This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    I agree, and I'm fine with that, as long as that larger part doesn't have anything to do with making something between Shep and Teyla canon.
    Don't say that too loud. You know they do the exact opposite of what some of us want.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Don't say that too loud. You know they do the exact opposite of what some of us want.
      ROFL! *whispering* Sorry! Forgot about that!

Also, I love your freakingout smiley. LOL.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        Shep gave us the answer to that when he told Teyla in First Strike that
        Spoiler:
        she is the invisible woman.
        LOL, completely forgotten about that one. *huggles Teyla*

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
        I just watched the beginning of midway and

Spoiler:
        Teyla said some IOA guy doesn't want her to carry on working at Atlantis after giving birth. John replied with "won't he be suprised" or something like that. Teyla then looks away unhappy, and John looks at her worried...The prospects for Teyla in S5 doesn't look good...
        That look... Oh dear, that look... *bad visions for season 5*

Am I the official blog reporter? Yeccchh. Anyway, JM said that in regards to Teyla
        Spoiler:
        she will be back on the team. He also said RL came in to talk and was very pleased with the direction for her character in S5. So not to worry, Teyla is safe.
        Rachel is happy. Great! But we're not Rachel.

Paint the jumper red with racing stripes, put a hot tub in the back and be done with it.
        *giggles* You know what I'm thinking... *zip*

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Folks should know better than to trust anything Mallozzi says. It's all half-truths and misdirections and whatever might be true today (or at any particular given moment) might not stay true later on.
        *sigh* True.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        I agree, and I'm fine with that, as long as that larger part doesn't have anything to do with making something between Shep and Teyla canon.
        NOOOOOOO!!!!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          Spoiler:
          Nothing new. Quarantine explained Teyla's position after birth. She wants to be close to her child and she does not want to orphan him. Why do we need to pick on the IOA guy?
          Here's how I see why we need to pick on the IOA. The IOA is exactly just like the current TPTB. They're TPTB equivilant - too many parallels there I'd rather not get into They are esentially the 'powers that be' over Atlantis. Of course, we (and our heroes) don't always agree with them or follow them. I'm sure if complaining about tptb was outlawed, we could just replace it with 'IOA' and hardly any eyebrows would be raised

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          Those jacket zippers are coming WAY down these days.
          Yup. I didn't mind Teyla's clothing, because, well it ws just her and RL is very pretty and it wasn't getting shoved in our faces. And rather I would call hers 'low-cut' rather than cleavage peeking out at us. But with Keller and Carter and now Vega - WAY overboard! Does this mean we can expect Rodney and Shep and Lorne to start zipping down and flashing thier manly cleavage at us? Sadly, I think not.

IMHO, this whole baby thing is just another huge red herring that will disappear after the first 2 eps of S5. I know most of you love this character, but I have always attached her firmly to the frat boy modus operandi. She's developed since S1, but anybody that looks like her is perfectly safe. Just my biased opinion. Sorry.
          I completely understand where you're comng from Southern Red. I am a female viewer that really likes the Teyla character but I do think tp have decided to use her to grab them frat boys. I'm still looking for that arc - red herring does not count. There is so much you can do with this character without making her just ass-kicking wallpaper I actually think there could be more for her to do if she wasn't made pregnant but was rather gone for 4 consectutive episodes or so to be with her peeps.

Also, the so-called team development this season has left me cold and fearful that we will see more painful attempts to make it look like they are a real family in S5. [...] they seem to be trying too hard to tell us that everybody just looovvveeess everybody else.
          Like I mentioned in my previous post this new 'family' is really getting me PO'ed. Carter and Keller will never ever be a part of the family no matter how hard tptb try to make it look like so. God forbid if Woolsey begins sitting down at the table with them. It annoys me that TPTB are trying so hard to endear the new characters to us and integrate them into the family that the character we do love by taking those loved characters a step back. Take Rodney and now Radek for example.

