Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

LOL Alan's a god?

nope but we'll see him again

sure, s5 is awesome

definitely one of the better eps of the second half

nah it wasn't predictable
    Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I just don't think the doctor should be a regular.....And that is in no way an anti Keller thing FoXy..It really isn't......I don't think any CMO should be regular...As much as I love Carson they really shouldn't have made him a regular, unless your SG team is gonna be getting injured in every other ep there's no need to have the CMO there most of the time....Look at SG-1, Janet was never a regular and she was a legend.....And Lam was never a regular either and it worked better that way...Like I said I don;t want you to take this the wrong way FoXy because I don't want to upset you but no CMO should be made regular

p.s. I can't the McKeller thing.....Doesn't really help that I don't like Rodney but that's for another thread

Yep......A good ol fashioned team ep And all the team was there No one was left out

Alan is a god I hope he doesn't disappoint me because I don't think he has thus far
    When I saw Alan was writing this I had hope, he actually exceeded my expectations. So it was great. Sadly it seems a lot of folks are only rating this episode a 8/10, I respect that but they really need to take a 2nd look at this episode.

Also, some of the lines were great, like when Teyla says if stunning the other villagers was necessary, Ronon says it was fun, lol.

Likely one of the best lines in a long time this series...

Carson: Where are the Keys?
    Mckay: It's not a volkswagon, Carson!

That will be a classic line!
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, I actually get to post in the compliments thread this year!!!!!!!!!

Miracles do still happen!!

I loved Outsiders, everything, Beckett, the team, the story, and I really really loved that there wasn't a fluffy bunny solution to this one. I know some people are complaining about the decision to kill the traitor villagers and it wasn't a nice thing to do, but I don't think Sheppard was trying to be nice, I think he was trying to find the best way out for the most people. And sometimes difficult decisions have to be made.

But that's another thing I loved about tonight. It wasn't black and white, but all the shades of grey in between, and that was great, not just entertaining but thought provoking. And if it's got people arguing about the morality of the decision then I'd say they were doing something right.

For the first time this season I was blown away by Atlantis.

I could gush all night but I'm off to the Complaints section to moan about why they can't all be this good!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        When I saw Alan was writing this I had hope, he actually exceeded my expectations. So it was great. Sadly it seems a lot of folks are only rating this episode a 8/10, I respect that but they really need to take a 2nd look at this episode.

Also, some of the lines were great, like when Teyla says if stunning the other villagers was necessary, Ronon says it was fun, lol.

I know I'm like a broken record But Alan is a god

To me this is classic stargate and this is what I always loved about stargate We really need more eps like this please....With all the team there

Some of the lines was priceless...And as much as I don't like Rodney alot of the times I really miss his banter with Carson!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post

I loved Outsiders, everything, Beckett, the team, the story, and I really really loved that there wasn't a fluffy bunny solution to this one. I know some people are complaining about the decision to kill the traitor villagers and it wasn't a nice thing to do, but I don't think Sheppard was trying to be nice, I think he was trying to find the best way out for the most people. And sometimes difficult decisions have to be made.

But that's another thing I loved about tonight. It wasn't black and white, but all the shades of grey in between, and that was great, not just entertaining but thought provoking. And if it's got people arguing about the morality of the decision then I'd say they were doing something right.

I could gush all night but I'm off to the Complaints section to moan about why they can't all be this good!
          Outsiders
          Spoiler:
          It was a hard decison for Shep to take but I don't think he had any other choice....He sacrificed a few to save many.....Whether it's right or wrong, who knows but I think he had no other choice at the time and he has to live with what he's done....He'll know this himself when he made the decision!
          sigpic

Comment

I'd rate it 9/10

LOL yeah and also

Rodney: I'm not wandering aimlessly, I'm exploring. There's a big difference
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post

Well it's good I can finally reply to you without going off topic.

Glad you liked it. I immediatley thought of classic Atlantis with Carson and Mckay, they were brilliant.

