Ronon and Michael fight
                        2.) Sheppard and team breaching the gateroom
                        3.)Ronon and Woolsey escaping and trying to save Teyla and both get knocked out
                        4.) Teyla and Michael in Woolsey's office, some intense drama there

and last and certainly not least..

5.)The fight on the outskirt of Atlantis with Teyla ending Michael's reign with one kick.

LOL, Geez talk about using the Dog analogy there, lol.
                        But I don't want you to get put down

Me thinks it should have got a 5 for that scene alone
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, the 1-10 system is better for rating and better than * - **** .
                          I liked your ratings for the season. A lot of 5's and 4's !

As per the GW rating system. I always thought it was based on the ep poll, the buzz on the forum, multiple reviews from different sites, and overall fan feedback.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            I liked your ratings for the season. A lot of 5's and 4's !
                            Season 5 is the best in Atlantis's history. And I have to admit this is my second favorite season out of the 15.

First - SG-1 - Season 10
                            Second - Atlantis - Season 5
                            Third - SG-1 - Season 9
                            Fourth - SG-1 - Season 4
                            Fifth - Atlantis - Season 1

If you want to make correct rating, than we should be allowed to give "5" only for 20% of the whole season.

Comment

Season 5 is the best in Atlantis's history. And I have to admit this is my second favorite season out of the 15.

First - SG-1 - Season 10
                              Second - Atlantis - Season 5
                              Third - SG-1 - Season 9
                              Fourth - SG-1 - Season 4
                              Fifth - Atlantis - Season 1

If you want to make correct rating, than we should be allowed to give "5" only for 20% of the whole season.
                              hehe...That's funny cause S9-10 of SG-1 and S5 of SGA are my least favourite
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                For some reason I have this awesome scene from Ghost in the Machine stuck in my head.

Source:GateWorld transcipts
                                yeah I remember the scene. RP said
                                RP: MGM needs another name for the Prime Directive. Like "The Main Thing." I think Woolsey, he knows what "The Main Thing" is. But, I think they very much wanted to see that "all bets are off" light go off in Woolsey's eyes. And that it wasn't going to be just simply opening up the manual and following the code.

GW: -- which you got a taste of last season in "The Seer," the episode where there's sort of this questioning of Carter's command.

RP: Exactly! And what's wonderful about the show that we're doing right now, "Ghost in The Machine," is that the shoe is on the other foot. And I basically take a page from her leadership, and try to create that myself. I try to call a bluff in the same way that she did. And this is not something that's referenced in the script -- but my character's background, I think I'm very much trying to emulate a moment that I witnessed very closely, and almost single-handedly destroyed.

In fact, looking back, that could very well be the moment that Woolsey decided he wanted to be a leader himself. Because he kind of admired the calm and the strength that she had in that moment and thought, "That's appealing. I wonder how I can create that in myself." I certainly didn't have that idea at the time, but looking back, that was a major moment that he witnessed there. And I think a major lesson learned.

So in this episode, "Ghost In The Machine," you'll see him really take his first big step toward his own leadership style.
                                In the intervening one that we haven't spoken about yet -- there's one other one that we haven't talked about ...

GW: "Broken Ties."
                                http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/..._woolsey.shtml

Jack's "wacko" scene in 'Window of Opportunity' is awesome.
                                indeed it is!

hehe....I never tire of seeing that scene of him drawing a face with the mustard and ketchup
                                WoO's an awesome ep

mmmm Jack in his dress blus is very sexy
                                um... if you say so however I'm sure Sam would agree

Oh sweet lord...There he goes again This place is getting very wet

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait aminute...........Did you just say you feel the same way in some of teyla's non-mission outfits??? Are you trying to tell us you wear Teyla's non-mission outfits

Can you tell me how could Darren give only 2 star for Infection?
                                http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s5/index.shtml
                                It was one of the best team episodes in this season.
                                yeah I'd give it at least 3 stars

hehe...That's funny cause S9-10 of SG-1 and S5 of SGA are my least favourite
                                LOL I agree
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X