This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Carson got a huge send off imo, and he is also coming back now. I wish he was in a few more eps next season, but oh well. That is one of my complaints for next season. We need more Carson.
    Yes, we do. I hope he has major screen time in the 5 episodes they say he'll be in.

Comment

At this point I don't really want to know what they plan to do with Carson. We saw a coffin go through the gate, for cryin' out loud. Yet Weir had to be sacrificed and he is coming back. Tell me just how logical is that? I do love Carson, but what they've done to Weir made me stop watching. Because to some people characters are very important.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Other than Carson's unknown amount of screen time the only other misgiving I have about S5 is....the B-A-B-Y! I really want to know what they intend to do with him. Could you see them keeping him around? I personally think it would hurt the show in the long run.
        Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
        &=AWESOME &Forever
        No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
          Other than Carson's unknown amount of screen time the only other misgiving I have about S5 is....the B-A-B-Y! I really want to know what they intend to do with him. Could you see them keeping him around? I personally think it would hurt the show in the long run.
          I'm nearly 100% sure he'll be written off almost straight away.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
            Look at Rainbow Sun Francks. Aiden Ford is presumably still alive, but has anyone ever tried to find him since The Hive? No. Has anyone on the team even shown signs of missing him? No.
            That makes me sad I guess if your regular and reduced you pretty much get Ford'd. JM hasn't even considered calling Rainbow back to reprise his role, he was all "Well, I think we can assume he got blowed up in the hive." Well, the last scene says differently. It seemed like a foreshadowing. I really want to see Ford again. He needs a happy(ier) ending. And besides, he and Ronon have some fights to finish, if ya know what I mean

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            That is one of my complaints for next season. We need more Carson.
            One of the reasons Carson isn't in as many episodes is because of Amanda leaving as I see it. They needed to balance the male/female ratio so Rachel wasn't the only female. With Woolsey joining they brought Keller on board

This makes me more pissed than ever. Stupid TP could have asked Torri to come back full-time and realise their dumb mistake. If she said yes my bets is we would also get Carson back full-time. In my head, it adds up. But in TP's mind Weir is nothing and Keller is better than Carson and so thatas what we get

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            I do love Carson, but what they've done to Weir made me stop watching. Because to some people characters are very important.
            Same here. With Carson only back five episodes and my other favourite (Weir) gone it's not enough to keep me watching full-time. Seriously - TPTB need to realise with no Carson or Weir there is zip show.

the B-A-B-Y! I really want to know what they intend to do with him. Could you see them keeping him around? I personally think it would hurt the show in the long run.
            I honestly have no clue what they'll do to the wee lad. I think it's hyper-aging or poof is the likely solution

I have basic plots for my alternate season four laid out. Weir is slated to be in 20/20 episodes. I'm still figuring out a way to work in Carson in the first half without it seeming too forced/awkward. We need him back. Or more, we need Keller gone and I'm still deciding how to dispose of send her off

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Yep, I was also fooled to believe that SGA was actually about the expedition as a whole, and not team Shep.
              I thought *that* idea was pretty much nixed with the S1 opening credits. As a friend of mine put it, "As soon as I saw Shep as lead I knew they weren't going to do Weir justice." She (and I) thought that Weir would be the lead (actress). As the show was not called "Stargate: Atlantis-1"... I thought it would be about the expedition, not the SGA lead team.

Oops.

Yeah, I have serious misgivings about S5, mostly revolving around Teyla and the continuation (or not) of her S4 "story arc". (*That* was a story arc???)

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                I'm nearly 100% sure he'll be written off almost straight away.
                Question is; how?
                &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Question is; how?
                  Most likely poorly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's a complaint that applies to all seasons, five included--are we ever going to see Rodney and Teyla talking together as, you know, the friends they supposedly are? There have been only a handfull of scenes with those two alone together in the entire series. Why? I really liked the few bits they had together--the tea ceremony in Tao, Teyla encouraging Rodney in TR.

