Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you guys feel bad that you are making Keller cry?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
      You two were quicker on the draw than I was because I didn't realize until the second half of Season 4 that Doppleganger was the first sign of Keller overload. At the time, I thought it was a good idea to try to integrate Keller into the team because I believed that, as a recurring character, she wouldn't get much screen time.Boy, was I wrong!

In fact, I had to be hit over the head with a hammer because I didn't even have a problem with her in Missing, even though that episode was more about her than about Teyla. Again, I told myself that as a recurring character she wouldn't get much screentime, so I didn't begrudge her that time in the spotlight.

It didn't sink in for me that there was too much Keller until Quarantine. After that, there was no turning back. That was when I realized that I just wasn't that interested in the character and didn't understand why she had been featured so much.
      I thought like that in First Strike! I didn't mind her because I thought she was recurring and even in Doppleganger I thought that must be the most we will ever see of her (and she played quite a big part imo) but no, there she was again in Missing playing a huge role! I was thinking where are the rest of the team the whole way through that episode!

And then Quarantine came along. Well that was it for me ever liking Keller. That was when I truly started to loath this character! I still can't get my head around the fact that she was so heavily featured in season 4 apart from to try and set up this stupid love triangle.
      Last edited by elliecat; 12 June 2008, 01:40 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Do you think she feels bad she's ruining the show

In a word no.

(And that would be in part because she is after all a fictional character - unless of course I've gotten it wrong all along and Atlantis in in fact a documentary series.....in which case please extend my apologies to Dr Keller!)

Comment

who cares
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
            Do you think she feels bad she's ruining the show
            she's not ruining the show, TPTB are
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

You guys know I was just teasing right?
              sigpic

Comment

You guys know I was just teasing right?
                Yes we know, but we're running with it

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  she's not ruining the show, TPTB are
                  Yes but she's their avatar!

Comment

unless of course I've gotten it wrong all along and Atlantis in in fact a documentary series.....in which case please extend my apologies to Dr Keller!)
                    I thought you guys knew. I am in fact Dr. Mckay. Now if you excuse me I have to save the city from the evil robot Zelenka with my genius mind.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I thought you guys knew. I am in fact Dr. Mckay. Now if you excuse me I have to save the city from the evil robot Zelenka with my genius mind.
                      Darn and my money was on you being Zelenka!

Comment

Darn and my money was on you being Zelenka!
                        What happened to Zelenka was so sad.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
                          Like I said, perhaps they could have given more screen time to Radek or Lorne (which I would've applauded) but didn't. Radek scenes are almost always full of humor and it's good to see that Sheppard isn't the only capable earth-military-man on base.

Now that Keller is to be a regular in s5, do you think that was what they were leading up to when featuring her in so many eps during s4?

I hadn't thought about the whole 'joining the team' in the mess hall angle. Part of me sees your symbolism, like the character is being pushed into a close knit group of people who've been through a lot together. Part of me is reminded of cliques in high school. I'm going to go with the symbolism aspect and say that TPTB must've been making a conscious decision to indicate to the audience that there are new players in Atlantis and that the structure of all things may not be as stable as one thinks. Think about it ~ they had SG-1 to run with a new team after many years and perhaps wanted a way to have the SGA team seem more fluid and not as entrenched as SG-1 had become before s8.

Just rambling thinking out loud, not meant to step on anyone's toes or bash anyone's opinions. Maybe the angst of not knowing if the team will remain intact or not is meant to add an element here. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
                          In Doppleganger the eating together didn't bother me because it was a plot-line--- people comparing notes on sheppard in their dreams. How do you know you are all dreaming about sheppard (and not in agood way!) without comparing notes?
                          I like the bringing of new people in, SG1 always bothered me because I heard from military friends and family that you are never that stable in aposting... 4 years if you are lucky! with sg1 going sooooooooooo long all together with no changes in the military personnel it was very unrealistic (ok I kow it is scifi )so if sga changes things around every 4 years or so that is fine with me.
                          I like keller and am interested in seeing how they write her for s5... I just don't want a BSG-style soap!

Comment

» I like Jewel but hate the Keller character. I would like it if RepliKeller was brought back as a villain. (Hey, I can dream...)

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                              » I like Jewel but hate the Keller character. I would like it if RepliKeller was brought back as a villain. (Hey, I can dream...)
                              RepliKeller was good...not a villian. she wanted to learn to ascend, and she sacrificed herself, and she gave the "team" a way to track Asuran ships.

Comment

» Villain, recurring character whatever - I would like her to be the type you never know whose side she's on. Better than Larrin

Comment

Working...
                                X