Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a lot of respect for Torri Higginson and i specially appreciate her decision to stay out from S5. Of course would have been nicer to tell the writers this before doing that open end from 'Be all my sins remember'd', but there is no problem.

Still, as GW and TPTB inform as a fact, there will be no Higginson in S5 and consequently i see no reason for making topics as this to this section.

But if you insist, i have to show also my respect to Jodie Foster, probably the best actress all times. God bless her! If you want to discuss her let me know, apparently SGA S5 section became an universal altar. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
      JohnRico - read the most recent 5 or 6 interviews with Torri, and her article at the official Stargate site. I think that would clarify things for you.
      What does it clarify? I read the speedy transcript of an audio interview and it didn't clarify anything...can you name something specific I was supposed to get from it?

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith View Post
      Torri wants to be that way, kill the character for good.
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
        To the statement in bold all I can really come up with is a "Wow". You don't know the actress to even have such a point of view. I recognize you make a distinction and that is where there is a bit of a problem since you are comparing a fictional, non-entital character to a human being with a life. It's her decision whether to stay or not and TPTB is not the IOA.

What's going on in the private life or the feelings why she has chosen to leave are TH's reasons, her final decision should be respected without comments on how you feel about her person which is completely irrelevant as it shouldn't even be reflecting on her as an individual.
        Okay, correction, I don't 'hate, Tori, but I think it was wrong of her to leave. And I was trying to make a point why Tori is NOT like Weir, as some people have been trying to say.
        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

in the end, it doesn't matter if fans feel it's 'wrong' for her to leave, what matters is that TORRI made the decision she felt was right.

Accept it and respect it please. Just as you should respect her
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
            Okay, correction, I don't 'hate, Tori, but I think it was wrong of her to leave. And I was trying to make a point why Tori is NOT like Weir, as some people have been trying to say.

True enough, but it's not realistic to even compare a fictional character to a human being. I found Weir completely lacking of common sense and logic, that doesn't mean TH is the same and that's the point of how ridiculous it is to compare the person to paper character.

As for wrong, I can't decide that for her and neither can you, really. Remember here, it's her decision based on her feelings and her availability and a multitude of complex reasonings and factors we are not privy too as fans. That being said, I'm not in the view of "it was wrong for her to leave."
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              Yep, Torri is a hell of lot of a lot better off with out SGA being held over her head.

She stood up to tptb and got the last laugh imo.

I have gained even more respect for this actress who did exactly what Wier would have done. I think she and weir were much more alike than we thought.

No one should have a previous character held over their head after tptb backed out of the original contract of having her cast as a leading character for 6 years.

You have absolutley no idea what Torri is like and why she decided not to return to Atlantis. Maybe she had other offers, but whatever the reason we are in no position to speculate what Torri's reasons were. Her character didnt work the way the tptb intended, just like Rainbow and Paul and I doubt anyone was holding SGA over her head. It was always her decision to come back or move on. But I would think that Torri decided what was best for her and her career and it wasn't about having the last laugh.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post

The point of this thread, I assume, is to give respect to TH. If one can't do that, then why would one post here?

Comment

along that vein, how about shutting this thread down and creating one for folks to express their good wishes for torri?

Whether we like it or not, she's made the decision that she felt was best. Let's support her and use a thread to show that support.

sigpic

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...75#post7701275

there is is. Go, post your best wishes

and if you want to troll and be a git....go somewhere else.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X