Didn't JM say something like that about Elizabeth on his blog once?
          Yeah. Someone asked "Isn't it too early to tell us Torri will be in one episode for season five" (something along those lines), and he replied. "No it is not too early to assume." This confirms my observation that one of his greatest weaknesses is over confidence

It's all half-truths and misdirections and whatever might be true today (or at any particular given moment) might not stay true later on.
          Yeah. Look at what he did with all the hype around Carson returning to recurring and such and five episodes - what a slap in the face. Keller as a regular will leave a black eye for months.

Would I be breaking a rule if I said that Torri said at the last con that they told her everything would be fine, atta girl for all of S3? Right up until they fired her. The rules for this thread intimidate me.
          You're not the only one. I'm sure if you can cite sources/con reports or be backed up by others you won't get yelled at, but if you begin directly projecting your feelings onto others I think you will (Am I wrong here? Please don't eat Southern Red mods. You can eat me instead though I'm sure you'll find me rather unpalatable.)

His double speak rivals any Congressional committee hearing I've ever witnessed on C-Span.
          Nice analogy

And how much chocolate he's consumed. BTW, somebody suggested sending him gifts. Certain fan groups have been doing that for a while now. JF suggested we send bottled water like the Jericho fans and their nuts. But I can't help picturing a tsunami bearing down on Bridge Studios.
          Well, I would consider bribing him after he's full of Hershey's Dark Chocolate but I'm afraid he'll revel in his his gifts and continue to ignore us. (Or worse, have us send more chocolate.) We could try something less appetizing like faux exploding tumours Tsunami on Bridge - I did suggest that season 5 should end with Atlantis landing on Earth and crashing on top of Bridge Studios

Comment

I'd be too tempted to load the chocolate with Ex Lax and REALLY send 'em a message. But I'm sure they wouldn't accept any gifts from me anyway. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

<snipped for length>

Yup. I didn't mind Teyla's clothing, because, well it ws just her and RL is very pretty and it wasn't getting shoved in our faces. And rather I would call hers 'low-cut' rather than cleavage peeking out at us. But with Keller and Carter and now Vega - WAY overboard! Does this mean we can expect Rodney and Shep and Lorne to start zipping down and flashing thier manly cleavage at us? Sadly, I think not.

<snipped some more>

Like I mentioned in my previous post this new 'family' is really getting me PO'ed. Carter and Keller will never ever be a part of the family no matter how hard tptb try to make it look like so. God forbid if Woolsey begins sitting down at the table with them. It annoys me that TPTB are trying so hard to endear the new characters to us and integrate them into the family that the character we do love by taking those loved characters a step back. Take Rodney and now Radek for example.

You're not the only one. I'm sure if you can cite sources/con reports or be backed up by others you won't get yelled at, but if you begin directly projecting your feelings onto others I think you will (Am I wrong here? Please don't eat Southern Red mods. You can eat me instead though I'm sure you'll find me rather unpalatable.)

<snippage galore>

See every time I see Teyla in those flowly low cut maternity outfits, I wonder if Frederick's of Hollywood has a mother-to-be department. But my husband said he thinks they are "very attractive". *spork*

Did we ever see Elizabeth and Carson eating with the team or even sitting with them? I fear they will have to put an extension in that team table in order to accommodate all the new family in S5.

What she said. I'm a tough old bird. You won't find me too juicy.
              I'd be too tempted to load the chocolate with Ex Lax and REALLY send 'em a message. But I'm sure they wouldn't accept any gifts from me anyway. LOL!
              Or any of us. There is probably a list on the gate going back to the lemming days.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

They probably really don't eat the chocolate. Who knows.
                As for Teyla I really hope she's safe, and doesn't fall in the black hole of "great story arc".
                sig made by me

Comment

let's not even joke about sending 'altered' foodstuffs please.

