Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend not to get very excited about the term "New Race" anymore, as I am always disappointed!

Remember the Travelers, with all the talk of them being a new Enemy "Race", They turned out just to be Humans living in junkyard ships. Thats not a new race! Its a new race of humans but not in terms of aliens (which is how I view the word "Race" in sci-fi)

I HOPE that this time, for once! The new "Race" is actually an alien! A true alien, with make-up and Cgi, the works! Not just another human or human form robots, as they are getting "BORING" as Urgo would say.

I mean we are in a diffrent galaxy, as so far we only have two aliens races, The Wraith and mist aliens! and hell even the wraith are part human, so that only leaves us with mist aliens, who we can't revist via stargate without killing them!

So what should it be? The Foothold aliens? Furlings (like a bad cult of them?), Pre-Cloned Asgard? Nox? Or something 100% new and very alien looking and very advanced? Lets hope so!

However I doubt my wish will come true again, as it will most likly turn out to be Weirs replicators (but without weir?) or a new genii, shame
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I would like to see such introduced race, which has own ships, costume, traditions, weapons, casts, society, religion or history etc. I liked the Ori, because theirs Priors were so unique that even if they publish a picture about them in a scifi book after years, you will remember and say "they are from Stargate : SG-1!" So I hope the new race will be a major player in the series as the Ori, Asgard, Ancients, Goa'uld, Replicators or Wraith were.
      Last edited by Platschu; 10 February 2008, 08:28 AM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Not going to argue but technically we encoutered two alien races... mist aliens and the crystal aliens

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
          Not going to argue but technically we encoutered two alien races... mist aliens and the crystal aliens
          But they are one-offs and not that cool. We can't even revist the mist aliens without killing them!

I was just thinking, It would be cool if we could get an enemy similar to the "Reapers" from Mass Effect, They could have been the origin to the wraith Hive ships and infact ally with the wraith (or so the wraith think!)
          The Travelers could also known myths about them, They could live within the core of the galaxy.
          They could also have also "sheilded" the wraiths advancement, from the ancients, acting like puppet masters for the PG, slowly using the wraith to shape the galaxy into their needs. Who created them? Some1 long b4 the ancients!
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
            There were the black smoke in Hide and Seek. Maybe were they relatives of Anubis?
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
              But they are one-offs and not that cool. We can't even revist the mist aliens without killing them!

I was just thinking, It would be cool if we could get an enemy similar to the "Reapers" from Mass Effect, They could have been the origin to the wraith Hive ships and infact ally with the wraith (or so the wraith think!)
              The Travelers could also known myths about them, They could live within the core of the galaxy.
              They could also have also "sheilded" the wraiths advancement, from the ancients, acting like puppet masters for the PG, slowly using the wraith to shape the galaxy into their needs. Who created them? Some1 long b4 the ancients!
              That would be great as I've always wondered how the Ancients could have missed so many hive ships or the fact that a race as powerful as themselves.

Comment

I want to see another phase shifting race like the Retu

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                  The Travelers could also known myths about them
                  This has nothing to do with what you said, it just made me think.

The Travelers could be the keepers of a history of the galaxy.

I keep wanting Atlantis to find some group that has been able to keep a history, basically a library (ignoring PTW). Or, better yet, a group advanced enough that they actually study the history of the various planets and track current happenings. Or, even better, a population of living Ancients that ascend after they have lived corporeally and had children.

I’m looking forward to Daniel coming. I like Daniel, but I am more interested in finally having an archeologist on SGA. There is so much about Pegasus to know. Even if the more advanced civilizations and all the Ancient cities, that must have existed, have been destroyed, there is still so much to know about them.

Authentic looking fallen civilizations would be expensive to film, but they would be a good excuse for team adventures through the gate. There should be all kinds of tech (and ZPMs) to find. That is if the Travelers don’t have it all by now. I bet McKay would be interested in their storerooms.
                  sigpic

Comment

If there was another alien race that wasn't human in the Peagasus would the Wraith be able to feed off them?
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

it would be an evil race that atlantis will most time win in battle

but i think it should be a very powerful race that sees fairly primitive humans who uses technology more advanced then their(atlantis expidition) current level of development so they target them

they are like some sort of order to purify worlds or galaxies from becoming powerful unless they develop and become advanced in their own right or evolution
                      sigpic

Comment

asgard would be a cool addiction to the plot, but i think they should bring Ford back with a bigger group of people rather than his like 10 last time

and ya i know ford isnt new but it would still be cool to see him back

Comment

As long as they LOOK like aliens, I'll be happy. I understand the presence of humans everywhere, but something other-worldly is more fun.
                          sigpic

Comment

It would be nice if this new race allied themselves with the wraith. This would put the Atlantis Expedition in the same boat as SG-1 against the Ori initially. Again having to have great strategy instead of relying on their new weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                              I have, but the enemies never seem to be enemies of each other until we reprogramed the Replis. From my perspective, the Atlantis Ex needs to be pwned once and for all. Or at least diminished to about 8 people, because really they're not that powerful to be taking out all these bad guys as easily as they have. None of the bad guys are scary enough for me. The team makes no friends and yet still manage to stay alive as long as they have, always surprises the heck out of me. McKay isn't THAT smart.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Gremlins should take over Atlantis. It's a mysterious new race, who can't eat after midnight. Those things almost took out a whole town, I can't wait for the kind of hijinx they'd bring to Atlantis. Ronon would be shooting a few of them out like pins for comedic relief. Not only that, they're scary as hell. I can see one of them totally macking on Woolsey like in Gremlins 2. Hey, was that Woolsey the young years?! I'll have to check up on that.

Decided to quote myself.

So I finally checked up on that information on that guy in Gremlins 2 that looked like Robert Picardo the young years...

Meh, I was right. It throws you off a bit because he had a full head of hair back then (although it looked a bit ala "hair club for men"). But I will never forget a man raped (cause that's what I saw) by a Gremlin. I never knew if the Gremlin was female or if it was a male Gremlin in drag...to tell you the truth, I don't know which is worst if you were to be raped by a Gremlin.

I wonder of Richard Woolsey would get visions of a past life if Atlantis was taken over by Gremlins.

Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                                As long as they LOOK like aliens, I'll be happy. I understand the presence of humans everywhere, but something other-worldly is more fun.
                                It is so much more Fun! Remember the Serakerns? Or the guys from the Lucian Alliance? They where fun! And the Retu ands Foothold aliens! All great aliens, and Atlantis needs some. I mean the Wraith are cool, but have lost alot of their "alienness" after the whole retrovirus rubbish, and Mikes Bug men don't count as they where created in a lab and so are not "true" aliens!

I would love to see an Alien similar to the "Predator" who uses the wraith to capture "runners" for it to hunt, and in turn its species helps out the wraith in some form? maybe it helped them beat the ancients? or sheild their evolution from the ancients?

However I would like to see more of the Foothold aliens, as I imagine they could have a massive empire, and have some form of alliance with the wraith.

It would be funny if oppisite the 4 great races was another 4 great races of "evil" and they featured the Wraith, the foothold aliens, the ori (now dead) and some new enemy! They could also have been watching the Goa'uld to becoming the 5th race, but never got a chance to invite them.
                                sigpic
                                Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

Working...
                                X