As per the Sheppard thing, I think Sheppard thought what was his name? Ratted Atlantis out to the Wraith and the reason why Mckay and Carson were captured. I know he grabbed him through the bars and put a gun to his head. The villager guy denied it, but I think Sheppard did not believe him and felt collateral damage was necessary. It's good that the writers continue to give this darkness to Sheppard. Sheppard is far from a bad person, but sometimes he has to make choices to save other lives. Sorta how he did not want to reactivate the nanites to save Weir's life.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd rate it 9/10

LOL yeah and also

Rodney: I'm not wandering aimlessly, I'm exploring. There's a big difference
                10/10 for character
                8/10 for Special Effects (Nothing too special in this ep)
                9/10 for Story

sigpic

Comment

I would have given it a 10/10 but i'm giving it a 9/10 just for a little bit at the end they didn't need to add
                  sigpic

Comment

I just don't think the doctor should be a regular.....And that is in no way an anti Keller thing FoXy..It really isn't......I don't think any CMO should be regular...As much as I love Carson they really shouldn't have made him a regular, unless your SG team is gonna be getting injured in every other ep there's no need to have the CMO there most of the time....Look at SG-1, Janet was never a regular and she was a legend.....And Lam was never a regular either and it worked better that way...Like I said I don;t want you to take this the wrong way FoXy because I don't want to upset you but no CMO should be made regular
                    I'm more than happy with what development Jenn has gained this season, that would have been enough really but I'm not complaining about the extra Keller inclusion in S5. I see what you mean about the CMO role though and that they shouldn't be regulars but with how Keller was written to begin with in S4 she has needed that development.

p.s. I can't the McKeller thing.....Doesn't really help that I don't like Rodney but that's for another thread
                    Given how 'Tracker' turned out I'm not going to be concerned about the shippyness in 'Brain Storm', it could turn out to be a good episode anyway and McKeller isn't the main plot.

Comment

10/10 for character
                      8/10 for Special Effects (Nothing too special in this ep)
                      9/10 for Story

so basically 9/10

I would have given it a 10/10 but i'm giving it a 9/10 just for a little bit at the end they didn't need to add
                      10/10? wow you must really like this ep
                      sigpic

Comment

Mesa think Yousa like thees ep.

so basically 9/10

Well I thought it was an A episode and not just a B episode. I would give it an extra .5 because of Carson's performance. So think a 95/100!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well I thought it was an A episode and not just a B episode. I would give it an extra .5 because of Carson's performance. So think a 95/100!
                          it was definitely an A ep imo
                          sigpic

Comment

it was definitely an A ep imo
                            I gotta say this. Whispers was not that good at all, lol. There I said it. Outsiders made Carson look great, Whispers totally misused or under-used (Um is that a word? )his character and what he is all about. Outsiders showed what the character Dr. Carson Beckett is all about.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm going with 9.75 out of 10 as the only thing I had a slight nit pick with was Carson being infected you could see coming a mile away (doesn't mean I didn't love EVERY second of it)

But everything else was fantastic.

And Sheppard...where have you been? It was great to see a little of the old Sheppard, the one who was slightly unpredictable and dangerous - and who believes that actions have consequences - that just made the episode for me.

Can I change my score, 11 out of 10

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
                                I'm more than happy with what development Jenn has gained this season, that would have been enough really but I'm not complaining about the extra Keller inclusion in S5. I see what you mean about the CMO role though and that they shouldn't be regulars but with how Keller was written to begin with in S4 she has needed that development.
                                I glad you understand what I was trying to say

Given how 'Tracker' turned out I'm not going to be concerned about the shippyness in 'Brain Storm', it could turn out to be a good episode anyway and McKeller isn't the main plot.
                                Like I said Rodney is my least favourite character so......

Yep Classic stargate...I miss these kinda eps I'd have given it 10 if it wasn't for the bit at the end

Mesa think Yousa like thees ep.
                                How did you guess

I gotta say this. Whispers was not that good at all, lol. There I said it. Outsiders made Carson look great, Whispers totally misused or under-used (Um is that a word? )his character and what he is all about. Outsiders showed what the character Dr. Carson Beckett is all about.
                                I totally agree....I really didn't like Carson in whispers and thought it was a crap ep overall but outsiders showed us the old Carson we've (at least some of us, right Jel ) come to know and love
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X