Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because neither Weir nor Carter were as irritating and unheroic as Woolsey is/will be. They are both...people-person, as it were. Having constant conflicts between someone as nice as Weir or Carter and Shep would've been uncharacteristic of those two.

Comment

Conflict still happens between nice, people-persons though. I think an underlying conflict between Shep and Carter in regards to finding Weir would have been entirely realistic for both characters. Shep's mad, Carter holds her ground, Shep talks about not leaving people behind, Carter brings up the safety of Atlantis and keeping quiet around the Asurans. That's something that could have happened over several eps instead of what amounted to a handful of lines.

There's some interesting subtext with all this too, about how the two female leaders of Atlantis are "nice" while the new male leader is not and therefore that guarantees conflict. It brings up gender roles and how women tend to be placaters and avoid conflict in order to be seen as nice, while men can be irritating and rude and pursue conflict and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        Conflict still happens between nice, people-persons though. I think an underlying conflict between Shep and Carter in regards to finding Weir would have been entirely realistic for both characters. Shep's mad, Carter holds her ground, Shep talks about not leaving people behind, Carter brings up the safety of Atlantis and keeping quiet around the Asurans. That's something that could have happened over several eps instead of what amounted to a handful of lines.
        Except conflict between a superior officer and you just doesnt happen. You can suggest something but in the end he/she are numero uno. With Weir yeah there was some conflict but I can see way more in this instance.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Plea to the writers: How about bringing in a Goa'uld infested Wraith. I think they would make a great storyline.

Comment

True, but really, I was just hoping for someone different than the usual leader-type. The conflict will just be a bonus for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              True, but really, I was just hoping for someone different than the usual leader-type. The conflict will just be a bonus for me.
              Agreed.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                Plea to the writers: How about bringing in a Goa'uld infested Wraith. I think they would make a great storyline.
                What...the...hell?

Just no. Whats wrong with bringing in a NEW baddy and making it original....?
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                  What...the...hell?

Nothing at all. That would be fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                    What...the...hell?

I see nothing wrong with having a goa'uld infested wraith to atlantis. Like make it a one off like in critical mass.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

What...the...hell?

The last time they did that, we got the Ori. You wanna roll those dice???
                      : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                      : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                        The last time they did that, we got the Ori. You wanna roll those dice???
                        Hell...if we could get an enemy of the same caliber as the Ori again, yes please!

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                        Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                          Hell...if we could get an enemy of the same caliber as the Ori again, yes please!
                          I concur!

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                            I have no problem with the "Ori" as a bad guy. Just the manner in which they were handled. And their so easy to defeat-ness.
                            : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                            : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Working...
                            X