Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG!!! I got my wish, GHost Plumbers pulled only a 1.5 HH rating for their live special with 2.1 Million viewers....

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_deta...sbesthall.html

This is down a lot from their previous year. Atlantis got a 1.5 a few weeks ago and likely had a huge lift after DVR to score around a 1.8 to 1.9! GH does not get a huge lift like SGA does. I am so happy right now, this is the best news ever.

So Jumper, someone was wrong about GH doing better, Atlantis will likely have done better in numerous occasions! *Does the happy dance*

Atlantis has hit 2.1 Million viewers multiple times this season.

Yet, they cancelled SGA!

Here is last year's GH live numbers...

http://www.nbcumv.com/scifi/release_...039sghost.html

2.1 HH rating
    2.8 Million viewers

DOWN BY 700,000 VIEWERS!!! Yeah baby!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      OMG!!! I got my wish, GHost Plumbers pulled only a 1.5 HH rating for their live special with 2.1 Million viewers....

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_deta...sbesthall.html

This is down a lot from their previous year. Atlantis got a 1.5 a few weeks ago and likely had a huge lift after DVR to score around a 1.8 to 1.9! GH does not get a huge lift like SGA does. I am so happy right now, this is the best news ever.

So Jumper, someone was wrong about GH doing better, Atlantis will likely have done better in numerous occasions! *Does the happy dance*

Atlantis has hit 2.1 Million viewers multiple times this season.

Yet, they cancelled SGA!

Here is last year's GH live numbers...

http://www.nbcumv.com/scifi/release_...039sghost.html

2.1 HH rating
      2.8 Million viewers

DOWN BY 700,000 VIEWERS!!! Yeah baby!!!!
      woohoo I'm sure it had nothing to do with AT's appearance oh and yeah someone was wrong
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        woohoo I'm sure it had nothing to do with AT's appearance oh and yeah someone was wrong
        Dude, you want spin? SCI FI spinned the heck out of that. They did not even list the primetime from 8 to 11pm, 1.5 could of been the highest. Now to defend Ghost Plumbers, it was on a Friday night. Let's recall the other shows that have had some trouble on Friday night. So maybe instead of people saying shows like SGA are losing viewers they will actually read the info and see that Friday night is a tough night for live.
        sigpic

Comment

Dude, you want spin? SCI FI spinned the heck out of that. They did not even list the primetime from 8 to 11pm, 1.5 could of been the highest. Now to defend Ghost Plumbers, it was on a Friday night. Let's recall the other shows that have had some trouble on Friday night. So maybe instead of people saying shows like SGA are losing viewers they will actually read the info and see that Friday night is a tough night for live.
          great spin and Atlantis isn't losing viewers, that's a fact
          sigpic

Comment

great spin and Atlantis isn't losing viewers, that's a fact
            I am just curious why they did not post the primetime numbers. You know from like 8pm to 10pm.
            sigpic

Comment

I am just curious why they did not post the primetime numbers. You know from like 8pm to 10pm.
              huh you're right, they posted the 7pm-2am numbers. hm interesting...
              sigpic

Comment

huh you're right, they posted the 7pm-2am numbers. hm interesting...
                They could of had a steady 1.5 for most of the night, but there were no spikes like Last year. Pretty weird. Why did the press release say viewers are up? Can they not add and subtract?
                sigpic

Comment

These are people who are in television marketing, and beuracracy we are talking about.

Comment

They could of had a steady 1.5 for most of the night,
                    true but I kinda doubt it

but there were no spikes like Last year. Pretty weird. Why did the press release say viewers are up? Can they not add and subtract?
                    apparently not

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    These are people who are in television marketing, and beuracracy we are talking about.
                    sigpic

Comment

apparently not

Only a step above your common politicician.

Comment

apparently not

I knew something was up when they did not release the press release the next day, which they always do. They sat on it for a long time.

Anyway, Yup, Ghost Hunters just ripped the other shows this past Friday night in ratings. I think people actually went out and went Trick or Treating. Heck, a Friday night which most of the country saw mild weather, heck. But of course when Atlantis dips in ratings it's always other factors like the writing has gotten bad or they killed off a certain character. You know what I was a huge Weir fan, but I still stuck with this show and it is still good from day one. So that is not an excuse when SGA's ratings do dip, and they have been going up and staying steady.
                        Last edited by Briangate78; 03 November 2008, 04:21 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Only a step above your common politicician.
                          LOL

I knew something was up when they did not release the press release the next day, which they always do. They sat on it for a long time.
                          ...and then didn't post the 8pm-10pm numbers

Anyway, Yup, Ghost Hunters just ripped the other shows this past Friday night in ratings. I think people actually went out and went Trick or Treating. Heck, a Friday night which most of the country saw mild weather, heck. But of course when Atlantis dips in ratings it's always other factors like the writing has gotten bad or they killed off a certain character. You know what I was a huge Weir fan, but I still stuck with this show and it is still good from day one. So that is not an excuse when SGA's ratings do dip, and they have been going up and staying steady.
                          GH had the same problems other friday night shows have, mainly Atlantis. btw Joe posted this
                          Linda Gagne writes: “I do find it funny that people here are still wondering who canceled SGA. That said, I do believe SCIFI would of kept a sixth season and it is my guess that is why they were thrown the bone of having the SGA movie air on SCIFI before it goes to DVD (they say it will show there first). There are two players left to blame here and those who are perceptive can figure it out.”

Answer: That’s some mighty shaky logic.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...urhams-acacia/
                          sigpic

Comment

And when the show is doing good its always because of Character A, or Actor B. It is never because the episode was actually well written and well percieved by the powers that be.

Comment

LOL

...and then didn't post the 8pm-10pm numbers

GH had the same problems other friday night shows have, mainly Atlantis. btw Joe posted this

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...urhams-acacia/
                              Joe is right. Because once MGM pulls the plug SCI FI really cannot do anything. But because of the relationship with MGM and SCI FI they did it this way, to make room for SGU.

BTW, in other news!

Family Guy 9.97 Million viewers 5.0/11 (Age 18 to 49 ) 6.4/16 (Age 18 to 34)

Ghost Plumbers cannot even come close to FG ratings!

And when the show is doing good its always because of Character A, or Actor B. It is never because the episode was actually well written and well percieved by the powers that be.

Yup.
                              sigpic

Comment

Joe is right. Because once MGM pulls the plug SCI FI really cannot do anything. But because of the relationship with MGM and SCI FI they did it this way, to make room for SGU. BTW, in other news! Family Guy 9.97 Million viewers 5.0/11 (Age 18 to 49 ) 6.4/16 (Age 18 to 34)Ghost Plumbers cannot even come close to FG ratings! Yup.
                                Its really not far to compare the two. One is primetime and one is cable. Primetime is easily more accessible then cable.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X