But I fear that we won't see them together in any meaningful way in season five. If you're going to insist on focusing on characters two at a time, how about putting together characters who are not usually paired onscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                      Most likely poorly.
                      That is exactly what scares the hell out of me!!
                      &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        lol

there are elements that might be interesting for season 5. only time will tell if events will play out 'well' or 'poorly'

but i'm getting that Vala and the Ori sinking feeling all over again.
                        I'm seeing that too...the kid will be the next fast growing freak and then written out or written as a re-curring with an adult actor.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        When I was pregnant I worked in a bar, my boss wouldn't even allow me to to collect glasses let alone bottle up, change barrels or change gas bottles (Not carry them change the taps) What boss, civilian or military, is going to allow a pregnant woman anywhere near arm's or live ammo, it's for her own safty and that of the baby's.
                        exactly, even though on the set they use blanks...still have to place some safety considerations...and in the story as well.

I used to target shoot a lot...when I was expecting, I avoided doing any target shooting and for good reasons. Not only the safety aspects but also the shock from the weapon being discharged and the sheer noise.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                          Here's a complaint that applies to all seasons, five included--are we ever going to see Rodney and Teyla talking together as, you know, the friends they supposedly are? There have been only a handfull of scenes with those two alone together in the entire series. Why? I really liked the few bits they had together--the tea ceremony in Tao, Teyla encouraging Rodney in TR.

But I fear that we won't see them together in any meaningful way in season five. If you're going to insist on focusing on characters two at a time, how about putting together characters who are not usually paired onscreen.
                          I always loved the Rodney and Teyla scene in "The Seige" part 3 when after Rodney installs the ZPM he goes to lay down and says he wants to go to bed. Teyla's reply was priceless. "Shall I tell every remaining Wraith on Atlantis that you are too tired to fight?"

I do hope we get more Teyla and Rodney scenes next season. It would stink if we don't.
                          sigpic

Comment

i remember amanda saying in an interview, towards the end of s8, she was preggers, but hadn't told everyone, only she and a very few others knew. but then there was a battle scene, so she told the stunt guy(s) and i remember reading something about them adding extra padding to her vest
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If you get reduced to recurring, it means you're never coming back.
                              If you get bumped from recurring to regular, you're gonna die. Keller being a "hot chick" might save her, though.

As for the baby, I've thought of another awful way for them to resolve the story: make it so it never happened. Have a story involving time travel where Teyla either has to make the choice between her baby or her friends (*cough*Shep*cough*) or some kind of evil-doers nasty scheme involves wiping the kidlet out of existence. Or heck, just have absolutely no mention of the baby at all and then someone comes along and asks about the kid and everyone thinks he's nuts and Teyla denies ever having been pregnant, but they do some investigating anyway and find some discrepancies. Of course, by then it's far too late to do anything about it and Teyla is simply left to wonder "What if..."

Of course, it'd deny the writers the change to hack up yet another awful cliche and/or blatantly lift plot points from other shows, but hey, it's a possibility. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                If you get reduced to recurring, it means you're never coming back.
                                If you get bumped from recurring to regular, you're gonna die. Keller being a "hot chick" might save her, though.

As for the baby, I've thought of another awful way for them to resolve the story: make it so it never happened. Have a story involving time travel where Teyla either has to make the choice between her baby or her friends (*cough*Shep*cough*) or some kind of evil-doers nasty scheme involves wiping the kidlet out of existence. Or heck, just have absolutely no mention of the baby at all and then someone comes along and asks about the kid and everyone thinks he's nuts and Teyla denies ever having been pregnant, but they do some investigating anyway and find some discrepancies. Of course, by then it's far too late to do anything about it and Teyla is simply left to wonder "What if..."

Of course, it'd deny the writers the change to hack up yet another awful cliche and/or blatantly lift plot points from other shows, but hey, it's a possibility. *shrug*
                                Seems like an idea to me I personally would have preferred that they DIDN'T write the pregnancy into the show....I mean it would have been just as plausible if she disappeared with her people or left Atlantis to find her people and then we see her again in Search and Rescue tiing everyhting back together (ie Michael at some point caught her or something)....We don't see that much of her now anyway so what would be the difference??
                                &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Working...
                                X