This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeRasschaert View Post
    After season 4, I have high hopes for season 5. I really hope I'm not disappointed when it's aired.
    Just a word of warning... having high hopes in Stargate Atlantis is like running in front of a speeding bus... They get crushed like a bug on a windshield if you're not careful.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

[FONT="Georgia"]
      Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      How about Three men and a little life sucking thing?
      A leech?

He can only serve as a compass to "how to be spineless". I like the job Picardo does, Atlantis needs a character like that, someone to be the pain in the mikta from time to time, but a character like that can not be the leader, because that's just ridiculous!
      I really like Woolsey as one of those (how should I put it?) "good" antagonists. Like Kavanaugh (pissy scientist) or sometimes Caldwell (grumpy ship commander) Woolsey is sleazy politician. I geuss you kind of could equate putting Woolsey in charge as putting Kavanaugh or even Rodney in charge. Nw, we wouldn't do that would we? I love those "pain in the mikta" (is that Czech?) characters but with the exception of Caldwell nope I wouldn't put them in charge.

Ronon is very down to Earth, very practical. Both are very brave, stoic and loyal, and also very smart. I like Ronon, I like writing him too, he is a nice character to explore. There's more to him than just frowning and waving his fists around.
      Ronon really is a nice character to explore. And though he has nice 'deep' moments in the show, like talking to Weir in a coma most of the time the writers give him litttle to do exept just that ... frowning and waving his fists around. I like it that he's down to Earth, kinda breaks the 'spiritual alien' cliche. Because we always have Teyla for that - I love the scene where Ronon falls asleep while meditating

You know what, that "Hey McKay you've got a little what!?" line always makes me crack, no matter how stupid it really is. Ford was sweet and could have been really really great. I liked writing him - I did it once or twice I think in my fanfics; he is so much fun to have him around, and it's so good that you can still ahve all of them in fanfics together. *sigh*
      I really liked Ford on the show and though you could argue he could be wallpapered he was an enjoyable character. He had kinda a childish innocence that was lost when he was. I also liked him with Rodney that was always great. The other character that had innocence was Carson (but not in a childish way) and he's gone now too, replaced with the very flat, wanna-be party girl Keller.

I love the characters but I hate the show. How funny is that?
      Same here - I adore all the characters (except Keller) but I hate the show at the moment and what M&M has done to it. The guy needs a happy ending from his wraith!crack tirade and I would also like to see more Ford/Ronon interaction but Mallozzi said something like "I think since the hive ship blew up we could assume he's pretty much dead." Shep at the end of that eppie said he probably survived... To me that was a bit of foreshadowing of 'we will meet again'.

I like that you pointed that out. After three years relationships and patterns of interaction were formed and Elizabeth is a character that can't simply be ignored. She causes reaction, for example, it's enough for her to say "Rodney, I'm not asking" (or something like that) in "Duet" and Rodney stops babbling. Everyone respects her, well everyone except TPTB and that is sad. Now when that is gone, we don't get to see one whole side of Rodney, or John or Ronon.

Elizabeth (Carson too) brought out a lot in the other characters. I really liked Elizabeth and Rodney's interactions together, they were so sweet. Elizabeth also brought out lots in John and I loved her interaction with Ronon. I wish I could see more Elizabeth/Teyla as well as Carson/Teyla.

Specifically regarding Rodney - without Elizabeth and Carson the writers have no control over this character whatsoever IMO.

You can't set a group apart and expect it to function exactly the same as before or even better... imagine pulling out a leg to a spider or a bug. You get yourself a limping insect and then when you add random new characters it's like giving poor bug a pair of crutches. It will never walk/run as gracefully and efortlessly as before. Never ever.
      Aww.... lovely analogy there. I once had a funky diagram with thecharacter's names all attached to each other holding each other together with the recurring characters in the center of extra support, forming a web of sorts. Now its *poof* bye Liz *poof* bye Carson *poof* bye Ford *poof* bye Cadman, Heightmeyer. Another funky diagram I made was simply with Elizabeth and Carson carrying the weight of the others on a simple line. Without them look where we are now.

I don't give a sh_t what new characters TPTB tries to force into our family. The family was always John, Liz, Teyla, Carson, Rodney, Ronon with the support of Ford (yup hes still family to me) and Zelenka and the recurring peeps.

Nothing more. Everyone else is just a part of the ever expanding universe
      Last edited by Reiko; 07 March 2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

My only complaint for the entire season is that I would have killed off any character to have Ford return. And sadly I don't think he will be

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Just a word of warning... having high hopes in Stargate Atlantis is like running in front of a speeding bus... They get crushed like a bug on a windshield if you're not careful.
          There is no light at the end of the tunnel. It's a train coming to run you over

Welcome to the club, GateGod! Wish we could meet in better terms, but, you know ...

Comment

I don't know why there are so many misgivings or complaints but I thought of anther so that means I only have two. I want to see Ford again. and 2. I want to see Sora again

Comment

I got such an image from that, but wouldn't the bug have to be flying?

