Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone think we should stop asking for stuff?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Fans can have an influence on a decision if there are enough fans wanting it to happen. A good example is "Carson Beckett". Sadly, people of one thread think they speak for the entire fandom. Those dozen or so people make up a very very small group of the total fans. They have to spread their wings better and get themselves on multiple forums and different media sources.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I think Fans can have an influence on a decision if there are enough fans wanting it to happen. A good example is "Carson Beckett". Sadly, people of one thread think they speak for the entire fandom. Those dozen or so people make up a very very small group of the total fans. They have to spread their wings better and get themselves on multiple forums and different media sources.
      As I said just up a bit. The line in the poem about the "late fallen friend" is about Carson - and was penned prior to the deal. In fact pretty much before SCB had really got its feet. I am not saying their efforts were in vein, as they got Atlantis some valuable air time. But I do think its time we all accepted that JM was taking us for a ride and the intention to bring Carson back was there before they even "killed" him off. The hints have been there all along - too many people think the worst and they were ignored. I was always certain that Carson would be back.

The poem and the little quote "no one ever stays dead in Sci Fi" from JM simply proved it in my mind.
      : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
      : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

If the fans stopped asking for things, we wouldn't of got Carson back for the two parter.

I wonder, could I be in Stargate?
        Probably not

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          A lot of people say it was the fans, but to tell you the truth...I don't think so. I don't want to marginalize their unity and what they did; but unfortunately it will appear this way. I had read and heard before when they were planning on getting rid of Beckett (during the rumor of him dying) that he would be in S4. Plus, I believe it was JM (I could be wrong) who even said something to the effect that when they were planning on killing Carson off they were already thinking of ways to bring him back since that would open the door to building up his character more.

I think the Carson fans were given the credit for plans that were already in effect. Again what they did was great, but if the writers didn't want Beckett back or didn't have Beckett already in their minds Beckett wouldn't be back in S4. He would, however, if the Carson fans had the clout they think they had or some think they had he would more likely show up in S5 not S4. So I think it was something "pre-ordained", so to speak, and they were active at the right time.

Take for instance the Weir troop. They were pretty large and organized, to say the least, but they couldn't get Weir in more than 4 eps that JM had said she would be in around the time they were fully organizing or organized. The writers continued on in the path they were planning in going on despite the obvious work of the fans.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

we can't know that. ANd i'm not dissing any of the hard work that they did but...brad adn coop made the decision to 'shake things up' and get rid of carson. Joe never liked it and now it's within his power to change that.

I think that had more of an effect.

Like folks have said in other threads, TPTB love to 'listen' when fans are saying what they want to hear
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If TPTB listen to the fans and screw up the show, then the blame obviously lies with TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                we can't know that. ANd i'm not dissing any of the hard work that they did but...brad adn coop made the decision to 'shake things up' and get rid of carson. Joe never liked it and now it's within his power to change that.

I think that had more of an effect.

Like folks have said in other threads, TPTB love to 'listen' when fans are saying what they want to hear
                ~sigh~ I never said it was a known.

I did say it was my interpretation of the situation, not that it was factual.

I do agree, however relatively, with the last statement.
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                X