This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
    I know, I know, people prefer SG-1 to Atlantis....But slowly transforming Atlantis into SG-1 isn't the way out. Its called laziness.
    I don't prefer SG-1 to atlantis. In fact, when the two were running at the same time, I preferred Atlantis. Still do.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      The replacements for next season is out of necessity, not choice.
      Just a thought, but if they hadn't made the decisions they made by choice, ie: getting rid of Beckett and Weir, which served to do nothing more than stir up fandom and make a lot of people quit watching, they wouldn't be in this predicament.

They could have still had Amanda in guest appearances. They could still have introduced Jewel if they really wanted her, but in a more appropriate part (I could see her as a young captain along the lines of this Alison Porter character. She's much more suited to that than she is to playing a CMO, IMO) Having her there in that sort of role would have meant they wouldn't have had to look around for a replacement for Teyla, if Rachel goes on maternity leave as is predicted.

Comment

That's a nice thought, but it's a slippery slope. Technically, if they never concieved of Atlantis, then they wouldn't have this problem either. See, there's no limit to how far back their decisions go.

We must look forward.

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
          Carson was poorly utilized, but definitely not given too much screentime as far as I'm concerned. As that is a problem with the writing, you would think the solution would be to be more creative.

Would green you if I could.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          In season one he was in 13/20 eps. 12/20 in season 2, and 13 in season 3. Way too many IMO as many he did not need to be in.
          Well, it is IMO Anyways, Keller's currently at 9. My bet is she'll make it to 11. Which is pretty close to 12/13.

To me he couldn't have been in enough. Besides, he adds to the dynamic and I find him really cute =] Something Keller doesn't do.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
            Just a thought, but if they hadn't made the decisions they made by choice, ie: getting rid of Beckett and Weir, which served to do nothing more than stir up fandom and make a lot of people quit watching, they wouldn't be in this predicament.

They could have still had Amanda in guest appearances. They could still have introduced Jewel if they really wanted her, but in a more appropriate part (I could see her as a young captain along the lines of this Alison Porter character. She's much more suited to that than she is to playing a CMO, IMO) Having her there in that sort of role would have meant they wouldn't have had to look around for a replacement for Teyla, if Rachel goes on maternity leave as is predicted.
            Good example of poor management skills. Beckett and Wier were in fact selling points of their product. A product that already had issues to begin with. Poor over all story arc, many filler eps and a few ep that were real stink bombs...like Irresistible.

The last thing you want to do is take away your selling points when you have a product that already has issues. They just created more issues and never addressed the issues already there.

It reminds me of when Coke tried to replace the formula and introduced...New Coke...and the sales tanked because it wasn't the product the customers were used to buying. Of course, Coke fixed it real fast...after losing millions in sales.

Now we got New Atlantis and the formula just isn't working for my taste buds. But I'm not sure what the new formula will come out as with SGA.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

mappalazarou, I understand your frustration and identify.
              I think the spoilers for this season will probably be the deciding factor for me.
              I wasn't sure whether to give season 4 a chance, but the way it turned out,
              if spoilers for season 5 don't bode for considerable change, I'm going to give up on stargate after 11 faithful years
              one or two enjoyable episodes a year isn't enough to keep me going

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                Now we got New Atlantis and the formula just isn't working for my taste buds. But I'm not sure what the new formula will come out as with SGA.
                Lots of shake ups these past 4 years. Maybe if I stick around long enough I'll luck out on a formula where I can start loving the show again. Each season is like rolling dice. Or spinning the Wheel of Fortune. Come on, big money!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Lots of shake ups these past 4 years. Maybe if I stick around long enough I'll luck out on a formula where I can start loving the show again. Each season is like rolling dice. Or spinning the Wheel of Fortune. Come on, big money!
                  LOL...I don't know about the show "spinning the wheel of fortune." More like Russian Roulette. So far no bullet in the chamber...not sure what type of revolver they are playing with. If it's a six shooter...they have a 50/50 chance of shooting themselves.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                    mappalazarou, I understand your frustration and identify.
                    I think the spoilers for this season will probably be the deciding factor for me.
                    I wasn't sure whether to give season 4 a chance, but the way it turned out,
                    if spoilers for season 5 don't bode for considerable change, I'm going to give up on stargate after 11 faithful years
                    one or two enjoyable episodes a year isn't enough to keep me going
                    2 enjoyable episodes? You a hard one to please. I've personally enjoyed 10 episodes so far and I think I'm going to like 4 more. Season 4 has been much better then 2 or 3, imo, and I'm looking forward to season 5.