We laugh here to keep from crying. Oh yes we do.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRasschaert View Post
                My only two complaints are that for the past three seasons we didn't see a season arc like in season 1. Season 2 was to relaxed and so was season 3. Season 4 was something different.
                Still my other complaint is when I noticed in season 3 sateda. In the scene where the team come under attack, they shoot in the air. At first that makes sense to scare them of, but if they keep attacking, it makes the team look weak continuing shooting in the air and not at the ones shooting at them.
                The cast changes; well i can certainly understand that that might set people of and annoy them. It is annoying, but it will be interesting to see how they do it. Personally, they should have kept Weir. She was a good leader, not that Carter is a bad choice either. They are both good leaders of Atlantis. But my preference goes to Weir. Woolsey; how the writers will handle his entrance on Atlantis as leader is questionable at best. We can only sit back and watch how they do it. I think Daniel Jackson would be a better choice of leading the Atlantis expedition. He has had both the militairy and civilian experience. Not to mention he's an expert on the ancients. Or Mitchel, he would also be a good leader.
                If a show goes to much cast changes, it might be good enough to turn of the fans. That Amanda Tapping is leaving for Sanctuary is her right, but in my opinion it is a bad call to have a actor portray a leader of the expedition, only have them show on 14 episodes and expect that he or she would be available to do the same next season.
                One other thing is that the writers really need to flesh out Wraith characters instead of making them one-dimensional like so many Gua-ould were. Todd and Michael are interesting enough and so were Baal, Apophis and Anubis.
                After season 4, I have high hopes for season 5. I really hope I'm not disappointed when it's aired.
                About a year ago, everyone on the antiS4 thread was saying the same

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                [FONT="Georgia"]
                I really like Woolsey as one of those (how should I put it?) "good" antagonists. Like Kavanaugh (pissy scientist) or sometimes Caldwell (grumpy ship commander) Woolsey is sleazy politician. I geuss you kind of could equate putting Woolsey in charge as putting Kavanaugh or even Rodney in charge. Nw, we wouldn't do that would we? I love those "pain in the mikta" (is that Czech?) characters but with the exception of Caldwell nope I wouldn't put them in charge.
                What the...???

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

A leech?

Ronon really is a nice character to explore. And though he has nice 'deep' moments in the show, like talking to Weir in a coma most of the time the writers give him litttle to do exept just that ... frowning and waving his fists around. I like it that he's down to Earth, kinda breaks the 'spiritual alien' cliche. Because we always have Teyla for that - I love the scene where Ronon falls asleep while meditating

I really liked Ford on the show and though you could argue he could be wallpapered he was an enjoyable character. He had kinda a childish innocence that was lost when he was. I also liked him with Rodney that was always great. The other character that had innocence was Carson (but not in a childish way) and he's gone now too, replaced with the very flat, wanna-be party girl Keller.

Same here - I adore all the characters (except Keller) but I hate the show at the moment and what M&M has done to it. The guy needs a happy ending from his wraith!crack tirade and I would also like to see more Ford/Ronon interaction but Mallozzi said something like "I think since the hive ship blew up we could assume he's pretty much dead." Shep at the end of that eppie said he probably survived... To me that was a bit of foreshadowing of 'we will meet again'.

Elizabeth (Carson too) brought out a lot in the other characters. I'm a bit biased here (I lean toward McWeir) but I really liked Elizabeth and Rodney's interactions together, they were so sweet. Elizabeth also brought out lots in John and I loved her interaction with Ronon. I wish I could see more Elizabeth/Teyla as well as Carson/Teyla.

Specifically regarding Rodney - without Elizabeth and Carson the writers have no control over this character whatsoever IMO.

Aww.... lovely analogy there. I once had a funky diagram with thecharacter's names all attached to each other holding each other together with the recurring characters in the center of extra support, forming a web of sorts. Now its *poof* bye Liz *poof* bye Carson *poof* bye Ford *poof* bye Cadman, Heightmeyer. Another funky diagram I made was simply with Elizabeth and Carson carrying the weight of the others on a simple line. Without them look where we are now.

I don't give a sh_t what new characters TPTB tries to force into our family. The family was always John, Liz, Teyla, Carson, Rodney, Ronon with the support of Ford (yup hes still family to me) and Zelenka and the recurring peeps.

Nothing more. Everyone else is just a part of the ever expanding universe
                  I believe 'mikta' is Jaffa language. Czech would be something else altogether. Great post, have a green.

Comment

I say

Spoiler:
                    Bring back the Ori, bring Mitchell and vala and stop calling this Stargate Atlantis. Call things by their real name!
                    The ori are being recycled as wraith like things.

Can't TPTB think originally?
                    sigpic

Comment

Mikta is jaffa language. Oh Teal'c.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        I got such an image from that, but wouldn't the bug have to be flying?
                        Good point... I was clearly mixing up a few mental images.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I expect doom and still get disappointed. Kindred was so pathetic, it's like season 9 SG1 onwards, TPTB have run out of ideas. Shame because many fans have lots.
                          sigpic

Comment

I say

Spoiler:
                            Bring back the Ori, bring Mitchell and vala and stop calling this Stargate Atlantis. Call things by their real name!
                            Best idea I heard so far .

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              What the...???
                              Originally posted by dana View Post
                              I believe 'mikta' is Jaffa language. Czech would be something else altogether.

Oh, okay thanks I didn't watch much of SG1 I know some of you speak Czech here and so I thought it maybe was a Czech word. My bad!

- wanders off to brush up on her Czech. (and Jaffa) -

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
                                I don't know why there are so many misgivings or complaints but I thought of anther so that means I only have two. I want to see Ford again
                                plot hole
                                and 2. I want to see Sora again
                                plot hole

sorry...
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X