This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Maybe if you're a fiction character within the Stargate universe, but you're not.
    Huh? Oh I forgot you don't get why people like or hate characters on a tv show.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Huh? Oh I forgot you don't get why people like or hate characters on a tv show.
      Not when they dislike them for being as 'ass' or something like that I don't no, it's like they can't separate fiction from reality.

Comment

Not when they dislike them for being as 'ass' or something like that I don't no, it's like they can't separate fiction from reality.
        I can separate fiction from reality but Kavanaugh is an ass among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          I can separate fiction from reality but Kavanaugh is an ass among other things.
          I'm not saying he isn't, but how does that in any way make him a bad character?

Comment

I'm not saying he isn't, but how does that in any way make him a bad character?
            Hmm I see your point. I just can't connect to the character as much as I could other similar characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith My Mind View Post
              do we want Kavanagh in season five????

he's the scientist we all love to hate! he's not been seen for a while and I think it's time he came back, least for a few episodes, couldn't stand home for much longer!!!

wot does everyone else think?
              Nope. No more Kavanaugh please. I just can't watch an SGA episode with him in it and call it entertainment.

Comment

I'd really like to see more of Kavanagh. He adds a lot of great tension to the episodes he's in. 38 Minutes, Critical Mass, Midway--all solid, entertaining, well-paced episodes. I feel like the rest of the team gets along too well sometimes and it gets a little boring.

I don't know if the actor who plays him is available though--he might be working on another project.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Sure! Let's add Kav to s5 along with Woolsey and Keller. Then we can rename the show to "Stargate: Whiners"
                  A spin-off perhaps?
                  I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

That could be really funny, actually. Maybe for just one episode, stick the three of them on a planet somewhere or strand them out in space together. Who would come out the whiniest?

Comment

I think poor Kavanagh is much misunderstood. Whilist he is not my favourite character I do have have some sympothy for him. Imagine trying to do your job knowing that TPTB hate and distrust you, no wonder the poor sod is half paranoid half neurotic. He entertains me, and whenever he is around, there is usually something interesting going on.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                        Um... let me think about this one.... NO

Though, he would make great wraith fodder! lol.

feeding time!

Comment

Kavanagh rocks! He pulls off "cowardly weasel" much better than Woolsey and it's quite satisfying when the others start hating on him.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've always like Kavanaugh. He hasn't really done anything wrong.
                            Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

But he just has that personality that makes you hate him. The way he acts makes up for him not actually doing anything wrong.

I don't find him bad in any way either, but there is something there.
                              sigpic

Comment

I can see where he was annoying in "Letters From Pegasus" but I liked him in "Midway" (I think that was the episode he was in). He was more subdued and likable in my opinion.
                                Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X