Comment

It's all subjective, of course. So far I'd only rewatch 3, maybe 4 of the eps in s4. That's less than s3 and s2, and far far less than s1.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      LOL...I don't know about the show "spinning the wheel of fortune." More like Russian Roulette. So far no bullet in the chamber...not sure what type of revolver they are playing with. If it's a six shooter...they have a 50/50 chance of shooting themselves.
                      Are they aiming at themselves though? Because a lot of actors have been "shot" along the way...

Comment

What was wrong with Season 4? I thought the character moments were great. Even Weir got a new story direction they are bringing back next season. They faced bigger challenges. I also think the best of this season is yet to come. I predict by the time "The Last Man" airs, a lot of folks are going to be very impressed with the writing.

Also, since I've seen the inside numbers for the viewers and whatnot compared to last season and this season, people are NOT losing interest. But this is not the thread to discuss that.

All I want from the writers next season is..

1.) Carson Beckett back in a recurring role
                        2.) A leader that can be more than just a supportive role sorta how Weir was. Carter only filled one of Weir's shoes, imo

3.) Weir returns for a decent amount of eps to continue this very interesting story arc they introduced. Don't make her development go in vain.

4.) More Team eps. I want to see the 4-person team together like we used to.

5.) More Exploration of the pegasus galaxy. Are there more allies and technology out there?

Everything else, I am cool with.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          What was wrong with Season 4? I thought the character moments were great. Even Weir got a new story direction they are bringing back next season. They faced bigger challenges. I also think the best of this season is yet to come. I predict by the time "The Last Man" airs, a lot of folks are going to be very impressed with the writing.
                          The last 4 eps could be great, best ever, I'm talking "Storm/Eye" fantastic, but sadly that won't be enough to erase a mediocre season for me. I had lots of problems with the season, most of which you've read elsewhere so I won't repost them here.

Also, since I've seen the inside numbers for the viewers and whatnot compared to last season and this season, people are NOT losing interest. But this is not the thread to discuss that.
                          Agreed, this is the wrong thread for whipping out those numbers. But here's something to think about - I'm losing interest in the show but right now I'm still watching. The numbers could be holding steady because people are still interested in the show, people are losing interest but haven't left yet, or people are bored but don't have any new network shows to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            The last 4 eps could be great, best ever, I'm talking "Storm/Eye" fantastic, but sadly that won't be enough to erase a mediocre season for me. I had lots of problems with the season, most of which you've read elsewhere so I won't repost them here.

Yeah I have read your posts, and quite honestly sometimes I think you sorta like this season.

Agreed, this is the wrong thread for whipping out those numbers. But here's something to think about - I'm losing interest in the show but right now I'm still watching. The numbers could be holding steady because people are still interested in the show, people are losing interest but haven't left yet, or people are bored but don't have any new network shows to watch.
                            Depending on this cast news, it could either help or hurt the show. Well people who don't like Carter will be happy. People who want Beckett back will be very happy, and people who hate Keller will not be happy but might be happy if Carson is back. People who want a new leader will be happy, but people who love Carter won't be happy. Ok I think I lost myself at "cast news"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Well, it is IMO Anyways, Keller's currently at 9. My bet is she'll make it to 11. Which is pretty close to 12/13.

To me he couldn't have been in enough. Besides, he adds to the dynamic and I find him really cute =] Something Keller doesn't do.
                              I loved Carson too so don't get the wrong idea. There were just some eps he was in that didn't need him. The Ark and Trinity for example. He did add alot to the show and I'm glad he could be in season five. I do disagree on Keller though.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                                Anti thread retread, move along.
                                Nope, this thread appears to be an open discussion thread, and the fact that it was initiated with criticismes and complaints does not preclude dissenters from arguing politely, as is their wont

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X