Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a big fan of movies because I forget whenever I watch them, so that means i have to try to remember the previous movie, which is really hard, for me and plus I don't like waiting for a whole year for them to fit it all into 2 hours and trying to make it rushed. But for a series my brain works differently I actually remember what happens in previous episodes. I do hope they at least 4-5 movies a year, Lets hope they keep Atlantis alive for a long time, like for the next 5-6 years. But I doubt it will get pass the 3rd or 4th movie imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron Atlantis View Post
      I am not a big fan of movies because I forget whenever I watch them, so that means i have to try to remember the previous movie, which is really hard, for me and plus I don't like waiting for a whole year for them to fit it all into 2 hours and trying to make it rushed. But for a series my brain works differently I actually remember what happens in previous episodes. I do hope they at least 4-5 movies a year, Lets hope they keep Atlantis alive for a long time, like for the next 5-6 years. But I doubt it will get pass the 3rd or 4th movie imo.
      The first movie is going to be more standalone as the series isn't finishing on a cliffhanger and chances are any follow up movies will be similar in that sense, I think TPTB will aim for them to be accessable by people who might not have been following the series closely and with the time between S5 and the first movie that would help the casual viewers keep up with what's going on.

Depending on what happens with the cast moving on and whatnot 3-4 movies sounds like a good number and I hope we get as many as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
        I re-watched 'The Queen' last night,
        Spoiler:

Anyone else get an 'Exocist' recall from Teyla in this pic?
        Since I have never seen the Exocist, I'll say no.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

The first movie is going to be more standalone as the series isn't finishing on a cliffhanger and chances are any follow up movies will be similar in that sense, I think TPTB will aim for them to be accessable by people who might not have been following the series closely and with the time between S5 and the first movie that would help the casual viewers keep up with what's going on.

Depending on what happens with the cast moving on and whatnot 3-4 movies sounds like a good number and I hope we get as many as possible.
          Actually it is going to be like "Ark of Truth". Unending was not a cliffhanger. It just leaves the fans with the "Ok what's next" feeling.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Actually it is going to be like "Ark of Truth". Unending was not a cliffhanger. It just leaves the fans with the "Ok what's next" feeling.
            AoT dealt with the Ori though, I doubt the Atlantis movie will be relying so heavily on the built up story of the series (sure I read something saying that anyway) and concluding the wraith threat.

Comment

AoT dealt with the Ori though, I doubt the Atlantis movie will be relying so heavily on the built up story of the series (sure I read something saying that anyway) and concluding the wraith threat.
              Well there is 3 story arcs it could complete.....

1.) Todd's alliance and the use of the new retro-virus ( I see a lot of opportunity with this)
              2.) Michael and the Hybrids (Sounds like a rock band, lol) and they don't suck!Get it? Huh? Huh?

3.) The rebel Asgard.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                Hmm. True.

(Ew, I just moaned in a response to Jelgate... )

I bet it did, although didn't we argue before that a 1.5 for a mid-season 2-parter is standard? Especially the second part of it?
                no. a 1.5 was like a 1.8 a few years ago, it's difficult to compare ratings

Like I said, it'd like to see them being able to shoot a few movies closer together... So we don't have to wait a year and more in between, each time.

If they put Joe and Paul on it, and get Alan, Martin and Carl in for some pitching, every now and then, they're bound to come up with some nice story ideas, or even nice arcs, right?
                Joe and Paul are already writing the Atlantis movie

2 or 3 movies a year would be great. Who needs SG-1, anyway?

Okay, they can make movies, too...
                I DO!!!

Let's hope messing with the hour turned out to be a good thing! 10 at night is a bit late for a show, imo. Especially on a Friday, maybe people wanna go to bed early to be fresher for the weekend?
                that's what DVR is for

They did pretty good so far.

true but there's a difference in that AoT finished the Ori arc but the Wraith will stil be around after the Atlantis movie so it's not exactly the same. unless it's about this new group of Asgard or finishes the Michael arc

1.) Todd's alliance and the use of the new retro-virus ( I see a lot of opportunity with this)
                2.) Michael and the Hybrids (Sounds like a rock band, lol) and they don't suck!Get it? Huh? Huh?

3.) The rebel Asgard.
                they'll definitely mention #1 imo especially since Carson will most likely appear in the movie. LOL @ #2 as for #3, IDK... tbh I don't expect them to appear in the movie. TPTB will probably kill off Michael and then focus on the rebel Asgard
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

no. a 1.5 was like a 1.8 a few years ago, it's difficult to compare ratings

Joe and Paul are already writing the Atlantis movie

I DO!!!

that's what DVR is for

true but there's a difference in that AoT finished the Ori arc but the Wraith will stil be around after the Atlantis movie so it's not exactly the same. unless it's about this new group of Asgard or finishes the Michael arc

they'll definitely mention #1 imo especially since Carson will most likely appear in the movie. LOL @ #2 as for #3, IDK... tbh I don't expect them to appear in the movie. TPTB will probably kill off Michael and then focus on the rebel Asgard

Spoiler:
                  If Michael does die before the series is over, it's gotta be huge. I think Michael could appear in the series finale. Joe M has already said the asgard will not return, but possibly in the movies. A story arc will end but there are others to continue in the movies. I think Michael's story will end this season. I do hope it goes out with a bang and not a whimper. When Anubis was killed off the first time in "Lost City" that is how you kill off an enemy. Same thing as Apophis, that was a good ending to his character.

I put in spoiler tags in case people don't know about what Joe M said.
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    If Michael does die before the series is over, it's gotta be huge. I think Michael could appear in the series finale. Joe M has already said the asgard will not return, but possibly in the movies. A story arc will end but there are others to continue in the movies. I think Michael's story will end this season. I do hope it goes out with a bang and not a whimper. When Anubis was killed off the first time in "Lost City" that is how you kill off an enemy. Same thing as Apophis, that was a good ending to his character.

Spoiler:
                    I think an Atlantis movie with Michael as the main villian would be pretty cool. however you're right if they're gonna kill him off in the remaining eps, it's gotta be huge. I kinda hope it's not The Prdogial because there's so much more going on. so do you think he's going to attack Earth in the season finale and somehow dies?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      I think an Atlantis movie with Michael as the main villian would be pretty cool. however you're right if they're gonna kill him off in the remaining eps, it's gotta be huge. I kinda hope it's not The Prdogial because there's so much more going on. so do you think he's going to attack Earth in the season finale and somehow dies?
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm thinking Michael is in the Season Finale because Carson will be in it also. It would seem to work, oh well, we shall see.
                      sigpic

Comment

3.) The rebel Asgard.
                        It would be cool if Michael's in the movie. Right now I'm on the fence as to whether things will work out with Todd and the improved retro-virus, it could go either way. The Asgard would be awesome if they make a return, there is some potential there for a movie.

Spoiler:

Yeah it will be huge,
                        Spoiler:
                        Michael is a cool bad guy and when it is his time I hope it's a good end.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I'm thinking Michael is in the Season Finale because Carson will be in it also. It would seem to work, oh well, we shall see.
                          I hope you're right

It would be cool if Michael's in the movie. Right now I'm on the fence as to whether things will work out with Todd and the improved retro-virus, it could go either way. The Asgard would be awesome if they make a return, there is some potential there for a movie.

Yeah it will be huge,
                          Spoiler:
                          Michael is a cool bad guy and when it is his time I hope it's a good end.
                          sigpic

Comment

No Micheal. He will wind up ruining Enemy at the Gate
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              How so?
                              Spoiler:
                              Well Todd is in the finale, we know that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Not for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X