• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    Just watched Remnants...

Teyla and Ronon: like not there, man!
    Hey Spikey.

I'm glad Keller only had 2 minutes on screen because of that, goes to prove the screentime thing is irrelevant and she is not the character to blame for the underuse of Teyla and Ronon.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
      Don't get your hopes up.
      Oh I learned long ago not to get my hopes up

To be fair it's not just JM but his episodes have been lacking and I don't think too highly of 'Remnants', though it was enjoyable with a few amusing scenes.
      I think JM sucks as showrunner!

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      Just watched Remnants...

Teyla and Ronon: like not there, man!
      Who are they

Hey Spikey.

I'm glad Keller only had 2 minutes on screen because of that, goes to prove the screentime thing is irrelevant and she is not the character to blame for the underuse of Teyla and Ronon.
      Like I said, I blame JM...He just doesn't seem to like Teyla all that much for some reason!
      sigpic

Comment

I sense this is a preview of how Linda will be next week. I'll probably be the same way depending on how much McKeller is shoved down the throat. Kind of like the SG1 days
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Oh I learned long ago not to get my hopes up
          I've got a feeling you'll still be disappointed though.

I think JM sucks as showrunner!
          As a showrunner I think JM paired with PM has done a great job with the series, JM's episodes though haven't been the best.

Like I said, I blame JM...He just doesn't seem to like Teyla all that much for some reason!
          I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB aren't sure of what to do with Teyla and Ronon all the time, look at 'Tracker' and 'The Prodigal' for Ronon, when he's not around Shep the guy has more to do and my theory on that is if Ronon was like that around Shep is would take from his leadership of the team or Shep's role as lead.

Teyla I'm not so sure about, she seems like a character as you say only some writers can write well for, lack of creative direction for her I think that is and focusing on what they know works for the show.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I sense this is a preview of how Linda will be next week. I'll probably be the same way depending on how much McKeller is shoved down the throat. Kind of like the SG1 days
          I'm not too concerned and it's the hysteria that's going around the forum that is giving the episode an even worse look, did 'Tracker' turn out as bad as people were selling it in the opinions to you? I had doubts but at the same time thought the love-triangle wouldn't be that bad and it wasn't (IMO).

Comment

Well at least Ronon and Teyla had more screentime than Keller.

*runs and hides*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

*runs and hides*
              LOL I think those two minutes were well spent and Keller did a good job as CMO no complaints from me there anyway and I'm glad she was actually in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                *nods head* I'm just easing you guys in a bit for next week

I've got a feeling you'll still be disappointed though.
                Oh I have no doubt about that...But one thing though...I think as a Teyla fan our season is already over

As a showrunner I think JM paired with PM has done a great job with the series, JM's episodes though haven't been the best.
                I don't like the direction JM and that other guy has taken SGA, especially this season!

I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB aren't sure of what to do with Teyla and Ronon all the time, look at 'Tracker' and 'The Prodigal' for Ronon, when he's not around Shep the guy has more to do and my theory on that is if Ronon was like that around Shep is would take from his leadership of the team or Shep's role as lead.

Teyla I'm not so sure about, she seems like a character as you say only some writers can write well for, lack of creative direction for her I think that is and focusing on what they know works for the show.
                If they really wanted to they could write for her but all they were interested in was writing for the McShep show most of the time and Teyla and Ronon got left behind.....They should only have been recurring with Shep and McKay as the only main characters!

*runs and hides*
                sigpic

Comment

LOL I think those two minutes were well spent and Keller did a good job as CMO no complaints from me there anyway and I'm glad she was actually in this episode.

Oh I have no doubt about that...But one thing though...I think as a Teyla fan our season is already over

I don't like the direction JM and that other guy has taken SGA, especially this season!

If they really wanted to they could write for her but all they were interested in was writing for the McShep show most of the time and Teyla and Ronon got left behind.....They should only have been recurring with Shep and McKay as the only main characters!

I'm just happy Ronon and Teyla were book-end into the episode. Meaning they were at beginning and the end. Still it would of been nice to see ronon and Teyla do more. But this episode was really focused on Woolsey and Sheppard the most. Which is different than the Mckay and Sheppard focus.
                  sigpic

Comment

So you're going to watch 'Brain Storm' then?

You never know, you might get a good few scenes in upcoming episodes, 'Infection' for one.

Even with episode like 'The Queen' and 'The Prodigal'?

If confronted about it I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB actually said both Teyla and Ronon are considered support characters to Shep & McKay, it looks that way and for the most part I don't have a problem with it but here and there it does look like more could have been given to Teyla or Ronon and it's been proven that they can be put to good use.

Comment

I don't think it's even a matter of not liking certain characters, it's just that they don't know what to write for them. The writers ran out of ideas long time ago and that's why they came up with the Keller character... they couldnt think of anything for the other characters to do... and the only person they can write for is Rodney.. thus bringing us Keller so they can feature more of Rodney and his budding love life....

