This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Keller is a regular. I can't remotely identify with or warm up to this character. First it was the whining, then it was the flirting, throughout I've picked up on the immaturity. Just can't believe we lost a strong female character, and gained another female character that doesn't even come close. Yep, I know Weir leaving has nothing to do with Keller arriving. Just making a comment about the shift of portraying women of substance to something altogether different. Not my cup of tea.
    I agree. Keller as a regular is laughable. She is whiny and immature.

I'm waiting for someone to get killed due to her lack of leadership skills. (Just please don't let it be Shep).

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      JM and gang are poking fun of Zelenka and I don't like it. How are they going to treat him in season 5?
      Yeah, this a concern for me. I think he's heading for Dr. Lee territory, which is completely OOC, imo, because this is Zelenka! He's the rational, grounded scientist, a complete foil to Rodney.

Although, according to JM, I think this is the direction they want to go in for Zelenka, which has me scared for S5. Maybe he'll start cross-dressing next! (spoilers for JM's blog)

Spoiler:
      Itxas lamia writes: “…the most destacable one being the infamous ‘Zelenka bashing’ one.

[…]…honestly I can’t imagine Weir saying such things.”

Answer: In all fairness, there is a scene from the season 3 episode Common Ground in which two dozen pairs of women’s shoes are discovered in Zelenka’s closet including Weir’s missing patent leather pumps. Unfortunately, the scene was cut for time but the deleted footage can still be found among the boxset special features.

Seriously?? He's breaking into people's rooms and stealing their stuff?? They wanted to include that in Common Ground?

I'm tired of the producers bringing in young babes, like Larrin, Keller, the new Vega chick. They are only there for boob appeal.
      I'm holding off on judging Vega until we see her, but I'm a bit disappointed in the need to even bring her on. What happened to Cadman? I liked her. In fact, she was one of the only Stargate female characters that I liked. Now, I'm not a guy, but I thought the actress who played her was very attractive. Maybe the actress was unavailable?

The only thing that will make me completely write-off Vega is if she starts taking scenes that normally would have gone to Lorne. JM assured us that it wouldn't happen, so I'm trying to have some faith in that, but it's still a concern for me. Lorne is like a shot of morphene. Even if an episode is crappy, seeing him just makes everything hurt a little less.

Comment

I hope you people realize what you have done. Now that you have stated your misgivings, dislikes and fears for season 5 in a public forum where TPTB and everybody is free to read them you can expect the following in S5.

1. Boobs, boobs and more boobs. The bigger the better, especially when enhanced by tight outfits and inappropriate for the occasion cleavage.
        2. Larrin will be a regular in S6. I have to say for the record that I like her, but accept the fact that most probably don't.
        3. Woolsey will be in every episode, have a hero moment where he saves everybody, lift lots of weights during the hiatus and join a team in S6. Probably Capt. Hot New Chick's.
        4. Keller will have at least one episode devoted entirely to her. It will focus on how she suffered to become the youngest CMO in two galaxies. Ronon will propose marriage.
        5. Carson will be fazed out, mentioned less and less and finally never heard of again.
        6. The replicator arc will confirm Weir's death at the hands of Oberoth and the last few milliseconds of BAMSR will be ignored. Noone on Atlantis will ever mention her again.
        7. Everyone in the main cast will pair off, either with each other or a recurring character. Kanan is a dead man.

There's probably more, but I gave myself a headache. It seems like we are destined to get the exact opposite of what thread after thread confirms a lot of us want. Even though I am looking forward to S5, I'm doing it through the eyes of someone who started watching a lovely formal event with strings, waiters in tuxedos, and ladies in tiaras and ballgowns that has turned into a food fight. I'm still watching in rapt fascination. But at times it's while my hands are over my mouth to cover the hysterical laughter.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          I would guess...short lived and dull with hot new actress with huge cleavage, in tight leather and high heels delivering Weir like lines.
          Because, since she has nanites in her, she can change her appearance. LOL

One of my biggest concerns is the additions/changes to the cast. I don't think they have consistantly delivered on giving us background stories for the characters. (It took four years to find out Shep had a brother, for example.)

I think if they could cultivate the characters into more three diminsional people, they would find the need to add more filler (i.e. more actors) would be nullified. Right now, my interest in the main characters waning...
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
            I disagree. Larrin is all of those things: strong, confident, intelligent and compassionate. She’s not one of us and she’s not of our culture. The first three, strength, confidence and intelligence are obvious from her position as captain of a ship with the Travelers, the respect that her people give her and her ability to go toe-to-toe with Sheppard. Her compassion and motivation are driven by her own people. As she said, “Look, I know you don't agree with my tactics, but I wasn't lying about why I need this ship. I'm doing this for my people.”

One of my misgivings is the opposite of most of those expressed here.
            My fear is that we will not see enough of Larrin in S5.

Larrin and the Travelers have so much potential, I hope TPTB don’t waste it.
            I would like to see them figure prominently in at least 4 episodes of S5.

I fear they will miss this opportunity to have Sheppard temporarily interested in a woman that is his equal, a woman that is truly an interesting character.

(A complementary misgiving is that TPTB will provide suggestions that Sheppard is interested romantically with any of the female characters on Atlantis, especially Teyla. Hopefully, no main character ships will ever be canonized.)

I didnt get any of that from watching travellers.

I found her totaly unbelievable. I didnt see many of her people so cant say wether or not she was there due to respect or wether she tied her superior officer to a chair and used sexual inuendo to get her position.

