Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Michael
    Spoiler:
    Oh him... I don't count him as a different enemy. He's still Wraith in nature.

When I say new enemy I said perhaps replace one of them or keep one on major Hiatus and if a new season happens, go back to that enemy, sorta how they did in Season 8!
    They should develop their enemies first a little more and maybe when there's no more to know about them than they can shift to something new. We know almost nothing about the Wraith. They suck life and they can give life. They have kids who eat and then switch to sucking.

What about their societies? Do they live in a matriarchy or patriarchy? Who determines who's to become a soldier and who higher up as an officer? Do they have hobbies besides culling planets? Do they celebrate? What's their culture like? Do they have a sense of loving each other? Siblings? Religion? Names? Art?

You see lots of questions that could do with an aswer.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Spoiler:
      Oh him... I don't count him as a different enemy. He's still Wraith in nature.

They should develop their enemies first a little more and maybe when there's no more to know about them than they can shift to something new. We know almost nothing about the Wraith. They suck life and they can give life. They have kids who eat and then switch to sucking.

What about their societies? Do they live in a matriarchy or patriarchy? Who determines who's to become a soldier and who higher up as an officer? Do they have hobbies besides culling planets? Do they celebrate? What's their culture like? Do they have a sense of loving each other? Siblings? Religion? Names? Art?

You see lots of questions that could do with an aswer.
      We do know that the Wraith are very smart, they have a sense of humor, lol. We also know that they are divided sorta like the system lords on SG-1, and each of them fight for more leverage. Michael was a great addition to the cast , imo. He made the Wraith more complexed and brought a whole new story arc to the Wraith.

I think we are going to see more about the Wraith in the 2nd half of this season. Season 5 will likely continue the Wraith story arcs.
      sigpic

Comment

More major enemies are good. It keeps the show arc-based instead of having one-off antagonists every week.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          More major enemies are good. It keeps the show arc-based instead of having one-off antagonists every week.
          Heck if you counted each of the Goa'uld System Lords as seperate enemies. SG-1 had like more than half a dozen. I truly loved that about SG-1, you had Apophis, then Hath'or, then Nirriti, Kronus, Yu, and then Ba'al and Anubis and along with the smaller goa'uld enemies like Seth. It was not like just one big group enemy since each system lord had their own seperate beef with SG-1!

Now with SGA, the Wraith and Replicators/Asurans might be splitting in different directions. It may not be just "The Wraith" but individual Wraiths with different plans and whatnot. Michael and Todd are good examples. Michael who is still out there, is technically not part of "The Wraith" anymore.

Spoiler:
          The end of this season we will likely get that 3rd enemy since Michael is not really considered part of the "Wraith" anymore.

It just keeps the story interesting. This show could very well last as long as SG-1 did. I don't think MGM and SCI FI are even close to letting this show go. Too much guranteed revenue, imo.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            We do?

Asurans, Wraith & ...

Besides TPTB's can't even seriously develop or maintain the regular characters. How do you expect them to maintain more enemies than they can chew.
            In your opinion...

IMO they are doing very well this year, with the characters and the enemies. The Wraith are being featured more than last year, and we have what looks like a new Wraith regular character in the form of Todd. That vharacter alone has and is teaching us alot more about Wraith culture. And IMO the Asurans are getting very interesting now, I expect TMC will confirm that.

IMO, Pegasus needs more species, be them human or otherwise. We only really have the Wraith and Asurans as major players. We hardly see the Genii, and so far we have only seen the Travelers once.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
              In your opinion...

IMO they are doing very well this year, with the characters and the enemies. The Wraith are being featured more than last year, and we have what looks like a new Wraith regular character in the form of Todd. That vharacter alone has and is teaching us alot more about Wraith culture. And IMO the Asurans are getting very interesting now, I expect TMC will confirm that.

