Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    Adria: Daddy!!!!!!!!
    The thing is, who is Adrias daddy?
    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

the Ori
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

*runs and hide*
        I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Some very vague hints from David Nykl (he's worse than JM!):

The middle of summer. Ahhh. Time to do some CSI'n.(See above) That's the venerable and highly misunderstood Sean Murphy, the best-of-the-best, our Second A.D. (not b.c - just to be clear) He's the glue that holds the lot together. He's, I dunno, Italian, I think.
          Dispatches from a moment by the desktop -I'm very old school that way: a couple more scripts have rolled in, and they are, by all accounts, stunning because of what happens to- mmmGrgp PHkhh h . ff.F.
          There's also a behind the scenes videoblog coming out on the MGM site somewhere, I think, soon,
          And 2 pics:

David Hewlett and...David Hewlett
          David Nykl and Sean Murphy

All from: http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.c...ny-places.html

Comment

Remember "Hexed"?

Kim writes: “Thank you Alan for a wonderful episode on Friday. I’m not sure if you can field this question but after listening to the commentary to “Outcast” the idea was mentioned that Dave have returned for “Hexed”. Since I think, I’m not sure, you might have been the one who was asked to pen that script….and now that its been shelved.

Could you tell us what that one would have been about? I’m very curious even though it’ll never see the light of day what would have brought back John’s brother in the picture not to mention elsewhere it was mentioned that Sheppard’s hair would have needed to be flat for the eppy.”

I don’t want to say too much about “Hexed” in case the idea resurfaces for season six. Suffice to say it could also be titled “Sheppard’s Really Bad Day”.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...an-mccullough/

Comment

Guess you know which line to cross out in the poem, then?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                *Imagines The Wraith coming to the MW to eat Adria's worshippers*

Man, that would have been funny to see!
                Indeed it would, especially with all the Wraith getting slaughtered by the Priors.

Originally posted by melfan View Post
                The thing is, who is Adrias daddy?
                Spoiler:

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                the Ori

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  The lovemaking would be most unpleasant

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
                    The lovemaking would be most unpleasant
                    Quite hot I would think. *no pun intended*

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                      Quite hot I would think. *no pun intended*

Comment

A from me, as well.

Comment

Some general stuff:

Freidag writes: “I understand that a lot of fans like this “ship” and I’m happy for you. But for some fans who just want good sci-fi without all the loving, and enjoy all the characters and the team as a whole, this season is shaping up to be a nightmare.”

Answer: First of all, this season will have more “team” episodes than any other. Fully half season 5’s episodes can be classified as such.

Freidag writes: “YES ARC! I know someone else on the blog once mentioned “romance arc” once and was kind of maligned for it.”

Answer: I suppose it depends on what you consider an arc. The pairing in season 5 is an arc in the same way as Teyla’s adjustment to motherhood and Woolsey settling in to the command position can be considered an arc.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...se-of-the-day/

As for the poem...yeah, I've known for quite some time.

Comment

Once upon a time, there was an episode called "The Red Shirt Diaries" that would've been written by Carl Binder. Eventually though, it was replaced by "The Prodigal", that had a completely different plot. Still, Carl enlightens us on what could've been (and may still be later on?):

GW: Well, the show is primarily an action-adventure show. But you can't always do that. You have to have your lulls from the explosions. That's where I particularly find some of the more interesting episodes. Because it's not normal for something like Stargate. You know -- going through the gate, going into battle, coming out of it again. But I think it explores the characters more. Explores them more as humans.

CB: One of the other things I pitched, but they rejected it, was the whole idea. You know a few years ago, one that Martin [Gero] did was "Sunday." The day off on Atlantis. And the other thing I've always been intrigued by is, you know we always have these mess hall scenes, right? I mean, who's there cleaning up and bussing the tables? They've come from Earth and they are in an entirely other galaxy, and there they are. To work in the mess hall.

GW: Kind of a "Lower Decks"-type episode.

CB: Yeah, "Lower Decks." What if there was this group of friends that always ate lunch together, but they were like the janitor and the one S.O. who wants to be on one of the away teams but he keeps asking. And no, he's just got to guard the gate when the gate activates. So these guys end up getting into trouble.

GW: Would it have been more of a comedy, like "The Other Guys"?

CB: No. Well, maybe a little of both. But what ends up happening in this pitch is that the guy who wanted to be on the away team actually gets his chance. And gets shot and accidentally left behind for dead. When in fact he isn't dead. So the whole thing is kind of told in flashbacks.

We see everything that led up to what is going on right now. And the whole idea is that once Sheppard finds out that this insignificant "red shirt" is in fact not dead, but on another planet being held, he orchestrates this huge rescue to show that it doesn't matter who the person is. We will go back for him. And no, it wasn't received well.
                            http://gateworld.net/interviews/scri...the_soul.shtml

Bah! I would've loved to see it!

Comment

Maybe not with just 20 episodes in one season...

Comment

SGA has 20 eps per season, could be a cliffhanger that resolves in season 6's first eopisode

Comment

Working...
                                X