This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    True. I think Mitch rocks and has one hell of a leadership presence, so I'd be quite happy with his appointment.
    Well, as I've said, I'm not the fan of Caldwell that a lot of people are - maybe it's because I don't have the X-Files background for the actor. I'd have a hard time with him in the role, but....we'll see. I guess it's not the worst thing that could happen. *trying to embrace positivity*
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      Well, as I've said, I'm not the fan of Caldwell that a lot of people are - maybe it's because I don't have the X-Files background for the actor. I'd have a hard time with him in the role, but....we'll see. I guess it's not the worst thing that could happen. *trying to embrace positivity*
      You're probably safe for that reason- there is an X-Files film in production right now (which he presumebly is in) and would probably intefere with S5 filming to much.

Comment

When he mentioned “it” Todd popped into my mind, though I definitely don’t think it will be Todd..
        I thought that it could possibly be Daniel, but i don't think that he would make a good leader, though he is the foremost expert on the ancients in the Milky Way

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        the new boss will be a man.
        I think it will be too..
        sigpic

Comment

My first thought was Daniel--he's the closest to Weir of all the other possible candidates I can think of--but I agree that it would be a stretch to have him in a leadership role. Although, come to think of it, he has ascended multiple times and is an expert on the Ancients. And his character has gotten a lot tougher over the years. Not to mention his firsthand experience with saving the world. But in the end, I think he'd be too distracted by every pretty shiny artifact or scrap of writing to run the city and make quick command decisions.

My favorite choice for the position would definitely be Jack--I bet Atlantis would be more fun than commanding the SGC, and if Carter were there...well. Plus, his utter lack of diplomacy skills could be really fun to watch. And imagine all the trouble he and Sheppard could get into!

Comment

My personal picks would be either Col. Dixon or Col. Caldwell.

A little Woolsey goes a long way, and since he is another whiner, I couldn't put up with him and Keller. I'd give up this show completely if I had to sit through both of them.

Daniel wouldn't work, IMO. He needs to be out in the field, not playing administrator. It didn't work for Carter. It won't work for Daniel either.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

The guy doesn't have much of a spine-it's hard to picture him as leader.
              EXACTLY. He'll be a puppet of the IOA, which will ensure conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Yeah, but that would get really old, really fast...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Yeeaahhh....but..... I'm all for some conflict, but I want to be able to respect the leader at least. I don't have much respect for Woolsey.

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                  Yeah, but that would get really old, really fast...
                  Exactly. It wouldn't be bad as maybe a one shot thing, kinda like General Bauer was (although I don't think Woolsey is as bad as General Bauer). But for a whole season?

Also, wasn't part of the big thing with bringing Carter over the militarization factor? They wanted military in charge? Woolsey is definitely not military.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                    i think the big question is the next leader going to be military or civilian
                    I'm 93.8% sure it'll be military.

Comment

i think the big question is the next leader going to be military or civilian
                      Yeah, that's the thing. Going back to a civilian leader would just make people wonder why they got rid of Weir. I think they'll stick with military.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's the thing. Going back to a civilian leader would just make people wonder why they got rid of Weir. I think they'll stick with military.
                        Definitely some sort of military affiliation will be important because of the "Wraith threat" that Earth is all worried about. A couple space vampires suck the life outta a couple people and the whole place go nuts... LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

How about that one dude from Lost City that debriefed Hayes on the Stargate Program ? He was awesome sticking up for SG-1 & Teal'C

Comment

Yep good point, i'd be like taking a step backwards

woudln't have any troulbe with fishing
                            sigpic

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I think it's going to be Caldwell.

Considering some of the choices that have been put forth here , I guess it's not such a bad idea, although Caldwell's not a favorite of mine.

I would still have liked Col Dixon - ah well, I still have Casey (Adam Baldwin's character on Chuck).
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              sigpic

Comment

Adam is not even doing Chuck thanks to the strike which is not ending anytime soon. So surely he can do a recurring role if he wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                                X