• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2 McKay pairings ive always liked are

McKay/Teyla
    McKay/Cadman

Comment

Before Quaranteen I really wanted McKay to get married just so I could see him asking Shep to be his best man, lol. But the way they handled the proposal, I hated it and wouldn't be bothered if we never saw Katie again.

The only pairing that I wouldn't mind seeing and I think could actually work on the show is Sheyla. But the one they are gona go with is Ronon/Keller which I kinda liked before Quaranteen but am now totally against.
      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
        Okay...here's my opinion on all the main character ships (or the ones I can think of)

Shep/Weir - could work
        Shep/Teyla - could work, but I'd rather not see it
        Shep/Carter - wrong on so many levels
        Shep/Keller - wrong on so many levels
        McKay/Weir - could work
        McKay/Teyla - could actually be really interesting
        McKay/Carter - probably wouldn't work
        Mckay/Keller - wrong on so many levels
        Ronon/Weir - could be interesting
        Ronon/Teyla - could work
        Ronon/Carter - would totally not work but could be interesting
        Ronon/Keller - will not work
        Beckett/Weir - could work
        Beckett/Teyla - could be really interesting
        Beckett/Carter - would not work
        Beckett/Keller - probably wouldn't work
        Woolsey/Weir - wrong on so many levels
        Woolsey/Teyla - wrong on so many levels
        Woolsey/Carter - wrong on so many levels
        Woolsey/wrong on so many levels - OMG...wrong wrong wrong!
        Gotta say love your list some of those I didn't even think of .
        In my opinion at this point pairing anyone with Carter would be wrong.
        Teyla/Sheppard I can see somewhat more friendship though. McKay well Katie didn't work for me it seemed forced. Ronan/Keller not so far but I'll wait and see.
        Ronan/Teyla seems more likely but with her baby's father thing it's an unknown.
        Woolsey anyone just wrong awww poor Woolsey
        Beckett/Weir hmm never thought of that
        Have to disagree with Beckett/Keller it could be done but unlikely

I also have to admit to wanting some resolution of ship S/J before Carter leaves or just in passing would be okay as well. A simple tell Jack hi when you get back would work for me. Maybe in her farewell speech mentioning how she loves Atlantis but this xxxx opportunity is too good to pass up and then a casual I'll be glad to resume life with my husband or boyfriend just some indication would be wonderful. Maybe just mentioning she is heading back to Washington instead of Colorado subtle works let the people think what they want.

The best ship in my opinion occurs when 2 actors play off each other and maybe even dislike one another at first to me this is the best, becoming friends first then more later.
        sigpic
        Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Okay...here's my opinion on all the main character ships (or the ones I can think of)

Shep/Weir - could work
          McKay/Weir - could work
          Ronon/Teyla - could work
          I very much agree with these. I have more of a sparky preference myself, but am not completely against Ronan/Keller. The ship makes sense when you consider his former wife has some similarities to Keller.
          SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!!!

Comment

Stargate has never managed to do a 'ship that has not made me cringe. The closest they came was Daniel/Vala because of their antagonistic bantering tension, but I even had issues with that one by the end of the show.

The one ship on Atlantis that I do not want to see ever is John/Teyla. Ronon/Keller is running a fairly close second to that after Quarantine.

I think Stargate should just not attempt to have any ships between main characters (or possibly even ships at all). Not because ship in and of itself is such a bad idea, but because they do it so badly IMO, and so far they've never managed to do it in 14 seasons without damaging the characters involved (again, IMO).
            Last edited by Killdeer; 07 February 2008, 02:28 PM.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Shep/Weir - could work
              Shep/Teyla - could work, but I'd rather not see it
              Shep/Carter - wrong on so many levels
              Shep/Keller - wrong on so many levels
              McKay/Weir - could work
              Mckay/Keller - wrong on so many levels
              Ronon/Weir - could be interesting
              Ronon/Teyla - could work
              Ronon/Carter - would totally not work but could be interesting
              Ronon/Keller - will not work
              Beckett/Weir - could work
              Beckett/Carter - would not work
              Beckett/Keller - probably wouldn't work
              Woolsey/Weir - wrong on so many levels
              Woolsey/Teyla - wrong on so many levels
              Woolsey/Carter - wrong on so many levels
              Woolsey/wrong on so many levels - OMG...wrong wrong wrong!

Shep/Larrin from Travelers - could actually be really interesting

Comment

Originally posted by thunder18 View Post
                Shep/Larrin from Travelers - could actually be really interesting
                That would certainly be the most interesting pairing to me.
                Sheppard off-balance rocks. (Sorry, I like Larrin.)

Not really a pairing, because Larrin is not a main character.
                The fact that it would be temporary helps make it appealing to me.

I never, ever want to see any real main character ships and there are not any that even begin to make sense to me.
                sigpic

Comment

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Viewers see what they like to see. Personally, I don't want any shipping/slashing going on whatsoever, cause TPTB don't have a feeling about how to write romantic situations or even love between two people.

If there has to be shipping/slashing then I prefer it to be in a subtle way and not the in-your-face-kind-of-way. I liked the subtlety for instance between Daniel and Janet, the way Michael and Teryl put in little things.

I kinda liked Laura Cadman and Carson... There was something cute about them dating, even though it was more off-screen than on screen, which was just fine by me. I could fill in the blanks however I wanted to.

I kinda like ship/slash to stay to fanfic where I can play with my favorite pairing to my heart's content. It's not like it would ever happen on screen anyway.

I only want Ship if it's done right
                  Yup, same here...

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  I think Stargate should just not attempt to have any ships between main characters (or possibly even ships at all). Not because ship in and of itself is such a bad idea, but because they do it so badly IMO, and so far they've never managed to do it in 14 seasons without damaging the characters involved (again, IMO).
                  Also good points...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                  X