This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Well, I think that was one of the reasons, the other was that they did not have a direction for Weir, or they did but being leader of Atlantis was not going to make sense with this direction.
    Well, I don't know. I think a military commander is more likely, because of the reasons you've stated, but I personally would like a civilian commander again, even if it's not Weir. Don't get me wrong, I wish they'd never written her out in the first place, but I can't change the past.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

There's one thing a friend reminded me of with Woolsey. Wasn't there an ep recently where he said something along the lines of not wanting leadership himself (or for the IOA) because of just how difficult the desicions involved were? I think it was to Sam.

Comment

^Yeah, he said something like that in "The Seer". However, the entirety of my idea stems from the fact that he won't really be the leader; the IOA will be. He is their puppet, but hopefully, through the season, he will develop into a more agreeable person. This really goes back to the idea that he is too weak to be a leader. That's true, but it won't matter because the IOA will be the ones who will really lead.

In fact, I've already got an idea for a story for him if there should be a single episode focused on his character (and assuming he is the new commander...man, I'm really getting ahead of myself here). Imagine that he has to dial Earth every once in a while to speak with the IOA, and imagine that one day, the gate breaks down, and he has to handle the current situation by himself. It would be facinating, IMHO.

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
        PG15 I would give it up. Just about no one likes that Richard guy or he IOA. You are all alone with that one
        It's not about whether people like them or not; it's about whether they can be used to tell interesting stories.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        The problem with Woosley being in charge is that he is a civillian. I thought they got rid of Weir because they wanted a military person leading the expedition. As a Weir fan I would be annoyed if a civillian came aboard, since it was the major reason for Weir's removal by TPTB.
        Ah, but see, there is a difference here. It's not so black and white as "military or civillian". Was Carter put in charge because the Pegasus galaxy is now a more dangerous place? Yeah, perhaps, but she was also placed there by the IOA, among others. They are really the top boss here. If they put Woolsey in, it won't be because they want a civillian again; instead, it's because they want one of their own so they can better control Atlantis.

In terms of out-of-universe explanations, I can see TPTB doing this as a way to (once again) inject conflict into the series. We all know that it WON'T be a good idea to put Woolsey in, and that's why it'll be fun to watch.

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
        I am inclined not to bet against both PG15 and Darren when they think it'll be Woolsey, too. I think just going by the forums it would be a pretty contreversial change though.
        Aren't they all?

But again, this is just a gut feeling. If it were Caldwell, I'd be happy too, because there will still be conflict, and I like him. But besides those two, I really can't think of anyone else that's realistic.

It's not like I know any inside info (although Darren might. ).

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        The more I think about PG15's Woolsey idea, the more sold on it I'm getting. I think I would actually like that better than Caldwell. I have a feeling they'll stay with military, but it'd be nice to go back to a civilian leader (effectively putting Shep back in charge of the military), and Woolsey would certainly shake things up. I didn't think I would like having him around all the time, but the more I think about the possibilities, the more I think it could work.....
        Yes, I have a convert, sort of!
        Last edited by PG15; 02 February 2008, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Well, I don't know. I think a military commander is more likely, because of the reasons you've stated, but I personally would like a civilian commander again, even if it's not Weir. Don't get me wrong, I wish they'd never written her out in the first place, but I can't change the past.
          Yeah a military commander is more likely but just trying to figure out who is tough. I doubt it is Daniel because I doubt he would want it. As per Weir I still think it was the right move.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well, PG15, because you insist on Woolsey, I hope you're right. I hope he becomes leader and, 3 episodes in, he realises just how much he respects the team and tells the IOA to **** off. Then, towards the end of the season, Todd feeds on him.

Comment

I like both Caldwell and Woosley, so I'd be fine with either one of them. I've only seen Picardo in a few roles other than on Voyager and Stargate, but I've never yet found him to be a disappointment, so I throw my vote behind him.

Do we absolutely know that it will be an already established character, or are we shooting in the dark here? Could it be someone new?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                Do we absolutely know that it will be an already established character, or are we shooting in the dark here? Could it be someone new?
                I believe that JM said that it would be a "familiar face."
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Well, JM said it's a familiar face...

Comment

It's interesting to see all the predictions on this thread. I just had an interesting thought though...

what is monday's big announcement is to that JF who plays sheppard is leaving? Hmm....

for that matter it could be to announce that Mckay's sister is coming in as leader!

Jeannie as leader? Hmmm....
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      In fact, I've already got an idea for a story for him if there should be a single episode focused on his character (and assuming he is the new commander...man, I'm really getting ahead of myself here). Imagine that he has to dial Earth every once in a while to speak with the IOA, and imagine that one day, the gate breaks down, and he has to handle the current situation by himself. It would be facinating, IMHO.
                      Yeah, Zero Hour was one of my favourite SG-1 episodes. I can see a Woolsy episode along similar lines. Kinda like Data's Day or whatever it was called off TNG, or Doctor's Orders or whatever it was called from Enterprise. Follow around a single character in a situation where they are tossed out of their element and where they have to make decisions on their own that they would normally have assistance with.

I often like such episodes in any genre.
                      I believe that JM said that it would be a "familiar face."
                      Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                      Well, JM said it's a familiar face...
                      Ok, cool.

Comment

I like both Caldwell and Woosley, so I'd be fine with either one of them. I've only seen Picardo in a few roles other than on Voyager and Stargate, but I've never yet found him to be a disappointment, so I throw my vote behind him.

JM said that it is someone who they considered bringing over before so sounds like an established character.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          JM said that it is someone who they considered bringing over before so sounds like an established character.
                          Yup... I'm hoping for Caldwell

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                            Well, PG15, because you insist on Woolsey, I hope you're right. I hope he becomes leader and, 3 episodes in, he realises just how much he respects the team and tells the IOA to **** off. Then, towards the end of the season, Todd feeds on him.
                            Do I detect a hint of vengefulness? You know, it ain't healthy.

Comment

You know, I've been rather doubtful about the idea of Daniel coming over, just mainly because I really didn't think TPTB would do that. And I still mostly don't; however....

Here's something else to consider. I think we all mostly probably agree that one of the reasons for choosing Amanda out of the available choices to replace Torri was the factor of bringing over SG-1 viewers to Atlantis. Carter is a very popular character. But now she's leaving, and if TPTB are worried about losing those viewers, they might try to hold onto them by replacing her with another very popular SG-1 character - Daniel.

I still can't quite see Daniel in this job. But out of the options, Daniel would probably be the one to attract the most viewers who aren't already watching (short of Jack, of course, but I'm assuming RDA is out of the running). Of course, they also have to think about how many other people they would lose by bringing over yet another SG-1 character.....

It's just a thought. And probably won't happen.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Do I detect a hint of vengefulness? You know, it ain't healthy.
                                Vengeful? Me? Oh, goodness, no!!! *nervous laughter*

Comment

Working...
                                X