Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Weir does not come back as a commander or any position of trust. Not because I don't like the character, but because it'll contradict all the previous incidents where a replicator is considered a security risk by the team or the IOA. If they trust Weir again after she has been with the replicators for so long, they would be breaking their own logic.

As for Woolsey, it's not exactly unheard of that a political entity has placed someone who really wasn't suited for leadership in a position of power, even in real life. It makes perfect sense for the IOA to put him there after all the times they've questioned Atlantis' administration. This will open a bunch of story possibilities.

Anyone who wants the Chinese IOA representative to be given command hasn't really considered that there's no way that the US would allow that. Even though Atlantis is IOA, the Americans have the most influence over it. They control the Stargate program and all the ships, as well as most of the technology.

Comment

So its woolsey eh, meh ive always liked him so im not that sad about it, i think atlantis needs a propper accountant style leader, the charismatic likables are getting old lol, carter should be on a ship IMO.
      We also get Daniel for a couple of eps, YAY.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...lantisi_.shtml
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by 1138 View Post
        I hope Weir does not come back as a commander or any position of trust. Not because I don't like the character, but because it'll contradict all the previous incidents where a replicator is considered a security risk by the team or the IOA. If they trust Weir again after she has been with the replicators for so long, they would be breaking their own logic.
        As for Woolsey, it's not exactly unheard of that a political entity has placed someone who really wasn't suited for leadership in a position of power, even in real life. It makes perfect sense for the IOA to put him there after all the times they've questioned Atlantis' administration. This will open a bunch of story possibilities.

Anyone who wants the Chinese IOA representative to be given command hasn't really considered that there's no way that the US would allow that. Even though Atlantis is IOA, the Americans have the most influence over it. They control the Stargate program and all the ships, as well as most of the technology.

That is something I totally agree with you on. All of the Weir fans out there who feel slighted or mad that we won't be seeing her a as main character again...need to realize how unrealistic it would be for them to free her from the replicators after all this time and then put her back in charge of Atlantis. It is not a criticism of Weir or her abilities to lead...it is just realistic fact.

Yeah the stargate program has always been an American/ Air Force project. They would never allow anyone other an American to run the project b/c the US found the gate, made it work and were the first ones to go through it. Plus we came up with most, if not all of the technological advances. By putting another country in charge it would make it seem as though America has passed the baton of power regarding command of all things Stargate.
        Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
        &=AWESOME &Forever
        No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          i bet McKay will be complaining about not getting the job
          LOL! I bet you're right! LOL!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
            LOL! I bet you're right! LOL!
            he was upset about not getting it in season 4
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
              That is something I totally agree with you on. All of the Weir fans out there who feel slighted or mad that we won't be seeing her a as main character again...need to realize how unrealistic it would be for them to free her from the replicators after all this time and then put her back in charge of Atlantis. It is not a criticism of Weir or her abilities to lead...it is just realistic fact.
              Eh, you can go either way with that. It isn't "realistic fact" that Keller could be in charge of the Atlantis medical program with her lack of experience, but people are willing to let that go...

Comment

Yeah the stargate program has always been an American/ Air Force project. They would never allow anyone other an American to run the project b/c the US found the gate, made it work and were the first ones to go through it. Plus we came up with most, if not all of the technological advances. By putting another country in charge it would make it seem as though America has passed the baton of power regarding command of all things Stargate.
                But the Russians and Chinese can always threaten to take the gate and start their own program again...And the US didn't come up with any technological advancements. They were given everything by aliens. True, they worked with what they got, but a lot of other nations could have done just that(most of the brilliant scientific minds of all time were anything but American, afterall), had they been the ones running the program.

Comment

Can you imagine Shep following his orders? 'Cause I sure can't!

Unless maybe since Sam will still be there, he will report to her?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                    Woolsey can't pull military rank on Shep either, so his leadership is really toothless compared to Carter's.

"Don't make me call the IOA on you!"

Comment

Atlantis Season 5 - subtitle: Mutiny on the Bounty
                      Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post

Unless maybe since Sam will still be there, he will report to her?
                        At least we know we will get conflict and drama and hell, they won't even have to leave the city to get it!! LOL
                        Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                        &=AWESOME &Forever
                        No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

At least we know we will get conflict and drama and hell, they won't even have to leave the city to get it!! LOL
                          Oooo! Conflict and drama! Whoo!

Comment

Oh... so I was... right. In my initial assessment. Well, frell, remains to be seen whether that's a good thing.

Still -- past history with this character positive in the eyes of the fans or not, Picardo is a first-grade actor who will surprise the masses with his ability to convey... whatever it is he conveys. So I have hope that this will end up alright in the end. No, more than alright.
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Is anyone annoyed that theres been 4 leaders of Atlantis in 5 Seasons now. Weir, Everett, Carter, Woolsey...Its too much IMO. Though Everett only relieved her of command until he got put out of action a few days later.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                                Is anyone annoyed that theres been 4 leaders of Atlantis in 5 Seasons now. Weir, Everett, Carter, Woolsey...Its too much IMO. Though Everett only relieved her of command until he got put out of action a few days later.
                                Well in 5 seasons SG-1 had 4 leaders. From season 7-10 they had Hammond, Weir, O'neill and Landry.

Comment

Working...
                                X