This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
    Whether or not we all realize it right now, good or bad, we are doing exactly what the writers want us to do.....TALK/DISCUSS ABOUT THIS. This whole thing will and is generating hoopla about and for the show and will get people to watch b/c they will want to see how this will eventually play out. So from that standpoint kudos to the writers of SGA! Whether or not we like the idea of Woosley as the commander people will tune in inorder to make a decision and as much as some people say they won't, they will still watch.
    Uh, no. I can rage on this casting, but I have no intention of watching it. As someone said in another thread - this is SGA's Death Certificate.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

There's two things I want to know:

1) What circumstances makes the IOA replace Sam with Woolsey who is one of their own operatives? So long as it's nothing untoward that's happened to Sam physically or mentally or career wise or personally then I'll be fine with it. But I will be royally p***ed off if TPTB do anything that affects Sam's character in the long run with whatever storyline they've got rattling around in their heads. If I don't like what happens to Sam in S5, then Stargate: Atlantis finishes for me at the end of S4.

2) What the hell did we fans do so wrong to get a character like Woolsey inflicted on us for 20-episodes worth of a season?!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

2) What the hell did we fans do so wrong to get a character like Woolsey inflicted on us for 20-episodes worth of a season?!
        That's a damn good question. I don't watch it any more. It's unbearable the way it is now. With Woolsey as a leader it becomes a joke. TPTB have fallen really LOW.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Here's an important question:

What exactly does Woolsey have command over? Sheppard obviously isn't a fan of him, and all the 304s are under the command of General O'Neill (DHWS).

Won't take long for McKay to turn against him, then he's castrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            I agree with you 110%.... All I can think right now is why? Why, why WHY?

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              Uh, no. I can rage on this casting, but I have no intention of watching it. As someone said in another thread - this is SGA's Death Certificate.
              I wouldn't go that far. There might be some people that don't like it but there are a lot of Trek fans that are probably excited.

Personally, it's not the guy I wanted but I'm not upset about it. It gives them the chance to make Shep a rebelious leader again. That's something that was key to his character from the beginning.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I loved RP when he played the doctor on star trek...but I can't stand woosley. The character is this constant whiner and between Dr. Keller, Rodney McKay and Mr. Woosley the show has now become Stargate the Crying Game.

I can see the scene now:

Dr. Keller: "I have found an exploding tumor on Dr. McKay's CAT scan. I think it should be removed. Any volunteers?"

Dr. McKay: "Any volunteers? We're talking about my life here. I don't wanna die!"

Mr. Woosely: "Don't you think it would be best if we had the bomb squad remove it on the pier? I'll Earth."
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I can't say I'm shocked since I guessed right.
                  Like Fenrir said, this was very predictable. The IOA has always been meddling with the SGC and Atlantis command. Now as to say if Woolsey is a good leader... that's a big step to take.
                  "The Seer" showed that he deals with his mistakes and he will learn from them. I think there will be many clashes with Sheppard and Co. Thankfully the writers will make him grow a bit and he will rely on the Team to make the good calls.
                  So, right now... I'm hopeful.

Comment

Heh... I just told my sister and in her words: "That's DUMB"

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Well, I've never complained about Stargate SG1 or Atlantis but this has really made me think differently of the show and I'm not too confident I'll be watching it.

I think the show needs some stability and I imagine changing the cast around so much would leave the occasional viewer confused.

I was as happy as most people were when Sam joined Atlantis (even though I guessed it would be temporary), but maybe they shouldn't have made her leader. These changes in command leaves me to think their clutching at straws...

Richard Woolsey, in my opinion (!!!!!!!!!!!!), was good appearing when Atlantis was in dire need but commander?! I think the show won't last past season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                        Whether or not we all realize it right now, good or bad, we are doing exactly what the writers want us to do.....TALK/DISCUSS ABOUT THIS. This whole thing will and is generating hoopla about and for the show and will get people to watch b/c they will want to see how this will eventually play out. So from that standpoint kudos to the writers of SGA! Whether or not we like the idea of Woosley as the commander people will tune in inorder to make a decision and as much as some people say they won't, they will still watch.

Nope that's not true at all. When I heard about the changes last season I decided not to watch and I didn't. If people really dislike Woolsey and just from reading posts on this forum and others a lot of people really detest the man then they will not watch the show. Not even to see how things play out. What is the point of watching a character you don't like?
                        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

A stupid idea. Putting someone in command who has no command experience. The writers are desperate. I fear that season 5 will be the beginning of the end for Atlantis. Woolsey is a silly and weak character. I'd rather see the Emergency Medical Hologram from Voyager in command, at least he has some command experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            Personally, it's not the guy I wanted but I'm not upset about it. It gives them the chance to make Shep a rebelious leader again. That's something that was key to his character from the beginning.
                            Exactly! Now it's really military vs civilian again, and although that was the same with Weir, with these two I think were really in for some nice loud scenes! I'm actually getting excited about it! Maybe it looks like a strange choice letting cowardly Woolsey in charge, but I expect the writers to know that Woolsey is that strange choice, and so I trust them to have a good view on that and that they will come up with a great story line for it.
                            Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                            Save Our Seeker!
                            LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                              I wouldn't go that far. There might be some people that don't like it but there are a lot of Trek fans that are probably excited.
                              Trek fans have almost certainly given Stargate a chance already. That's the thing with SF fans - they're very loyal to the SF genre and will try out all the new SF shows. They're either still watching SGA or they didn't like it and stopped watching - the addition of one secondary Trek character definitely isn't going to have an effect on the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
                                A stupid idea. Putting someone in command who has no command experience. The writers are desperate. I fear that season 5 will be the beginning of the end for Atlantis. Woolsey is a silly and weak character. I'd rather see the Emergency Medical Hologram from Voyager in command, at least he has some command experience.
                                Amen to that. EMC at least has a sense of humor.

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                                Here's an important question:

What exactly does Woolsey have command over? Sheppard obviously isn't a fan of him, and all the 304s are under the command of General O'Neill (DHWS).

Won't take long for McKay to turn against him, then he's castrated.
                                This might be the perfect opportunity for McKay to kick @ss.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X