honestly? most places won't accept food unless it comes from a reputable vendor...in other words, not from the fans hands but a bonafide store, just for those reasons
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Did we ever see Elizabeth and Carson eating with the team or even sitting with them? I fear they will have to put an extension in that team table in order to accommodate all the new family in S5.
                    Nope. Elizabeth and Carson were weaved into the family even without sitting with the team. Lizzeh and Carson held the team together - to make an analogy, Shep, Rodney, Ronon and Teyla sit at the kiddy table and Liz and Carson are the den-mothers

About Teyla's maternity clothes ... My dad said the same thing. Must be a man thing

Teehee and happy birthday =]

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    honestly? most places won't accept food unless it comes from a reputable vendor...in other words, not from the fans hands but a bonafide store, just for those reasons
                    *shocked* Really? They don't do homecooked?

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                      They probably really don't eat the chocolate. Who knows.
                      As for Teyla I really hope she's safe, and doesn't fall in the black hole of "great story arc".

We need to change her name to Teyla "30 seconds" Emmagan .

Comment

It saddens me to say this but it sounds like the best way to enjoy whatever time we have left with SGA is to keep our expectations low. Sigh...

Whether or not I like Woolsey seems irrelevant but I think all these changes are symptomatic of larger problems besetting the showing. Show runners in panic mode, a lack of general direction... filler episodes living up to their name (What happened to the ilk of fillers like Letters from Pegasus), deriding beloved characters for cheap attempts at humour.

Originally posted by alyssa View Post

And whoever said he said Atlantis is comedy disguised as scifi --- I don't know about you, but that just says to me that he'd rather not be doing scifi. He probably sees it as beneath him. If that's the case, it's an insult to every SG fan out there.
                        Really... he said that? Well, all I can say is that that's been done before... and done better -- it's called Red Dwarf.
                        But it does explain a lot... the kind of silly, pubescent stuff we've been getting lately. However, it doesn't explain S1, which really set the tone of expectation for me.

Larrin is just a sex ploy, nothing more and nothing less. A complete waste of viewing time. TPTB used to write much better developed female characters, like I was just thinking of that SG1 episode with the old woman who destoryed worlds. Now they're just hot sex objects and most of the men prevented. It's become like a sex show from what I read. Apart from the obvious negative implications this has, it also takes the sci fi from the show away.

Goes back to the point I just made. TPTB thinks men only want to see young hot flirtatious girls. What women want to watch doesn't count.
                        Enough... no more... 'Tis was as trite as it was before.

I liked Carson well enough... was sad that the character was shown the door but I don't care for bringing back dead characters... it's just another desperate effort to keep heads above the water... It's pretty much the case with every other "new and exciting" change, I've heard announced.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          Enough... no more... 'Tis was as trite as it was before.
                          My post?
                          Originally posted by alyssa
                          And whoever said he said Atlantis is comedy disguised as scifi
                          I'm not believing it until I see proof. That is hear and say.
                          sigpic

Comment

JM posted his opinion of "Stargate is actually a comedy disguised as a science fiction show" on his blog during one of his rants about the new and improved SG-1 about a year ago.

I didn't bother to save a link...it's buried in his blog somewhere if you're up for a challenge of reading through it.

I read it with my own eyes and that statement stuck with me.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Yeah, well, be careful what you trust out of Joe's blog; he'll just backpedal later. He'll claim you took him out of context, misquoted him entirely, or are too stupid to see that he was "obviously" making a joke. Joe is like some poor man's version of Loki, and look at all the damage he caused.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                                JM posted his opinion of "Stargate is actually a comedy disguised as a science fiction show" on his blog during one of his rants about the new and improved SG-1 about a year ago.

I didn't bother to save a link...it's buried in his blog somewhere if you're up for a challenge of reading through it.

I read it with my own eyes and that statement stuck with me.
                                Ok I don’t need a link, just someone mentioning the source is enough. I just found it too unbelievable.....

So that explains the ridiculous transformation SGA is going through. I was right about Woolsey being brought in as a comedy act.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X