X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    Walter Skinner was
    Spoiler:
    killed off in the last epi of X-files. Only way to bring him to the movie is in ghost form ala Krycek. So far the production details list neither as returning.

walter the 'chevron guy' as commander of atlantis
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

I'd really enjoy seeing either:

- Woolsey
      - Caldwell (boy would John go insane...)
      - Hammond
      - Daniel

Any of them would be great, for a slew of reasons... Woolsey would provide the antagonistic IOA rep, Caldwell would be the hard-lining-but-sometimes-empathic military leader, Hammond would just be... God... and Daniel would be the cultured, diplomatic leader.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

PG15 I would give it up. Just about no one likes that Richard guy or the IOA. You are all alone with that one

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          I can tell you if it's RDA/Jack O'neill, I will be very happy!!! O'neill/RDA is older and would be a good fit now as leader of SGA. He really rocked in "The Return"! Can the budget afford him?
          Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          But why would they do that? That would be a demotion for Jack, going from Head of Homeworld Security to base commander.
          Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Yeah you are right did not think about that, he already overlooks Atlantis and the SGC.
          But how much does Jack really care about this kind of stuff? If he wanted to come to Atlantis, I'm sure he wouldn't care about a demotion.

As far as Woolsey, yeah, I can see where that could create some good conflict with the team. However, as much as I like RP, I'm always happy to see his character leave at the end of an episode. Not sure I could sit through an entire season of him.

I do not want any member of the team behind that desk. Hmmmm, no one has mentioned Ronon as a candidate.
          sigpic
          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
            But how much does Jack really care about this kind of stuff? If he wanted to come to Atlantis, I'm sure he wouldn't care about a demotion.
            Why would Jack want to come to Atlantis? It was Daniel that always wanted to go....I don't think Jack really cared.

I think Caldwell's probably our most likely candidate. It wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not as bad as it could be.

And yeah, I don't want the team broken up either.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

I'd want the new commander to be a male. I think I just don't want to deal with the idea of another head of something to have sexual tension with the other 'boys' on the expedition. Let the leader be male, and let the tension be military vs. civilian or buttoned up vs. bending the rules.

My first choice would be Caldwell: Mitch Pileggi was working on "Daybreak" in 2006 but that was canceled, so i think he's free. The fact that he almost got his hands on Sheppard's job back in S2 is a good indication he could be brought in as a leader--and the plotline would not have to go far to explain why he was placed in charge, as the IOA would have put him in that position had it not been for Weir's blocking him.

Caldwell has always been an interesting and sensible character in my book--he opposed the less rigid standards of Atlantis but did so civilly, without flying off the handle or aggressively asserting authority. He complied with Weir but made his own opinions known. He was a much better character than Ellis in my book because he had a gentlemanly nature, even when he was at his most antagonistic.

In short, I think it'd be interesting to see the dynamic develop between Caldwell and the rest.

As for Woolsey: Sure, it might be an 'idea' but I couldn't see him making the kinds of decisions Elizabeth did. With as much cowering as he showed in "The Return", how would anyone think he'd make an effective leader?

Daniel: Daniel was my favorite character in SG-1. But I have a really hard time seeing him do what Elizabeth did in SGA. If they wanted Daniel to come as a scientist or head of research or something, I could see that--but as the leader, where he didn't explore really at all? Another congenial head, getting along with Sheppard and the rest? Watching him watch the others go through the gate, leaning over the balcony as Weir did? It doesn't seem right to me. I disliked what happened to Sam this season because she didn't get to be who she was in SG-1--I wouldn't want to do the same with Daniel.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Why would Jack want to come to Atlantis? It was Daniel that always wanted to go....I don't think Jack really cared.

I think Caldwell's probably our most likely candidate. It wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not as bad as it could be.

And yeah, I don't want the team broken up either.
                Yeah, I thought of that as I was writing. Basically I'm projecting what TPTB want onto Jack. And it would be quite a coup to get RDA back on screen.

I could live with Caldwell. Just say no to Landry.
                sigpic
                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

My first choise would be Caldwell. I think he would be able to bring in some conflict to the show (which we haven't really got before), even though the guy has softened a bit since he first showed up. I'm not sure I want someone from SG1, it would be a natural step to make Caldwell take charge. Besides didn't he want that position before anyway? I'm sure he would still be on the shortlist of candidates. But please, god no! NO WOOLSEY!

I actually think they will likely stick to someone millitary to run Atlantis. It wouldn't make sense to change that direction now. So choices are very few IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
                    My first choise would be Caldwell. [...]it would be a natural step to make Caldwell take charge. Besides didn't he want that position before anyway?
                    He actually wanted military command - Shep's position, but I'm sure he'd like command of the whole thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      It's pretty much certain that Skinner was killed off in the last episode
                      What?! How did I miss that

Comment

I think it's either Caldwell or Ellis because TBTB would want an experienced military USAF officer. Woolsey's a civilian, Daniel too and he's part of SG-1 and most likely will appear in an ep anyway. Landry will remain head of the SGC (except if Carter replaces him), Hammond's retired, O'Neill's in DC (but that would be so cool ). it won't be any of the existing regulars because Joe said they're very happy 'to add this name to the list of regulars'. Weir's still MIA so it's not here. am I forgetting someone? IDK, Caldwell or Ellis are the most likely possibilities imo
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

theirs one person that no one has even talked about and thats jonas quinn

Comment

Originally posted by what'chu talkin bout carter View Post
                            And for good reason. There's a greater chance of giant pyramid ships attacking the Earth within the next 30 minutes than him appearing on Atlantis, let alone taking command.

Comment

Originally posted by what'chu talkin bout carter View Post

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                              And for good reason. There's a greater chance of giant pyramid ships attacking the Earth within the next 30 minutes than him appearing on Atlantis, let alone taking command.
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                                He actually wanted military command - Shep's position, but I'm sure he'd like command of the whole thing...
                                Oh, your right. Got stuff mixed up here.

Comment

Working...
                                X