So it's the same mentality that conjured up Keller that is responsible for the lack of direction of the show.. It's the same lack of imagination to develope their already existing characters that has caused the show to lose it's magic... the writers think more McKay and a relationship for him is what fans want to see.....going as far as giving us entire episodes dedicated to this. Well they couldn't have been more wrong. All they needed to do was to try and give equal screentime and development to the cast they had, and when they occasionally do this, as in Prodigal it's a winning forumula.. but all they suceeded in doing this season is killing off the dynamic that made the show great...

But the sad thing is that all the eps that don't feature Keller or McKeller heavily are the most popular and the writers failed to see that they already had everything under their noses to make a great show.. but mostly it was ignored for the same tired old formula. They ran out of ideas for the McShep show so instead of moving away from characters that had already received enough attention and concentrating on characters that had been largely ignored or underdeveloped, like Sheppard, Teyla and Ronon, we get more of the shallow writing that focuses on the same thing week in and week out.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                        I don't think it's even a matter of not liking certain characters, it's just that they don't know what to write for them. The writers ran out of ideas long time ago and that's why they came up with the Keller character... they couldnt think of anything for the other characters to do... and the only person they can write for is Rodney.. thus bringing us Keller so they can feature more of Rodney and his budding love life....
                        I agree with your premise; I don't think the writers know how to write really developed story lines for Teyla. They didn't really know what to do with Weir either, in my opinion. Never lied her much myself, but I can recognize a lack of quality development for her. Maybe that's why I never liked her. Who knows. I don't much care for Ronon either way, but he's lacked development as well.

As for your conclusion, I don't see how that premise led you to that conclusion. Keller was brought in to replace Carson after he died. She was brought in as a doctor. There were no romantic story lines from the get go. No subtle hints as to shipping - certainly not anymore than there always is amongst characters anyway.

Quarantine was a one off moment and certainly could have been used to develop something serious of the romantic nature, but it clearly wasn't.

I never saw the events of Trio as anything more than friendly banter and then an invite for a friendly drink.

After those two episodes, only TLM used Keller as a part of Rodney's "love life". But that was less a demonstration of his love life as it was a demonstration of the near destruction and subsequent resurrection of the human spirit.

Do the writers only know how to write for Rodney? I think certain episodes in this season would contradict that statement. But I can't argue that he is certainly the most popular character amongst TPTB. I also don't think that Keller was brought in especially for him seeing as how nothing in season 4 demonstrates anything to that effect.

So it's the same mentality that conjured up Keller that is responsible for the lack of direction of the show.. It's the same lack of imagination to develope their already existing characters that has caused the show to lose it's magic... the writers think more McKay and a relationship for him is what fans want to see.....going as far as giving us entire episodes dedicated to this. Well they couldn't have been more wrong. All they needed to do was to try and give equal screentime and development to the cast they had, and when they occasionally do this, as in Prodigal it's a winning forumula.. but all they suceeded in doing this season is killing off the dynamic that made the show great...
                        I realize that this is your opinion and that's fine. You're welcome to it. But if the show's dynamic has been so badly "killed" and the characterizatins so horrible, the season a waste, why are the ratings the highest they've been since season 2?

But the sad thing is that all the eps that don't feature Keller or McKeller heavily are the most popular and the writers failed to see that they already had everything under their noses to make a great show..
                        The Seed and Tracker were the only episodes to feature Keller and I think you'll note that neither of those episodes were hated or badly rated. I think even Tracker surprised some people.

So far, The Shrine has been the only episode to feature McKeller in any way and I think that the general consensus is that that episode was pretty stellar.

I refuse to judge future "McKeller-centric" episodes before they air.

but mostly it was ignored for the same tired old formula. They ran out of ideas for the McShep show so instead of moving away from characters that had already received enough attention and concentrating on characters that had been largely ignored or underdeveloped, like Sheppard, Teyla and Ronon, we get more of the shallow writing that focuses on the same thing week in and week out.
                        Seriously? In what universe has Sheppard been an ignored character?
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't understand it, TPTB are capable of writing great episode such as "Remnats" but also they can create crap like Irr, Trio and Harmony
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            I don't understand it, TPTB are capable of writing great episode such as "Remnats" but also they can create crap like Irr, Trio and Harmony
                            Wow, this is the most I've seen you praising a season. This is why SGA has so much potential and should not be cancelled. SGA in time keeps getting better and better.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow, this is the most I've seen you praising a season. This is why SGA has so much potential and should not be cancelled. SGA in time keeps getting better and better.
                              three times per season....not that much as you think
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                three times per season....not that much as you think
                                LOL, there is hope for you.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X