I saw no compassion. no nothing to make me want to see her again. especialy if it means a plot has to be sacrifised so I can watch her and shep play kissy face err

Travellers had uber potential. if Larrin had been an older, wiser and less flirtasious after torturing somebody. I would have believed in her charcter more.

As it was I saw no chemistry between Shep and Larrin so felt the ep was wasted, on me at least.

I hope if we are subjected to more of her I get to see, what you see in her, at the moment Im afraid I dont.
            sigpic
            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Turning Zelenka into some kind of sexual pervert is just another way TPTB have invented in order to demean intelligence. They seem to think that being smart means you're socially inept, reclusive, and/or perverse. Lovely image to create, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                1. Boobs, boobs and more boobs. The bigger the better, especially when enhanced by tight outfits and inappropriate for the occasion cleavage.
                What's wrong with this?
                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Even though I am looking forward to S5, I'm doing it through the eyes of someone who started watching a lovely formal event with strings, waiters in tuxedos, and ladies in tiaras and ballgowns that has turned into a food fight. I'm still watching in rapt fascination. But at times it's while my hands are over my mouth to cover the hysterical laughter.
                Best... quote... ever.

Comment

I have to say that I really hate the whole conversation about Radek in "Trio". It seemed out of place and why would a leader even get into that type of discussion?

I won't even go into the whole 'who would you rather' conversation which just showed Kellers immaturity. And why Carter would even contribute to that conversation is beyond me.

Both conversations really bugged me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Turning Zelenka into some kind of sexual pervert is just another way TPTB have invented in order to demean intelligence. They seem to think that being smart means you're socially inept, reclusive, and/or perverse. Lovely image to create, guys.
                    IMO, TPTB should stop projecting their perversions on the characters.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                      Because, since she has nanites in her, she can change her appearance. LOL

One of my biggest concerns is the additions/changes to the cast. I don't think they have consistantly delivered on giving us background stories for the characters. (It took four years to find out Shep had a brother, for example.)

I think if they could cultivate the characters into more three diminsional people, they would find the need to add more filler (i.e. more actors) would be nullified. Right now, my interest in the main characters waning...
                      heck you don't even need that...just a new actress with a new character talking about the famous repi-weir and how the former leader would like to talk to them but won't...then, blah, blah, blah...till weir is never mentioned again...like ford.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      oh yeah...can't leave Zelenka as a shy and smart guy who counter's Rodney's stupidity. havens, sheppard is supposed to counter Rodney's stupidity and flirt with everything...human or not...that has boobs in the process.

Can't let another scientist be smarter than the golden boy McKay...then Rodney would look even more incompetent than normal.

So season 5 looks like this to me:

Scene 1:

The Wraith are attacking the city.....

Woosley under desk with radio in hand screaming for Sheppard to do something.

mcKay trapped in engine room fixing something while explaining to Dr. Keller just how much better he works when someone is threatening him.

Keller trying to figure out how to shoot the P-90 and shoots Rodney in the rear end. Then she freaks!

Sheppard and Ronin, running around and shooting things.

teyla trying to hide baby from Wraith and barricades herself in her room with Micheal the Wraith trying to steal the kid from her.

The captain porter..potter...whatever...comes to the rescue.

Zelenka fixes whatever Rodney can't and then makes a fleeting pass at young doctor. Ronin then threatens to kill Zelenka for hitting on "his chick" later.

scene ends with everyone sitting at a table, patting themselves for a job well done and Zelenka has black eye.
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

LOL! I do think TPTB project far too much onto their characters. Putting a little bit of yourself into your creations is one thing, but when it comes at the expense of the characters themselves it may be time to take a step back and rethink the situation. I suppose an argument could be made that this is the message TPTB want to send, complete with objectifying women, turning men into horndogs and insulting intelligence, but if that's the case it's a message I have no interest in hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                          A complementary misgiving is that TPTB will provide suggestions that Sheppard is interested romantically with any of the female characters on Atlantis, especially Teyla.
                          That's also a huge misgiving of mine - now that Rachel's pregnancy is over, I'm very very fearful of them trying to play up Shep and Teyla.

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
                          Although, according to JM, I think this is the direction they want to go in for Zelenka, which has me scared for S5. Maybe he'll start cross-dressing next! (spoilers for JM's blog)

Spoiler:
                          Itxas lamia writes: “…the most destacable one being the infamous ‘Zelenka bashing’ one.

[…]…honestly I can’t imagine Weir saying such things.”

Answer: In all fairness, there is a scene from the season 3 episode Common Ground in which two dozen pairs of women’s shoes are discovered in Zelenka’s closet including Weir’s missing patent leather pumps. Unfortunately, the scene was cut for time but the deleted footage can still be found among the boxset special features.

Seriously?? He's breaking into people's rooms and stealing their stuff?? They wanted to include that in Common Ground?
                          I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disturbed by that. Good grief - Zelenka was always a great character! Why try to make him into some sort of creep? I'm very fearful for Zelenka in S5.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Look at it this way, if they decide to kill Zelenka off in S5, it'll probably be a blessing- at least if he's dead TPTB won't be able to further destroy his character.

Really, though, it'd be a pretty sad and desperate situation if you want your favorite characters killed off just to spare them any humiliation...

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
                              I think it's simple humor with Zelenka. He is a guy, it is a normal response.
                              Stealing shoes is a normal guy response?
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                Stealing shoes is a normal guy response?
                                stinky socks I can see. But shoes?

Comment

Working...
                                X