This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Personally, I can't wait to see Season 5. Overall, I like where SGA is going.
    By the time the last 4 eps air, everyone is going to be wanting to tune into Season 5!

Spoiler:
    Heck with a 5 episode story arc (418,419,420,501,502) you cannot go wrong, huh?
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know. Probably. I watched SG-1 to the end after all. But the show IMO was never the same after S5, and while I watched to the end I never really enjoyed the show as much as I did those first five seasons.

So I don't know if I'll hold out to the end here or not. I don't think the show is ever going to get back what it lost. It remains to be seen whether they can pull together what they still have left and make a show that I care about watching. I can think of a few things they could do that would make me walk away immediately. I hope they don't go there, but who knows? I wasn't pleased with the last several seasons of SG-1, and so I don't have a lot of reason to have faith here. S4 has been pretty hit and miss with me, so....

The one thing they could do to hold me here is get the team back together. The team is really the only reason I'm still watching here - if they keep breaking them up like they have this season I can't say I'm going to be overly impressed no matter how spectacular their storyarcs are. There again that was a problem with the last few seasons of SG-1. There wasn't a whole lot of "team" there IMO, even after Daniel came back. They had Sam episodes and Daniel episodes and Teal'c episodes and just about everything except team episodes. Kind of like what we're seeing here. I'm hopeful that maybe without having to worry about all the scheduling problems that we will see more of the team. But I'm a little worried that it's just the way Mallozzi likes it. I keep remembering that he once said that Seasons 4, 7, and 8 were his favorites. Since I thought the SG-1 team was at their worst during 7 & 8, it does make me wonder whether things are really going to improve.

Guess we'll see.
      Last edited by Killdeer; 12 February 2008, 08:03 PM.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

The one thing they could do to hold me here is get the team back together. The team is really the only reason I'm still watching here - if they keep breaking them up like they have this season I can't say I'm going to be overly impressed no matter how spectacular their storyarcs are. There again that was a problem with the last few seasons of SG-1. There wasn't a whole lot of "team" there IMO, even after Daniel came back. They had Sam episodes and Daniel episodes and Teal'c episodes and just about everything except team episodes. Kind of like what we're seeing here.

Guess we'll see.
        Well I think we are going to get that again in the last 4 eps. Also because of Rachel's pregnancy it has made it tough to shoot her in the back half of the season. She was taking it easy when they filmed Season 4.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know. Probably. I watched SG-1 to the end after all. But the show IMO was never the same after S5, and while I watched to the end I never really enjoyed the show as much as I did those first five seasons.
          I know what you mean. for me SG-1 was great until RDA left. not just because of him but there were other cast changes and the show felt differently in s9 (which wasn't that good imo) and s10 (which got better but still nowhere near s1-8 imo). but I watched it because it's SG and it was still fun

So I don't know if I'll hold out to the end here or not. I don't think the show is ever going to get back what it lost. It remains to be seen whether they can pull together what they still have left and make a show that I care about watching. I can think of a few things they could do that would make me walk away immediately. I hope they don't go there, but who knows? I wasn't pleased with the last several seasons of SG-1, and so I don't have a lot of reason to have faith here.
          personally I will definitely watch until the end because I somehow feel I owe it to the franchise. sounds crazy I know but SG has helped me through some rough times in the past and just for that I'm really willing to give it a chance. but that's just me

The one thing they could do to hold me here is get the team back together. The team is really the only reason I'm still watching here - if they keep breaking them up like they have this season I can't say I'm going to be overly impressed no matter how spectacular their storyarcs are. There again that was a problem with the last few seasons of SG-1. There wasn't a whole lot of "team" there IMO, even after Daniel came back. They had Sam episodes and Daniel episodes and Teal'c episodes and just about everything except team episodes. Kind of like what we're seeing here.

Guess we'll see.
          I think the last four eps of s4 may change your mind
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            I know what you mean. for me SG-1 was great until RDA left. not just because of him but there were other cast changes and the show felt differently in s9 (which wasn't that good imo) and s10 (which got better but still nowhere near s1-8 imo). but I watched it because it's SG and it was still fun
            Actually, I liked S9 & 10 better than 7 & 8. I was pretty frustrated with the show by the time S8 was over. 9 & 10 had their problems (more than a few), but they did get me interested in the show again.

I think the last four eps of s4 may change your mind
            Three episodes.....I'm not all that worked up about Midway. Nothing wrong with it - it's just not one I've been looking forward to.

