This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Come to think of leather uniforms and low cut maternity clothes.... WTF? Is SGA becoming a fashion show now? Will we get an official expedition clothes designer next year? The Armani of Stargate? Those leather uniforms are hideous IMHO.

it's easier to create new uniforms than start thinking about new and interesting stories

you should know that
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

better yet, they could combine the two, they could have the team go to fashion week and pick out accessories and the prettiest gun attachments. that would be a great episode!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
        better yet, they could combine the two, they could have the team go to fashion week and pick out accessories and the prettiest gun attachments. that would be a great episode!
        I think I'd watch that.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I think I'd watch that.
          I would rather watch Teyla episode than this
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

I think I'd watch that.

I would so watch that if Vala does takes over the catwalk

Comment

Originally posted by iyellkhan! View Post

And the one point which I truely do not understand, which I feel has lent toward a significant collapse in production design cohesion, is the change from the real world mission jackets (material wise, not nec. color scheme wise) to leather. Not only do such uniforms make no sense from a tactical perspective (leather shines - a wonderful way to get shot) but it has broken uniformity and become somewhat tacky. I had a discussion with another friend in the industry, and the name Andromeda came up...

welcome iyellkahn! i totally agree with you about the uniforms being leather its just stupid. i think the idea was to make the team look 'cool', wtf?! but they dont wear them in every ep and seems out of character.
              Come to think of leather uniforms and low cut maternity clothes.... WTF? Is SGA becoming a fashion show now? Will we get an official expedition clothes designer next year? The Armani of Stargate? Those leather uniforms are hideous IMHO.
              Stargate Fashion Show!

Not that the other uniforms were much better...had that star trek color coding to them but at least they weren't leather.

yep, replace quality with eye candy and pray your viewers don't notice.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Actually I think it's the other way around. Certain viewers should notice.

Comment

Excellent analysis of Teyla, Anuna. Seems like you know your stuff, but: Sheppard is smart? WTF? Sheppard is a combination of stupid, suicidal and criminal. He made Mensa, but so have I (and I bet it even was with a much higher score) and I still consider myself (and Sheppard) to be among the most stupid people on the planet

Comment

Hello iyellkhan!, you present some very interesting ideas. A lot of us have noticed a distinct change since S1. Yet on the other hand, some viewers think SGA is just getting better and better. Who knows which group is in the majority? It seems from reading interviews, etc (Please don't ask for links. You all know I can't remember ****.) that the networks, namely SciFi and MGM, have demanded that they appeal to a younger, male audience. They have an outdated vision of who watches SciFi and think it's still just the socially awkward male between 18-45 who still lives at home, only communicates via computer and attends conventions wearing a storm trooper costume. Most of us don't fit that description. In fact most of us are women. They assume the viewers want boobs, bombs and frat boy humor and paint everything in the broadest terms as far as relationships go, be they love or friendship.

I like the leather, but I think they have gone overboard with it. Maybe there was a sale on leather down at the Vancouver fabric store. Buy one yard, get one free. This is a pattern with them. Find a good thing. Do it to death. Now as long as they let Sheppard wear his leather coat occasionally, I'll be fine. And yes, I am shallow. Thank you so much.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Hello iyellkhan!, you present some very interesting ideas. A lot of us have noticed a distinct change since S1. Yet on the other hand, some viewers think SGA is just getting better and better. Who knows which group is in the majority? It seems from reading interviews, etc (Please don't ask for links. You all know I can't remember ****.) that the networks, namely SciFi and MGM, have demanded that they appeal to a younger, male audience. They have an outdated vision of who watches SciFi and think it's still just the socially awkward male between 18-45 who still lives at home, only communicates via computer and attends conventions wearing a storm trooper costume. Most of us don't fit that description. In fact most of us are women. They assume the viewers want boobs, bombs and frat boy humor and paint everything in the broadest terms as far as relationships go, be they love or friendship.

I like the leather, but I think they have gone overboard with it. Maybe there was a sale on leather down at the Vancouver fabric store. Buy one yard, get one free. This is a pattern with them. Find a good thing. Do it to death. Now as long as they let Sheppard wear his leather coat occasionally, I'll be fine. And yes, I am shallow. Thank you so much.
                      Its ok to be shallow just as long as your not as shallow as this once great show has become.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                        Excellent analysis of Teyla, Anuna. Seems like you know your stuff, but: Sheppard is smart? WTF? Sheppard is a combination of stupid, suicidal and criminal. He made Mensa, but so have I (and I bet it even was with a much higher score) and I still consider myself (and Sheppard) to be among the most stupid people on the planet
                        Yes, I know my stuff. And yes, I dare say Shep is smart. At least that is how he should be written - not like a careless fratboy. Maybe I'm biased because I like the character (especially like writing him), maybe you can't see what I see because you obviously don't like John, but there are two versions of John. One is Mensa intelligent, caring, loyal to the point of self sacrifice and responsible.

The other one is that guy that walks into the alien city in "Irresponsible" with nose held high and sunglasses on his face, the one you call criminal and I call irresponsible, the kirk, one I don't even like and think that is due to badwritingbadwritingbadwriting. It seems that TPTB don't know what to do with him, how to handle him, so our poor Shep is suffering a split personality.

And he's not the only one suffering from that problem, all of the characters suffer from badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.

Comment

Yes, I know my stuff. And yes, I dare say Shep is smart. At least that is how he should be written - not like a careless fratboy. Maybe I'm biased because I like the character (especially like writing him), maybe you can't see what I see because you obviously don't like John, but there are two versions of John. One is Mensa intelligent, caring, loyal to the point of self sacrifice and responsible.

The other one is that guy that walks into the alien city in "Irresponsible" with nose held high and sunglasses on his face, the one you call criminal and I call irresponsible, the kirk, one I don't even like and think that is due to badwritingbadwritingbadwriting. It seems that TPTB don't know what to do with him, how to handle him, so our poor Shep is suffering a split personality.

And he's not the only one suffering from that problem, all of the characters suffer from badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.
                          If he has a split personality, he should go into a mental institute. Would you volunteer to be his Doctor Heightmeyer???

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                            If he has a split personality, he should go into a mental institute. Would you volunteer to be his Doctor Heightmeyer???
                            Yes. I could handle his personal issues as a therapist. I don't think he has split personality per se (don't twist my words here, P; I was commenting how he was written); but I could work with his latent suicidal issues.

From professional POV he doesn't need a mental institution but does need a therapy. (which doesn't make him automatically insane).

Comment

Take Shep out bring Vala in

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                Take Shep out bring Vala in
                                Actually I wouldn't complain. At all.

Comment

Working...
                                X