Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have liked seeing Carter on Atlantis. It is always nice seeing a familiar face from another show on a different show. I hope they pick a good choice for the one familiar face for when Stargate Universe comes around.

Comment

SGA / Sanctuary - Sanctuary For All Blog Update Jan 31 '08:

From the Sanctuary For All blog update for January 31, 2008:

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/weblog/?p=55

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Green Means Go

Posted by James under: Blogroll .

Hello Sanctuarians,

So, let’s make it official, we have the green light that we have been waiting for.

Sci Fi Channel in the U.S. has ordered a full 13-episode season of Sanctuary and we begin production in March. International television distribution deals are still being negotiated, you can expect to hear more about these in the weeks to come but rest assured, nobody’s being left out.

**snippage**

A big reason why this television deal was secured, was on the strength of our popularity online. Sanctuary, the TV show, would not have happened without the immense popularity of Sanctuary the web series and we have you, the fans, to thank for that.

**snippage**

The Sanctuary internet presence isn’t going anywhere. Webisodes will still be available on the website; in fact, I can tell you that our internet presence will increase. It’s a vital key in our plans and we’ve got a lot in store for you over the next twelve months. Mainstream impact will allow us to integrate our online and tv product even more than we could ever have hoped. These formats are not going to be mutually exclusive, think of them as layers of the entire whole that we will be presenting to you.

**snippage**

More news very soon, we appreciate your patience over the last few months. The future is bright, so get ready.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        I really doubt that. Most likely she will be the commander.
        i hope sam's still leader. she's worked very hard to get there.

IF she's no longer leader, i hope they write the reason with respect to the sam carter character. also, without any doubts, DO NOT KILL OFF THE CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and . oh, and

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

IF she's no longer leader, i hope they write the reason with respect to the sam carter character. also, without any doubts, DO NOT KILL OFF THE CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and . oh, and
          I kind of doubt she's still going to be leader, but I also HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt they would ever kill her off. I think you can relax on that point.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

sally
            I don't even think for a second they'd kill off Sam.
            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              This I disagree with. She led Sg-1 well in season 8 and she did a fine job co comanding SG-1 in seasons 9 and 10. She also has done a great job with comanding Atlantis IMO and she can still do that even with a reduced role.
              I don't know, to me it never felt right for her to command the team. She always kept second guessing herself.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                I kind of doubt she's still going to be leader, but I also HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt they would ever kill her off. I think you can relax on that point.
                TBTB wouldn't even consider killing off Carter imo, she's just too important. however I have to disagree with you on her position in s5, I do believe Carter will still be head of Atlantis in s5
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  TBTB wouldn't even consider killing off Carter imo, she's just too important. however I have to disagree with you on her position in s5, I do believe Carter will still be head of Atlantis in s5
                  Guess we'll see who's right!
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Guess we'll see who's right!
                    sigpic

Comment

sally
                      Regarding the bit in bold - I totally agree! But even if she doesn't stay on as Atlantis' leader she deserves to be in some position of command if she heads back to Earth. And I don't mean some joint SG-1 command with Mitchell (or at least that's what TPTB seemed to think it was because it sure seemed pretty one-sided to me. *Mitchell's* side). Assuming he survived the events of Stargate: Continuum of course TPTB could give him a job elsewhere like Antarctica. He can give the polar bears some company...or at least a half-decent meal. With Mitchell...out of the way so to speak...that lets Sam have SG-1 command all to herself which really she should have had in S9 and S10 and it looks like Stargate: The Ark of Truth too.

*If* Sam does finally leave Atlantis then TPTB *need* to say in Sam's leaving episode what her situation will be *if* there isn't a third Stargate SG-1 movie and then we won't be left wondering what's become of her. After 10-years she deserves better than to disappear into the ether.
                      Last edited by Alan; 31 January 2008, 04:57 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                        I don't even think for a second they'd kill off Sam.
                        DO NOT KILL OFF THE CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and . oh, and
                        They wouldn't kill Sam. They need her for future movies.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                          Thanks for the actual article Prion.
                          You're welcome. Since this is probably the intitial press release, it's best to work with this rather than the ton of reworked versions out on the net. I skimmed several but all they were were rewrites.

Comment

May I ask why you doubt she'll still be the leader? I'm asking because I'm curious about the viewpoint. After all the kafuffle of the past 18 months I can't see them putting in a new commander (though I do think that TPTB are capable of some damn illogical things), it seems to me JM sees the commander as a part time role (my paraphrasing) and so it is reasonable to assume we'll get a commander more along the lines of General Hammond and they'll keep Sam. Is your reasoning that AT will only be in several episodes and therefore can't be the commander anymore?
                            -

Comment

interesting, thanks for the comparison

so basically what happened in the first half of s4. like I said TBTB will most likely write around her schedule, much like this season. crazy idea but maybe Carter gets kidnapped or anything else happens to the character in an ep which is then followed by ie two Carter-less eps where the team looks for her
                              Spoiler:
                              I know this sounds exactly what's gonna happen to Teyla in 'The Kindred' but it's just an idea
                              Agreed.This is most likely what will happen and I like your idea.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                You're welcome. Since this is probably the intitial press release, it's best to work with this that's what I was I skimmed several but all they were were rewrites.
                                that's what I was asking about earlier. thanks for posting the initial press release
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X