And yeah, the last three might make or break it. I've been looking forward to them, but I've been disappointed all season long with how Teyla's arc has been handled. It could be great, and it could still go pretty badly. *thinks about Missing, which was my most anticipated episode of the season. *
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Really this is a good question. Well..... without Wier and her story line I think next season will be boring. That is unless they somehow manage to create some other interesting plot. But really I have no idea.

Comment

I'll definitely be watching. I've been enjoying Season 4 so far, granted there have been things I haven't been happy with, it hasn't been enough for me to throw away the previous ten years of watching this universe unfold.

I'm still watching because I'm still enjoying myself, however, I'd probably still watch even if I hated it, because future stories in other movies/series/better seasons will have to do with what's going on now, even if not directly. I'm a bit of a completist... I don't get involved with anything series/franchise unless I can see every bit of it. That's just me though, I by no means hold others to that standard. That'd be crazy lol.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Yes I am but I am really wavering on that right now. Stef I am with you and Killdeer. I want to see the Daniel episodes and I love Ronon, Teyla, and Zelenka but the direction of season 4 and general feel of the show has changed and there is no balance. Keller has really turned me off and hate her and Ronon together. I am curious about Woosley but I still want Weir as the leader and Beckett as CMO but TPTB don't and don't care what I think.
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Will I be tunning in? Let me think.....nope. I'm not even tuning in this season, except for the occasional episodes Adrift, Lifeline, TMC, and possibly The Kindred I &II, I'm still not sure if I want to just for Carson. So far nothing about season 5 interests me.
                    sigpic
                    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I'll be there... I don't like all that many shows anymore, (really not a big fan of Reality TV), so SGA is a bright spot for me. I love the team episodes the most, and am fond of almost all the supporting characters, but as long as Shep and McKay are still around I'll hang in there with them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Although some of the story lines this year have been a little weak, and I am not happy with losing Carson for the wimpish Keller, not so bothered about Wier (sorry), I have still watched the season so far and will see it out.

I am hoping that although there is no confirmation of a season six, the season five stories will be more gritter, and so far from the leaked information it does so like they will be, so yes I will watch season five.

After all I watched seasons nine & ten of SG1 and they were utter clap trap!

Comment

Definately. I still love Atlantis. Through thick and thin. For better or worse. Til cancellation(or natural end) do we part.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                            Definately. I still love Atlantis. Through thick and thin. For better or worse. Til cancellation(or natural end) do we part.
                            Precisely! In the end, we all care about the characters and what happens to them because they're like old friends. Old, fictional friends you don't talk to often, but friends nonetheless!
                            Spoiler:
                            Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                              Will I be tunning in? Let me think.....nope. I'm not even tuning in this season, except for the occasional episodes Adrift, Lifeline, TMC, and possibly The Kindred I &II, I'm still not sure if I want to just for Carson. So far nothing about season 5 interests me.
                              Oh come on. You mean you aren't on the edge of your seat waiting to see
                              Spoiler:
                              Rodney deliver Teyla's baby. That right there will be worth all the rest. And IMHO that's the best idea they've had all season.

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
                              Precisely! In the end, we all care about the characters and what happens to them because they're like old friends. Old, fictional friends you don't talk to often, but friends nonetheless!
                              So true. Sometimes I think we get more attached to the secondary characters like Zalenka. But in Trio
                              Spoiler:
                              considering how they dissed him, who knows what we can expect.
                              The close connection with the characters is part of the reason for a lot of the frustration IMHO. Take John for example. Little character development for 3+ years, inconsistent writing, this whole Kirk thing which annoys some people and causes others to have to defend him. But for JF's ability to turn the dreck he's given into gold, fewer of us would like his character as much as we do. And admittedly, some find him unlikable. The same can be said of all the characters, especially Weir. I blame the writers for all that. There's no excuse not to write a character as exactly what you intend them to be, but this show is written by a committee and we all know how that usually turns out.

It seems, judging from the forums, that more and more fans are tuning out. The casual viewer will probably continue. I know people that I used to discuss the show with who now say they forgot to watch, so in my little world I can say I agree that the intensity has lessened.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Oh come on. You mean you aren't on the edge of your seat waiting to see
                                Spoiler:
                                Rodney deliver Teyla's baby. That right there will be worth all the rest. And IMHO that's the best idea they've had all season.
                                Please God let that happen thats worth a million filler eps!!!
                                sigpic
                                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Working...
                                X