X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    I believe that JM said that it would be a "familiar face."
    'familiar face' could also mean 'actor that's been on the show before but in a different role
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      'familiar face' could also mean 'actor that's been on the show before but in a different role
      Yeah, I've thought about that as well...But who could it be? And didn't he also say that they were in the running when they offed Weir?

Comment

Just no more SG-1 characters! TPTB should let go of that show already.
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I want to see Michael Ironside as the Atlantis Commander

Ironside - Everyone fights & no one quits do you get me
          McKay - No not really no

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            Yeah, I've thought about that as well...But who could it be? And didn't he also say that they were in the running when they offed Weir?
            Which makes it that much more confusing.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! Monday can't come soon enough!!!!

Comment

JM said that it is someone who they considered bringing over before so sounds like an established character.
                I think Caldwell or Woosley would be the best canidates. I'd rather have Caldwell though. He had some good chemistry with the cast. They need to keep a familar face and brining someone new could truly hurt the show and take a huge risk.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Familar to Atlantis or SG in general? I wonder.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  I think Caldwell or Woosley would be the best canidates. I'd rather have Caldwell though. He had some good chemistry with the cast. They need to keep a familar face and brining someone new could truly hurt the show and take a huge risk.
                  Agreed.

Familar to Atlantis or SG in general? I wonder.
                  Me too.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think it's Caldwell or Ellis. according to imdb MP is doing nothing so far in 2008 so it may be him (yes I know, never trust imdb but still...)
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      I think it's Caldwell or Ellis. according to imdb MP is doing nothing so far in 2008 so it may be him (yes I know, never trust imdb but still...)
                      I would put money on Caldwell myself.

Perhaps he gets promoted to General gets command of Atlantis and Sam gets command of the Deadalus, that way she can pop in and out when Sanctuary allows.
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Bringing in 'teh Mitch' would be something of a nice compromise, too. Keeping true to Atlantis roots, plus Pileggi is strong and manly--that seems cheesy to say, but he's the most 'masculine' of any character I've seen. He's not wishy-washy and he's very by the book serious. I think having him in charge, with guest appearances by Daniel to keep SG-1 involved (presuming that's what TPTB want) would be a better balance, IMO, than flipping it around.

If I have to have someone other than Weir, I'd take Caldwell any day. Especially when we get to the Weir eppies and Sheppard has to challenge Caldwell on what to do about the situation, because I'm sure, if Caldwell is the commander, that's where it would be headed. Reverse of "Conversion".
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          Bringing in 'teh Mitch' would be something of a nice compromise, too. Keeping true to Atlantis roots, plus Pileggi is strong and manly--that seems cheesy to say, but he's the most 'masculine' of any character I've seen. He's not wishy-washy and he's very by the book serious. I think having him in charge, with guest appearances by Daniel to keep SG-1 involved (presuming that's what TPTB want) would be a better balance, IMO, than flipping it around.

If I have to have someone other than Weir, I'd take Caldwell any day. Especially when we get to the Weir eppies and Sheppard has to challenge Caldwell on what to do about the situation, because I'm sure, if Caldwell is the commander, that's where it would be headed. Reverse of "Conversion".
                          Indeed, but Caldwell has come to respect the team, so I don't see him being as confrontational as he was in season 2. He'd know when and how to put John in his place, but he wouldn't be unreasonable either. I really DO think he'd be best for the job... I do hope it's him, but I'm not holding my breath on it...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                            I would put money on Caldwell myself.

Perhaps he gets promoted to General gets command of Atlantis and Sam gets command of the Deadalus, that way she can pop in and out when Sanctuary allows.
                            that may indeed be what'll happen although I hope they don't promote him, Atlantis needs a Col imo, not a General. I'm curious about Carter myself. will she rejoin R&D? take command of a ship? join the SGC scientists? who knows
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Well, getting command of a ship is kind of a step back, so I don't see that happening. Go back to the SGC or something else on Earth. And Caldwell is a full colonel, just like Sam. He doesn't need to be promoted. Someone new can take command of the Daedalus. Though, part of the Daeddy's charm is Caldwell himslf. He's been there from the first time it was introduced. If Caldwell leaves the Daedalus, I'd rather see it destroyed...

Comment

Agreed.

Me too.
                                Yeah it should be very interesting. I admit, I am a little nervous.

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                Hmm well MP has been received very well I think by the SGA fans when he came on in Season 2. Some people they immediatley loved him, others he grew on them. So I think he would be the wise choice, and I think it will soften the blow of Amanda leaving. It would make sense story-wise, and it would be putting a familar face in the leadership position.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

As much as I love Weir, her returning as leader would not work at all next season. Like I said above Caldwell is a very good choice, imo. I would actually be very happy if that was the choice.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X