IMO, Pegasus needs more species, be them human or otherwise. We only really have the Wraith and Asurans as major players. We hardly see the Genii, and so far we have only seen the Travelers once.
              I don't think we've really learned much new about the Wraith this season. We already knew Todd had a sense of humor and that various hives were at war with each other from last season. While they are featuring the Wraith somewhat, they've also weakened them: They can now be taken out with one shot (Reunion) and can be frightened into giving life back to their victims (Travelers) -- so much for defiant ones like Steve.

I'd like to see the tough and powerful Wraith we saw in season 1 come back.

Comment

We have our first episode name!

Ah, right to it then? Well, back in early November, we did come up with a bunch of jumping off points, fleshed out notions, and lame episode titles. We put them up on the white board and, at last count, had 14. As you may or may not have guessed, the title of our premiere (which I cryptically referred to as S&R) is Search and Rescue. Who's searching and who's in need of rescue? Tune into the season 4 finale to find out.
                https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...40597712958002
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                  Cool spoiler! thanks for puttin that... and the link up!

Comment

I have this feeling we will hear by next week that Carson will be returning for next season.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have this feeling we will hear by next week that Carson will be returning for next season.
                      If that's the case, it's the world's worse kept secret. People were talking about it at Burbank, saying it's been confirmed. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea..

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                        If that's the case, it's the world's worse kept secret. People were talking about it at Burbank, saying it's been confirmed. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea..
                        It's going to happen. Beckett was a mistake killing off and since they know how strong the fandom is for this character they are likely bringing him back. It's a smart creative and business move.

Now, lets get cracking on Weir! EVERYONE! Needs to watch this Mortal Coil and send letters to SCI FI about Weir.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's going to happen. Beckett was a mistake killing off and since they know how strong the fandom is for this character they are likely bringing him back. It's a smart creative and business move.

Now, lets get cracking on Weir! EVERYONE! Needs to watch this Mortal Coil and send letters to SCI FI about Weir.
                          What you fail to recognise is that JM wasn't one of the people behind the decision to get rid of Paul. He WAS behind the decision to get rid of Torri, at least in part. He's said he's happy with that decision.

Also, the Beckett people got them free publicity by getting the show mentioned on TV.

To me, that says that short of a miracle, she won't be back. Which pisses me off beyond belief, especially when you see reviews like one that I read recently where the person said that it was an insane decision, and Elizabeth WAS Atlantis. That was an impartial review in a magazine or online somewhere, not something from a fan, either. Just shows the critics can't figure out what the hell they're doing either.

Comment

Oops, looks like I should've read this thread first.

Oh well, episode speculation thread's open.

Comment

If...

Season 5 starts with the Asurans & Wraith forming a temporary Alliance against Atlantis, with fleets of Asuran & Wraith Warships heading for the planet. Then three ships the size of BC-304s drop out of hyperspace above Atlantis that look like a combination of a Wraith Cruiser and Tau'ri level tech. Atlantis is hailed, and it's leading a militia of Wraith hunters using a combination of Wraith & Genii tech. They put up a good fight, and manage to knock out 2 hives using kamikaze attacks armed with Genii nukes, but barely scratch the overall fleet.

After Carter orders the self-destruct another wave of ships approach the battered city, but these are of a totally different design. McKay & Zelenka have no idea who these ships belong to, but Carter recognizes their design.

Then a message comes through.

THOR: Greetings Colonel Carter. General O'Neill mentioned that you are in need of assistance. The battle-group Samantha Carter is at your disposal.

The Asgard ships, using Asgard beam tech are 1-hit-KO-ing Hives and 3-hit-KO-ing Auroras.

The battle closes with nearly no Asgard causalities and rubble standing where the Wraith & Asurans were. Then the camera cuts to another scene with Oma Desala bloodied on the floor and Anubis watching the Pegasus battle, and saying, "It seems that everything is going according to plan after all" and the episode closing on his laughter.

Would Atlantis fans be happy?
                              Last edited by Ripple in Space; 19 December 2007, 12:57 PM.
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

this might be fun. to hear someone mention O'Neill once again is cool, to see Thor and the Asgard again -> very cool. still no chance in hell for this to happen
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X