Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi miju ! There wasn't a "Just no " option offered in the poll ,so just vote for " Your gender-whether you want Shep in a relationship-no".
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Well, shes really annoying so, no, unless she has less clothes.... hmm

Comment

I'm a Sheppard-shipper but honestly, if Larrin was even remotely well-written or acted...or had ANY chemistry with Shep, I wouldn't care. Unfortunately for her, she has none of those things going for her so....NO, I don't want any more of her in S5.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          I'm a Sheppard-shipper but honestly, if Larrin was even remotely well-written or acted...or had ANY chemistry with Shep, I wouldn't care. Unfortunately for her, she has none of those things going for her so....NO, I don't want any more of her in S5.

-Stef
          While I don't want her shipped with him she is still a good character IMO.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            To each their own. I've been waiting for her to do something (anything) to impress me but instead I've only grown more and more agitated by her character. But if the writers or the actress can turn this character around, then I wouldn't mind her sticking around. Until that point, I maintain my previous statement.

Perhaps I wouldn't mind her as much if they weren't continuously shoving her and Shep down my throat. The fact that I see no chemistry there and he's the only one she seems to share scenes with is not helping.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

To each their own. I've been waiting for her to do something (anything) to impress me but instead I've only grown more and more agitated by her character. But if the writers or the actress can turn this character around, then I wouldn't mind her sticking around. Until that point, I maintain my previous statement.

Perhaps I wouldn't mind her as much if they weren't continuously shoving her and Shep down my throat. The fact that I see no chemistry there and he's the only one she seems to share scenes with is not helping.

-Stef
              Well as you said to each their own. Personally I don't feel like they have shoved her down our throats.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                Hi miju ! There wasn't a "Just no " option offered in the poll ,so just vote for " Your gender-whether you want Shep in a relationship-no".
                sorry F.H. - no can do.

I think Sheppard should have ejected Larrin out an airlock (or at least evacuated the atmosphere in the room where she was on the Lantean ship) - when he had the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Agreed. If she might have some interaction with other members of the expedition, she might be more interesting. As it is, she's something of a one note character.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miju View Post
                    sorry F.H. - no can do.

I think Sheppard should have ejected Larrin out an airlock (or at least evacuated the atmosphere in the room where she was on the Lantean ship) - when he had the chance.
                    ROTFL ! During Travelers ,I had a very similar desire .

Sometimes the urge to airlock gets in the way of me trying to give new characters a chance.....

Edited to add link : http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5554
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 February 2008, 01:25 PM. Reason: Adding link to the "Who's next for the airlock ?" thread
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by txTart View Post
                      Agreed. If she might have some interaction with other members of the expedition, she might be more interesting. As it is, she's something of a one note character.
                      Exactly. And therein lies the problem. She's more of an idea/concept than an actual character, in my opinion.

-Stef

Comment

I think the fact that Sheppard saw something in her... or else felt something, who knows what, merits her return. (Please keep in mind that I'm trying to ignore the fact that all the women John meets are gone before the next episode lol)

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          [This'll come out harsh, so forgive me in advance...]

I think the concept of the Travelers is ridiculously farfetched [Genii I can happily deal with, but hyperdrive...] and her character as the sexy bad@$$ commander whose sexual tension with one of our good guys could be cut with Ronon's sword is more than a bit derivative and cliche. I want to see her return if only to see Weir/Wraith/a black hole slowly and mercilessly destroy her and her people in as great cgi detail as tptb can muster and afford.

That'd be a 'No'.
                          Oh, harsh is good! I would love to see Lizzie kick her behind. Or a wraith queen suck the life-force out of her. A black hole - ooh, nice! The chances of that are actually remarkably high, given that they're always about and ... travelling. And CGI detail - yeah, tptb, put that to use! Space battles bore me. CGI black-hole-sucking on the other hand ...

if Larrin was even remotely well-written or acted...or had ANY chemistry with Shep, I wouldn't care. Unfortunately for her, she has none of those things going for her so....NO, I don't want any more of her in S5.
                          I've been waiting for her to do something (anything) to impress me but instead I've only grown more and more agitated by her character. But if the writers or the actress can turn this character around, then I wouldn't mind her sticking around. Until that point, I maintain my previous statement.
                          I agree wholeheartedly with you, Stef. The fact that she has zip chemistry with Shep is constantly rippling my pond. She also seems to be a poorly-written, bad ripped-off version of Vala. I'm not one to complain about SG-1 similarities, but it's too blatantly ridiculous here. Vala was well-written, well-acted and well-integrated. Larrin is not.

I don't want to see her in season five, unless she gets what she needs - character and clothes. Poor girl must be freezing out there in the blackness of space. Which, speaking of the blackness of space - she could return if it's guarenteed she'll get sent there. It's amazing what oxygen deprivation can do to a character.

And, as far as I'm concerned, > Larrin. If SGA needs a new ally - especially a 'rogue-ish' ally - they should work with the current Weir storyline. It would be a far more emotional battle than the Larrinfest we got in Travellers.

Comment

How about some good writing instead?

Comment

Female, Non-Sheppard shipper with someone else - No

A very enthusiastic "No". Larrin is one of the worst characters ever created for Stargate and she needs to be shown the nearest airlock, fast.

Comment

Is it just me does Larrin and Nancy look kinda similar? Maybe its just the lighting they used but you think thats why Sheppard fancys Larrin?

Comment

Working...
                                X