This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. If she thinks like Weir, acts like Weir, and has Weir's memories/mannerisms then it's Weir, regardless of the physical shell. That says "recast" to me.
    Not really. Recasting usually means there's no mention of the switch in actors. Everything's business as usual.

Like...oh, the recast of Weir back in New Order.

And I was right about her being younger and more buxom, wasn't I?
    Younger, yes. But then, the original Fran was younger, so if they wanted to bring her back to fill the role of Elizabeth (and why not, everyone loved Fran), then she'd be naturally younger, no?

More buxom? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Not really. Recasting usually means there's no mention of the switch in actors. Everything's business as usual.
      Because it's part of the gimmick they're using to pretend that it isn't a recast.

Comment

Alright...

Well, if this counts as a recast, then I say bring it on. I can't wait.

I guess there's nothing wrong with recasting, as long as there's a valid reason, especially when you don't have much of a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Because it's part of the gimmick they're using to pretend that it isn't a recast.
          It's about as much of a recast as when Chris Judge played O'neill in 'Holiday'.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
            I'm not saying don't wrap up the storyline. I just don't want the character recast.
            But that's the problem. The ending of BAMSR makes it very hard to pick up the replicator storyline without having Weir in it.

Personally I reckon that if the PTB have tried to get Tori back and were unable to do so, then a recast is the way to go. I want this storyline to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
              But that's the problem. The ending of BAMSR makes it very hard to pick up the replicator storyline without having Weir in it.

Personally I reckon that if the PTB have tried to get Tori back and were unable to do so, then a recast is the way to go. I want this storyline to continue.
              I don't this was Weir's story I don't give a crap about it unless Weir is in it and Torri is Weir a recast won't do no matter how it is justified. It's not like they haven't left plots hanging before.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                I don't this was Weir's story I don't give a crap about it unless Weir is in it and Torri is Weir a recast won't do no matter how it is justified. It's not like they haven't left plots hanging before.
                Well, they've already said they're going ahead with the story.

I'd be fine personally with a recast of Weir, but it might not even be necessary. Unless that was the real Weir, Replicators change form all the time, so I think it'd be an easy explanation. I've not read any spoilers on the subject, but I'd imagine it wasn't a huge problem for the writers.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                  Well, they've already said they're going ahead with the story.

I'd be fine personally with a recast of Weir, but it might not even be necessary. Unless that was the real Weir, Replicators change form all the time, so I think it'd be an easy explanation. I've not read any spoilers on the subject, but I'd imagine it wasn't a huge problem for the writers.
                  Of course they have gone ahead with. But just cause they've gone ahead with it doesn't mean its a good idea. Since when have the Asurans changed form all the time, they seem to settle on a consistent form for a personality/pyche. It wasn't a huge problem for the writers because they went for a cop out. They could have rewritten the episode to not have Weir involved in the plot. She could still be out there without her being directly involved. They could have just brought FRAN back as FRAN etc. They had a lot of options that would have been better than a half-arsed attempt at recasting with calling it a recast.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't know what they have planned of course, but I would hazard a guess that TPTB have had no trouble moving ahead with the replicator storyline. Since Elizabeth was potentially only going to be in the one episode, I don't suppose it involved a huge restructuring of their plans.

IMO, writing this character down to less than recurring was a bad move and I wish that it had never happened. But, now that it has, and given the fact it doesn't look like the current PTB are going anywhere anytime soon and given the fact Torri declined to reprise the role for the one episode they offered her, I say, don't recast the character.
                    sigpic
                    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                    X